Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-23-2021, 10:20 AM   #57
cerino2000

Drives: C6 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post

No dealership will sell a car at a loss. Many won't sell below a minimum profit amount. They hold it for a short time and then off to auction it goes. If the dealer bought the car at auction, it seems to not stay on their lot more than 30 days ("magic number"?) while a car they take in trade typically won't stay much longer. The costs associated with going to auction to both buy AND sell must help them write down the value to sell it to the next dealership to give it a try...
Sometimes they will. Depends how long they sit on it. On one of my Hellcats the car stickered for $71k and I bought it for $54k...brand new. It was a 2016 and I bought it new in late 2017.

Bought a 2017 corvette stickered for $65k for $47k. It was a 2017 bought it in august of 2018. Amazingly when I got tired of it just 7 months later, I couldn’t give it away and took a $6k loss on it in mint condition with 1200 miles on it and 2.5 years of factory warranty left. Not a single person came to look at it. Black on black, dual mode exhaust, NAV, PDR, manual trans. It’s downfall was that it was a 1LT trim level non z51 car. Uneducated people didn’t realize that a 1LT in a C7 isn’t like a 1LT in a C6 with no options. The C7’s had plenty of options even at a 1LT trim level. Traded it in on a Challenger 1320. They sold it to a Chevy dealer who lied and said it was a Z51 and sold it for $47k 2 days later. Some poor sucker thinks they got a Z51 and doesn’t even realize the dealer lied.
cerino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:46 AM   #58
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerino2000 View Post
Sometimes they will. Depends how long they sit on it. On one of my Hellcats the car stickered for $71k and I bought it for $54k...brand new. It was a 2016 and I bought it new in late 2017.

Bought a 2017 corvette stickered for $65k for $47k. It was a 2017 bought it in august of 2018. Amazingly when I got tired of it just 7 months later, I couldn’t give it away and took a $6k loss on it in mint condition with 1200 miles on it and 2.5 years of factory warranty left. Not a single person came to look at it. Black on black, dual mode exhaust, NAV, PDR, manual trans. It’s downfall was that it was a 1LT trim level non z51 car. Uneducated people didn’t realize that a 1LT in a C7 isn’t like a 1LT in a C6 with no options. The C7’s had plenty of options even at a 1LT trim level. Traded it in on a Challenger 1320. They sold it to a Chevy dealer who lied and said it was a Z51 and sold it for $47k 2 days later. Some poor sucker thinks they got a Z51 and doesn’t even realize the dealer lied.

That’s why dealers and car salesmen suck. And while there might be a few good ones here and there they generally all suck.

Don’t get me started
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #59
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:

Just because you bought it significantly below sticker does NOT mean that the dealership sold it at a loss.

Between incentives from the factory, holdbacks, and depreciation that the dealer may have been 'recognizing', they did not sell it at a loss while you got a very good deal.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #60
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Just because you bought it significantly below sticker does NOT mean that the dealership sold it at a loss.

Between incentives from the factory, holdbacks, and depreciation that the dealer may have been 'recognizing', they did not sell it at a loss while you got a very good deal.

I was going to say the same thing. Especially on these higher priced performance cars.

Looks like a pretty good deal for this 2020 2ss convertible just listed. Only 12k miles and listed at 36k. Imagine might be able to get them down a few hundred from that. I imagine if it sits awhile might go down to 34,999

My 2016 I bought used was a hard top and no warranty left. If I were looking still I'd give this a serious look even though I dislike rag tops.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #61
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Not a camaro but my wife and I helped her dad (83) sell his truck (he no longer drives). It was a '16 single cab dodge ram (5.7). Thing is, he lives on a farm. This was a farm truck. 80k miles, every body panel had scratches and dents. Interior looked like someone just threw mud inside of it and let it dry. Hell, even the bed of the truck caught on fire at 1 time. Carmax paid him 11k for it. I about shit myself and was hoping to get 5k at best.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:08 PM   #62
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Not a camaro but my wife and I helped her dad (83) sell his truck (he no longer drives). It was a '16 single cab dodge ram (5.7). Thing is, he lives on a farm. This was a farm truck. 80k miles, every body panel had scratches and dents. Interior looked like someone just threw mud inside of it and let it dry. Hell, even the bed of the truck caught on fire at 1 time. Carmax paid him 11k for it. I about shit myself and was hoping to get 5k at best.

Carmax are idiots. Try selling you Camaro to them and I bet they'd give you a joke lowball offer.

Why are people dumb enough to buy cars from them, especially ones like Mustangs and Camaros? They're overpriced by about 3k when compared to a traditional car dealer, AND not much haggle room with Carmax unlike your local dealer.

That Carvana is another one overpriced but they don't seem quite as bad as Carmax.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:47 PM   #63
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Paid 31500 for mine and Kbb says 34000-36000, but obviously it doesn’t really mean much since I have a lot of aftermarket stuff into it
Old 01-23-2021, 08:07 PM   #64
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Wow, that's a great deal on a 2SS ragtop, if only M6. . . (and its on the wrong side of the country)
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:35 PM   #65
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Wow, that's a great deal on a 2SS ragtop, if only M6. . . (and its on the wrong side of the country)

It's an auto the link I posted to. It doesn't have NPP though but that's not a big deal IMO.

TBH I wouldn't care if my 2016 I bought didn't have npp. I want to put aftermarket on it anyway and I always keep mine in sport mode. I like to hear my car!

About a month ago a used car lot had a Hertz rental 2019 2SS ragtop for only $32,000. Was 28,000 miles and was a rental. Pretty sure it was a Hertz rental cause they're the only ones who rent them around here.

For some odd reason it seems for Camaros you can find better deals on rag tops. You'd think in FL rag top would be in hire demand and fetch more.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:40 PM   #66
cerino2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Carmax are idiots. Try selling you Camaro to them and I bet they'd give you a joke lowball offer.

Why are people dumb enough to buy cars from them, especially ones like Mustangs and Camaros? They're overpriced by about 3k when compared to a traditional car dealer, AND not much haggle room with Carmax unlike your local dealer.

That Carvana is another one overpriced but they don't seem quite as bad as Carmax.
The prices that Carvana was dishing out a few months ago was ridiculously good if you sold one to them. They had 2 year old scat pack challengers actually selling for $41500. The MSRP on the car when new was $41000. What is really stupid is anyone could walk off the street to a dealer and they would get $5k off via Dodge’s power dollars sale on the same car brand new.

I just couldn’t get over it so I started digging for information on how they could find people that damn dumb to pay over sticker on a used car. I found my answer in a Reddit thread where someone effectively asked the same question. Several people who bought from Carvana answered and all of them had two things in common. The first was that they were willing to pay to not have to deal with the assholes at the car dealerships and that whole bullshit experience (think of dealer add-ons etc where expect one price and all of the sudden it’s way higher). The 2nd was that they never had to leave the house. Wasnt just a few replies, it was many all with the same story.

Dealerships should take note.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:03 PM   #67
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
The prices that Carvana was dishing out a few months ago was ridiculously good if you sold one to them. They had 2 year old scat pack challengers actually selling for $41500. The MSRP on the car when new was $41000. What is really stupid is anyone could walk off the street to a dealer and they would get $5k off via Dodge’s power dollars sale on the same car brand new.

I just couldn’t get over it so I started digging for information on how they could find people that damn dumb to pay over sticker on a used car. I found my answer in a Reddit thread where someone effectively asked the same question. Several people who bought from Carvana answered and all of them had two things in common. The first was that they were willing to pay to not have to deal with the assholes at the car dealerships and that whole bullshit experience (think of dealer add-ons etc where expect one price and all of the sudden it’s way higher). The 2nd was that they never had to leave the house. Wasnt just a few replies, it was many all with the same story.

Wow what idiots. I never seem to have that problem with add ons, etc. when I buy a car. My 2012 Mustang when I bought new was a simple process, very simple. The 2016 Camaro SS I bought last sept was simple. Only pain part was waiting 30 mins for the finance guy and then week later had to comeback to sign the title again cause of an error. The pricing was straight up what they offered me for trade in.

I've never had a problem with add on fees when buying a car. My dad who learned from my uncle taught me how to buy cars.

Or millennials are just that dumb. I'm only 37 btw. Then again us on these forums are more educated on purchasing cars too I'd imagine than most.

I also would NEVER buy a car without visually inspecting it and test driving it before forking over money.

But what gets me is most of these cars I see Carmax selling are just your run of the mill SUVs and sedans when I see the Carmax logo on them. You have people overpaying to buy grocery getters.

Lets say Carmax sold new cars. A Camaro 2ss is 45k at the Chevy dealer and you could get them down to 42,500 with rebates or haggle. Would you buy new at Carmax for 48,000 and no rebates and no haggle?

Wait, 5k off NEW Scatpack? I didn't see this rebate when I was shopping back in Sept. If I would have I would have considered a scatpack if the deal was right on my trade in! New car, basically the same performance as an SS as well and sharp looking.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:10 PM   #68
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:

I have bought all of my cars from out of state dealers and never had to deal with BS. They shipped it to my house. We live in the technology age where you can email, text, or call and get the best OTD price that dealers can offer in the nation. If dealers don’t want to play the game, then they eliminate themselves from business. Not sure why you’d buy a used car for more money than what you could buy new, but then again a sucker is born everyday. Feel sad for those that don’t know how to negotiate a deal for themselves. The same holds true with anything you buy.

I had to get my Raptor in Vegas because the dealers wanted $10k-$25k markup. I told them MSRP or no deal and found Team Ford in Vegas that offered MSRP and no BS fees. Same is happening with the GT500 and C8.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:48 PM   #69
cerino2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post

Wait, 5k off NEW Scatpack? I didn't see this rebate when I was shopping back in Sept. If I would have I would have considered a scatpack if the deal was right on my trade in! New car, basically the same performance as an SS as well and sharp looking.
Yes power dollars have been happening since at least summer of last year. Still going on. Rebate is $10 per horsepower. Scat is 485 so $4850 off plus they have another $750 for everyone if you own another brand car. There are others on top of that. Everyone qualifies for the power dollars though. I just bought another in November. I have both a scat pack and a camaro LT1.
Old 01-23-2021, 11:20 PM   #70
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yes power dollars have been happening since at least summer of last year. Still going on. Rebate is $10 per horsepower. Scat is 485 so $4850 off plus they have another $750 for everyone if you own another brand car. There are others on top of that. Everyone qualifies for the power dollars though. I just bought another in November. I have both a scat pack and a camaro LT1.

Wow. I wish I'd known this. NOT knocking the Camaro but a very similar car to it overall and I would have had a better deal.

Granted they also had deals going on for left over 2020 1SS at a killer price too which I thought about. Still would been more than my 2016 SS

I do like the Scatpack I can't deny it.

At the time I was shopping though Chevy didn't have many rebates. I will give ford credit they seem to have more rebates and such.

You'd think Chevy would offer more rebates, especially with how crappy Camaro sales are.