Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #6847
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Part of the "Camaro Fifty" gift pack. Chevrolet sent to all original US buyers of the Camaro Fifty. There's also a graphic art poster for all the other generations. Gen 3 and Gen 4 are over my left shoulder. There's also the ZL1 smokey burnout included in the pack. Still looking for the right wall to put that one up on.
Very nice, I'm going to try and find someone selling one or print a digital copy... I saw it was also the background package art for the Hotwheels Camaro toy.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:28 PM   #6848
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
https://youtu.be/GUjI2jnhSDo
Kinda interesting especially since he has a 500 also
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:43 AM   #6849
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I watched a few seconds. But then I realized who it was and saw the description and realized it was a waste of time. If it's just 2 guys out paling around then why call it a "battle"? Call it "2 guys out driving their cars but not competing and not trying to beat each other".

Frankly, I am pissed that this dude not only got a GT500 first but now is one of the first to get a C8. I don't have any problem with people who are rich or have rich parents or were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Doesn't bother me one bit. WHat does bother me is when someone gets preferential treatment over the rest of us who are spending the same money and who in many cases put down huge-ass deposits for a C8 and putting our orders in while this silly boy was buying a GT500. That put a bad taste in my mouth. But it was ok because I figured I would still get a 2020. Now with this whole virus thing I am definitely not getting a 2020 MY and I probably won't get ANY C8 in 2020 at all unless I happen upon one at a dealership and buy it. If GM hadn't been busy playing favorites to fake stars and if they had given those of us who work hard for our money a fair shake then maybe I could have gotten mine. But no. So basically I just gave GM an interest free loan for a year and a half based on when I might get mine.

And I hate to bash GM. Everyone knows I'm a Camaro fanboy. But this is the kind of stuff that turns fans away. It was poor judgement. Because now I'm looking at things and my order just might get cancelled for something else...maybe a M5. Anyway, sorry to rain on the parade.

BTW you guys might not hear from me for a while as I will be taking an assignment in NY to help out with the crisis. They need Healthcare workers like crazy and I decided to sign up for an 8 week assignment. If you don't hear from me then that is why. I'll try to keep popping in and out but I do not know if I'll get a chance to post. I'll see you guys soon tho.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:21 AM   #6850
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I watched a few seconds. But then I realized who it was and saw the description and realized it was a waste of time. If it's just 2 guys out paling around then why call it a "battle"? Call it "2 guys out driving their cars but not competing and not trying to beat each other".

Frankly, I am pissed that this dude not only got a GT500 first but now is one of the first to get a C8. I don't have any problem with people who are rich or have rich parents or were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Doesn't bother me one bit. WHat does bother me is when someone gets preferential treatment over the rest of us who are spending the same money and who in many cases put down huge-ass deposits for a C8 and putting our orders in while this silly boy was buying a GT500. That put a bad taste in my mouth. But it was ok because I figured I would still get a 2020. Now with this whole virus thing I am definitely not getting a 2020 MY and I probably won't get ANY C8 in 2020 at all unless I happen upon one at a dealership and buy it. If GM hadn't been busy playing favorites to fake stars and if they had given those of us who work hard for our money a fair shake then maybe I could have gotten mine. But no. So basically I just gave GM an interest free loan for a year and a half based on when I might get mine.

And I hate to bash GM. Everyone knows I'm a Camaro fanboy. But this is the kind of stuff that turns fans away. It was poor judgement. Because now I'm looking at things and my order just might get cancelled for something else...maybe a M5. Anyway, sorry to rain on the parade.

BTW you guys might not hear from me for a while as I will be taking an assignment in NY to help out with the crisis. They need Healthcare workers like crazy and I decided to sign up for an 8 week assignment. If you don't hear from me then that is why. I'll try to keep popping in and out but I do not know if I'll get a chance to post. I'll see you guys soon tho.
Thanks for your service. Please be careful during this mess.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:25 AM   #6851
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
https://youtu.be/GUjI2jnhSDo
Kinda interesting especially since he has a 500 also
I though it was pretty interesting. He spent a lot of time following the GT3 and kept up pretty well. Even after he had to waste a lot of time trying to get around a slow moving Civic and a BMW that was doing I don’t know what, he was able to catch up and eventually pass the GT3.

Had a few sections where he was in the 130-138 range. Pretty impressive session.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 04-06-2020, 06:20 AM   #6852
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
I though it was pretty interesting. He spent a lot of time following the GT3 and kept up pretty well. Even after he had to waste a lot of time trying to get around a slow moving Civic and a BMW that was doing I don’t know what, he was able to catch up and eventually pass the GT3.

Had a few sections where he was in the 130-138 range. Pretty impressive session.
Remember when he did the same thing against a gt3 in his GT500 a few videos ago? Starting to wonder if this is just a stunt he pulls with a gt3 buddy to get views...
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #6853
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Remember when he did the same thing against a gt3 in his GT500 a few videos ago? Starting to wonder if this is just a stunt he pulls with a gt3 buddy to get views...
Vaguely. If I recall though, wasn’t that GT3 white? I’ll have to go back and look at that video again when I get time. Even if it is white, seeing as how he has a GT350R, a GT500, a C8, and a CFTP on order it wouldn’t be out of the norm for his next door neighbor to have multiple GT3s.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:56 AM   #6854
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Thanks for your service. Please be careful during this mess.
Thank you. My rant was more out of being a bit tired and frustrated with all that is going on lately. I'm a bit on edge. But I am looking forward to my next assignment!!
Quote:
It is quite possible that those are his cars. Or maybe the cars are in someone else's name (like his parents or something). And I do think that most of these guys stage these videos. Him especially. When he gets caught in a lie the videos suddenly vanish. Convenient. So I don't watch any of his videos. Like I said, more power to him for having awesome cars regardless of how he acquired them. But I do not like when preferential treatment is given to someone and especially over me. If I do cancel my order it will be over general principle more than anything else.

Anyway I do not think the C8 Base or Z51 will beat a GT3. I think it would struggle just to keep up. This is a bad match for the C8. I think he was told not to actually race the cars which is why this wasn't really a "race" but a pointless drive video. When you get to a status level like he is on you get lots of stipulations. Like, "hey, we'll make sure you get one of these cars before anyone else but just make sure you don't do anything to make us look bad". I mean, one minute this child claims he never took a car to the track before yet he runs a 10.6 out of a GT500. Next minute he has a C8 and a GT3 side by side but they aren't really "racing"...they're just showcasing the cars. Right...company man. Sooner or later someone who isn't under any such restrictions will have these cars and will actually race them and post the results so we can see how they stack up instead of these bullshit YT famous divas just posting stupid nonsense for views.

Regardless of how it measures up to a GT3, I still want mine.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #6855
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:

Stay safe up there
Quote:
I think you are right with this, they are all clickbait.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #6856
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Picked up mine last week and can't wait for the pandemic to subside and everything to get back to normal. My 17" drag pack rears don't fit but the fronts do, so I'll be looking for a 18" DR setup soon. C8 stock and bolt-on Fast List....here I come !!! #BowtiePowahName:  received_269654010708360.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  142.2 KB

Name:  20200402_190411.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  178.3 KB
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #6857
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Be safe Blaq and thanks for stepping up. The hospital near me put this by the employee parking lot.
Name:  1DC44E39-2ED1-470A-9779-657C3B619556.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  251.7 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #6858
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Picked up mine last week and can't wait for the pandemic to subside and everything to get back to normal. My 17" drag pack rears don't fit but the fronts do, so I'll be looking for a 18" DR setup soon. C8 stock and bolt-on Fast List....here I come !!! #BowtiePowahAttachment 1026499

Attachment 1026500
Sweet! White with those rims looks stunning.

My dream build is the same but with cloth competition seats
Name:  765F5062-1D73-4820-9DC7-40F233349B05.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  77.6 KB
Name:  24EAF5C6-9A28-484F-9C0F-26FCB3F8F5E5.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  63.7 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #6859
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Vaguely. If I recall though, wasn’t that GT3 white? I’ll have to go back and look at that video again when I get time. Even if it is white, seeing as how he has a GT350R, a GT500, a C8, and a CFTP on order it wouldn’t be out of the norm for his next door neighbor to have multiple GT3s.
Haha! Right?

The gt3 he beat with the GT500 was purple, so different car, but MAYBE both are buddies.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #6860
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Picked up mine last week and can't wait for the pandemic to subside and everything to get back to normal. My 17" drag pack rears don't fit but the fronts do, so I'll be looking for a 18" DR setup soon. C8 stock and bolt-on Fast List....here I come !!! #BowtiePowahAttachment 1026499

Attachment 1026500
Beautiful!