Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 11-13-2016, 01:39 PM   #15
carguy83

Drives: 2009 Pontiac SV6, 2016 Camaro 2LTRS
I was VERY impressed with the fit and quality of the GM cover
Attached Images

Last edited by carguy83; 11-13-2016 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Typo
carguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #16
Motorin Mark

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy83 View Post
I was VERY impressed with the fit and quality of the GM cover
Do you have a part number by chance?
Motorin Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:50 PM   #17
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
Personally, I think you're hearing conflicting opinions on car covers because both approaches have advantages and disadvantages. A cover will keep dust off the car, provide protection from objects/people falling/rubbing up against the vehicle... they also help to protect your car from the elements outside but can cause scratches if the vehicle is not clean or the wind moves the cover around. The ultimate decision is one you will need to make... I personally keep the garage queen cleaned and waxed without a cover.
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #18
carguy83

Drives: 2009 Pontiac SV6, 2016 Camaro 2LTRS
Car cover part number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorin Mark View Post
Do you have a part number by chance?
I snapped a pic of the part #
Attached Images

carguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #19
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverton View Post
Personally, I think you're hearing conflicting opinions on car covers because both approaches have advantages and disadvantages. A cover will keep dust off the car, provide protection from objects/people falling/rubbing up against the vehicle... they also help to protect your car from the elements outside but can cause scratches if the vehicle is not clean or the wind moves the cover around. The ultimate decision is one you will need to make... I personally keep the garage queen cleaned and waxed without a cover.
There is no advantage to a car cover. There is no conflicting opinion. If you use one, it's because you don't know any better.

Park your car in direct sunlight and attack it with sandpaper before you cover it.

I'm vehement, because I used one on my new car for about 6 months and couldn't figure out where all the 1/2" - 1" straight line scratches were coming from before Dylan Von Kliest at Adams taught me about car covers.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:09 PM   #20
AndyL

Drives: 2017 50th SS Convertible
I learned the hard way that putting a car cover on a convertible is not a good idea - at least the one that I bought! (what was I thinking??? Oh, that's right...I wasn't). I bought a 2017 Camaro Vehicle Cover, Indoor, 50th Anniversary (part # 23248241) a few days after I picked up my car. I used it for the first time before I went out of town for a few days. I looked good and fit very well. BUT (BIG BUT!!!) when I took it off today, my entire convertible top was covered in shed fibers that show up superbly against the black top. Not happy.

I spent the next 30 plus minutes with a lint roller to remove as much fiber as I could. It worked very well and I damn near got all of it. The pic is after I'd spent some time with the roller, but you can easily see what I'm talking about.

There's no warning on the instruction sheet about using the cover on a soft top and the risk of resultant fibers all over the top upon removal. I looked after the fact. Once was enough and I promptly returned it to the dealer parts department and showed them the pic I posted here. Hopefully others will be spared down the line. It's a helluva lot easier removing a little dust than what I just did.

Andy
Attached Images

AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:40 PM   #21
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
There is no advantage to a car cover. There is no conflicting opinion. If you use one, it's because you don't know any better.

Park your car in direct sunlight and attack it with sandpaper before you cover it.

I'm vehement, because I used one on my new car for about 6 months and couldn't figure out where all the 1/2" - 1" straight line scratches were coming from before Dylan Von Kliest at Adams taught me about car covers.
There may be no advantage in Orlando, but in other parts of the country there very well can be. It also depends upon the quality of the product purchased, cheap isn't always better even though it doesn't hurt the wallet as much.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:33 PM   #22
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
The CoverCraft Form Fit i bought for my gen5 fits the gen6 nicely. Inside is soft like a high quality sweatshirt.

This car is a driver but i still use it when I travel.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:12 AM   #23
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
I learned the hard way that putting a car cover on a convertible is not a good idea - at least the one that I bought! (what was I thinking??? Oh, that's right...I wasn't). I bought a 2017 Camaro Vehicle Cover, Indoor, 50th Anniversary (part # 23248241) a few days after I picked up my car. I used it for the first time before I went out of town for a few days. I looked good and fit very well. BUT (BIG BUT!!!) when I took it off today, my entire convertible top was covered in shed fibers that show up superbly against the black top. Not happy.

I spent the next 30 plus minutes with a lint roller to remove as much fiber as I could. It worked very well and I damn near got all of it. The pic is after I'd spent some time with the roller, but you can easily see what I'm talking about.

There's no warning on the instruction sheet about using the cover on a soft top and the risk of resultant fibers all over the top upon removal. I looked after the fact. Once was enough and I promptly returned it to the dealer parts department and showed them the pic I posted here. Hopefully others will be spared down the line. It's a helluva lot easier removing a little dust than what I just did.

Andy
Ut Oh. I put my new 50th cover on the Might HABU last evening. My drop top might be in the same shape this morning. I hope not. Thank you for pointing this out Andy.

Kindest,

Donner
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #24
AndyL

Drives: 2017 50th SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donner View Post
Ut Oh. I put my new 50th cover on the Might HABU last evening. My drop top might be in the same shape this morning. I hope not. Thank you for pointing this out Andy.

Kindest,

Donner
I hope mine was an isolated situation Donner. Let us know how it goes when you remove your cover. If it ends up like mine, lint roller works great.

P.S. I used to live in Williamsburg, JCC specifically. Great area!
AndyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #25
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Mine stays in the garage, where during the day all three Ranch cats have access. They like to jump up and sleep on the roof or trunk area. So decided to get a good cover to stop the small scratches they will make with their sandy paws. I also place a doubled up GI blanket on the trunk area, where they tend to congregate.

Can't get rid of the cats as they are the main line in rodent defense. We would be over run with mice/packrats without them.

So I'll keep it clean , then cover it.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:04 AM   #26
SleeperG8GT
Genesis

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The CoverCraft Form Fit i bought for my gen5 fits the gen6 nicely. Inside is soft like a high quality sweatshirt.

This car is a driver but i still use it when I travel.
I know this is an old thread but what model number is this from covercraft?

Instagram: SirMannyTheArc

SleeperG8GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #27
bubs
Bubmobile

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1, 2014 Corvette Z51
I ordered from CarCovers.com as I think they were recommended somewhere on here, but waited 3months and the cover was still backordered, so bought this one: https://www.carcoversfactory.com/car...tion-car-cover

And am happy with it. Stretches well enough to fit over the 1LE wing and front dive planes and splitter extension.
Attached Images