#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-30-2020, 09:54 AM   #15
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan82679 View Post
This is the only country you can be broke and still buy a ZL1.
Actually you can do the same (more common there actually) in Saudi Arabia or Dubai. Lots of high end vehicles left in parking lots at the airport after their "rich" owners hopped on a plane and left.

Though if they return and the Government finds out, then you face going to prison for life with hard labor. Not this pansy treatment the "harsh" prison's in the US give's out.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:05 AM   #16
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Actually you can do the same (more common there actually) in Saudi Arabia or Dubai. Lots of high end vehicles left in parking lots at the airport after their "rich" owners hopped on a plane and left.

Though if they return and the Government finds out, then you face going to prison for life with hard labor. Not this pansy treatment the "harsh" prison's in the US give's out.
you don't go to prison for buying things you cant afford and having them repossessed. But i get where you are going. if there were harsher penalties for knowingly buying something you cant afford, not making payments until its repossessed Then rinse and repeat. then it may deter some people, But the type of people that do this sort of thing are not of the moral caliber of someone who gives a shit about misdemeanors on their record
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 01:27 PM   #17
jaybee924

Drives: R.I.P. 2021 ZL1 & 2019 Rd Garn 2SS
LoL Some of you guys over think things. My credit is great. In regard to the girlfriend statement part of it is real and the other part was a joke. She's paying for that car cause she couldn't get it sometimes life happens.

No I'm not rich or made out of money. Also I'm not broke, I was being funny. I guess that went over some people head. Just joking around from a middle class guy. ��
jaybee924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 01:38 PM   #18
EvilZL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee924 View Post
LoL Some of you guys over think things. My credit is great. In regard to the girlfriend statement part of it is real and the other part was a joke. She's paying for that car cause she couldn't get it sometimes life happens.

No I'm not rich or made out of money. Also I'm not broke, I was being funny. I guess that went over some people head. Just joking around from a middle class guy. ��
Ha Ha!! and I thought you were drunk when you posted this???
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 01:39 PM   #19
jaybee924

Thanks all for reading. Hope I gave y'all enough to finish your cup of coffee to early this morning. I'm still waiting on them to call me so I can go down inspect the car and get it. It's going to have to make a 2 hour trip here. Plus since we finished up late yesterday I'm sure all the papers and transfers and stuff take time so I'm patiently waiting. ��
Old 12-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #20
jaybee924

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL View Post
Ha Ha!! and I thought you were drunk when you posted this???
Hey I might be. lmao Still running on 2 hours of sleep. On the drunk part.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:47 PM   #21
EvilZL

Quote:
Hey I might be. lmao Still running on 2 hours of sleep. On the drunk part.
Dude!!
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #22
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Did you get it?
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #23
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
you don't go to prison for buying things you cant afford and having them repossessed. But i get where you are going. if there were harsher penalties for knowingly buying something you cant afford, not making payments until its repossessed Then rinse and repeat. then it may deter some people, But the type of people that do this sort of thing are not of the moral caliber of someone who gives a shit about misdemeanors on their record
Im talking about the Muslim side of things in the middle east. There laws are very strict. You can't make a payment and get a chance to make it, you don't then you go to jail.

Not like here where it'll be repressed, go against your credit and so on.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:12 PM   #24
Dan82679

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Your a good sport Jaybee
Dan82679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #25
jaybee924

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Did you get it?
No the car hasn't left Atlanta yet. I called the dealer at 15:13 an when I called the voice told it all. An said it haven't left the other dealership. So hopefully it comes here tomorrow. I asked was it on my side or in the background. She says, no your side is solid it's in the background with which vehicle they are gonna trade for the Camaro.

I separated it. YaY!!! It's life, good things comes to those who wait. I may go ahead and pass out cause if it ain't left that area by now. I highly doubt I I will see it today.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #26
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
I made it about 2/3 through and then couldnt...

What does "on the clock" mean? If the dealer is saying you have x hours to make a decision, look elsewhere. Under these conditions you're most likely paying too much.

There is always another better car and better deal somewhere else, and if you're pressured to buy and don't take enough time to do homework and find the best deal possible, you will almost always not get a great deal.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #27
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
No the car hasn't left Atlanta yet. I called the dealer at 15:13 an when I called the voice told it all. An said it haven't left the other dealership. So hopefully it comes here tomorrow. I asked was it on my side or in the background. She says, no your side is solid it's in the background with which vehicle they are gonna trade for the Camaro.

I separated it. YaY!!! It's life, good things comes to those who wait. I may go ahead and pass out cause if it ain't left that area by now. I highly doubt I I will see it today.
You should have just driven down to Atlanta and driven it back home! It would have been a good experience and fun too. When I bought my used 2017 ZL1 back last year I drove up to the dealership in Greer, SC and drove it back home on a Saturday. Took about 10 hours all total on that Saturday but was a memorable trip especially driving south on 85 thru Atlanta. I live about 100 miles southwest of Atlanta.
Old 12-30-2020, 04:44 PM   #28
Eham

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
So...you're getting the riverside blue? Post some pics when you get it. I ordered a Riverside Blue ZLE back in early September and still haven't received it yet.
Eham is offline   Reply With Quote