#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-08-2021, 08:44 PM   #29
Schlok

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #397 2022 ZL1 #1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Go with the 6gen ZL1 and I really think you will be impressed and have no regrets!��
Agreed, having owned a 2010 SS and a 15 Z/28, the ZL1 is such a better car than both for daily driving (and track duty, most likely). The difference between the platforms is quite stark.
Schlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #30
Maro_89

Drives: High HP V8
Definitely the 6th gen ZL1. I've driven both cars back to back and the 6th gen ZL1 feels way faster and sharper in handling. Definitely puts the power down better and a lot more responsive. The only benefits I liked about the 5th gen ZL1 is that it's a little bigger inside, a little more comfortable in the front seats, and has that muscle car sound.

I can understand how some are partial to the 5th for its muscle car looks and it was great car for its time and can still be but it doesn't hold a candle to the 6th gen Z as far as performance and interior design. You already had a few gen 5 Z's, time to make the switch my man.
Maro_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #31
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro_89 View Post
Definitely the 6th gen ZL1. I've driven both cars back to back and the 6th gen ZL1 feels way faster and sharper in handling. Definitely puts the power down better and a lot more responsive. The only benefits I liked about the 5th gen ZL1 is that it's a little bigger inside, a little more comfortable in the front seats, and has that muscle car sound.

I can understand how some are partial to the 5th for its muscle car looks and it was great car for its time and can still be but it doesn't hold a candle to the 6th gen Z as far as performance and interior design. You already had a few gen 5 Z's, time to make the switch my man.
I know it's time to go to the 6th gen and I am looking still. I have found a 18 model with 9k miles on it and I am leaning toward it. It is in florida so I am trying to find one that is closer to me. I will as I am in no hurry right now.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote