Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-15-2020, 08:40 PM   #281
17MaroSS

Drives: 17 2SS 6sp
Did you ever get the 90° or 45° piece on? Any pictures with it on with the hose connected? Are you supposed to take out the piece that sticks out of the lt2 or just attach the 90 or 45° one onto it?
17MaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:10 PM   #282
bjbonentte

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17MaroSS View Post
Did you ever get the 90° or 45° piece on? Any pictures with it on with the hose connected? Are you supposed to take out the piece that sticks out of the lt2 or just attach the 90 or 45° one onto it?

I pulled the 45* off the stock pcv line and attached it to my catch can. I have not taken any pics. I will see if I can get some tomorrow. Works great now.
bjbonentte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:29 PM   #283
Hambo864

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Installed my LT2 intake tonight. The cover will be here on Thursday. First initial drive, the car definitely felt stronger above 4k RPM maybe a little flatter down low. I have Roto Fab intake only, no tune. With a throttle body and a tune, I'm sure it will do much better. Waiting on the warranty to expire first.
Hambo864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:40 PM   #284
17MaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbonentte View Post
I pulled the 45* off the stock pcv line and attached it to my catch can. I have not taken any pics. I will see if I can get some tomorrow. Works great now.
Awesome Id really appreciate that! I'm especially curious which 45* piece you're taking about. I don't see anything like that on mine. But i did go ahead and order that 90* elbow from autozone (3/4" and 5/8"). Also ordered manifold and tb gaskets from rockauto.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:50 AM   #285
bjbonentte

Quote:
Awesome Id really appreciate that! I'm especially curious which 45* piece you're taking about. I don't see anything like that on mine. But i did go ahead and order that 90* elbow from autozone (3/4" and 5/8"). Also ordered manifold and tb gaskets from rockauto.

That 90 will work fine. I took the stock pcv line that went from valley to intake and just pulled off one of the ends. One was strait one was 45. The 45 worked perfect. For clarification too I have a catch can that is off to the drivers side valve cover. i will try and get a pic today.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:51 AM   #286
bjbonentte

Look at the circled part. you can see the 45* that I reused. It is not connected to the intake in this photo.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #287
17MaroSS

Quote:
Look at the circled part. you can see the 45* that I reused. It is not connected to the intake in this photo.
Thank you for clearing that up for me!
Old 12-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #288
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Just a small update. may not be a big issue but wondering if anyone else has noticed that the lt2 corvette intake cover rubs the hoodliner a little bit. May just pull the it out if it gets too bad.
Yea it look too tall to me also. Also I worry there will be less aiflow over the engine.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:44 PM   #289
17MaroSS

Quote:
Just a small update. may not be a big issue but wondering if anyone else has noticed that the lt2 corvette intake cover rubs the hoodliner a little bit. May just pull the it out if it gets too bad.
This might be a stupid question, but how do you know that it rubs the hoodliner If the hood is closed? LOL does it leave a mark on the cover or something?

I have my cover coming in tomorrow. Does anyone happen to know the screw size required to screw in the cover onto the manifold?

Also I think it's been discussed before, but has anyone found a way to take the Corvette logos off And maybe possibly replace them with camaro logos?
Old 01-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #290
Hambo864

Below are some pictures I took that may help everyone out. You can see it rubs the hood liner. I'm not happy about it at all. If I had to choose between a rub in the hood liner or the Intake with cover, I would choose intake with cover every time. Also, you can see I installed a 90* fitting on the PCV to help with hood clearance as well as aesthetics.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #291
Hambo864

Quote:
This might be a stupid question, but how do you know that it rubs the hoodliner If the hood is closed? LOL does it leave a mark on the cover or something?
You can see my pictures above. That's how you know it rubs LOL.

Quote:
I have my cover coming in tomorrow. Does anyone happen to know the screw size required to screw in the cover onto the manifold?
I can't remember what the thread pitch was exactly, but take one of the original LT1 cover bolts down to your local parts house. They have a plate that you can screw it into to figure it out exactly.

Quote:
Also I think it's been discussed before, but has anyone found a way to take the Corvette logos off And maybe possibly replace them with Camaro logos?
EmblemPros are allegedly working on one. I would like to know also. Some have taken the corvette plates off and some left them. I elected to leave mine for the time being. User preference.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #292
JTRATX

Drives: 17 SS 1LE, 14 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo864 View Post
Below are some pictures I took that may help everyone out. You can see it rubs the hood liner. I'm not happy about it at all. If I had to choose between a rub in the hood liner or the Intake with cover, I would choose intake with cover every time. Also, you can see I installed a 90* fitting on the PCV to help with hood clearance as well as aesthetics.
Can you post up the deets on the 90* fitting? I need to get one.
JTRATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 05:51 PM   #293
17MaroSS

Hambo - very helpful thanks bud

JTRATX - I cut off the factory 45* (135*?) elbow that was there and will attach my Mishimoto catch can hose to it with a clamp. Btw if you don't have a catch can, most people would say get one asap. Hope that helps
Old 01-07-2021, 07:05 PM   #294
Hambo864

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRATX View Post
Can you post up the deets on the 90* fitting? I need to get one.
It’s just a standard 3/8” 90* elbow from NAPA. Had to shop around though. You would think every store would have the same stock but they don’t.