Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 04-01-2020, 07:24 PM   #1
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Does anyone paint the valve cover, covers???

I see TONS of people (and vendors) who paint plenum covers and fuel rail covers, but I haven't seen a single picture of anyone who has painted the valve cover/coil covers. They're not quite as visible as the others, but they're still right there, very visible. I would thinking painting them would be a no brainer. Hmmmm....

Perhaps I will be the first.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:15 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
These look good in red.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541018

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:16 PM   #3
Abubaca

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking. Same color too, but on my LT1, not LT4.

Thanks! ...guess I'm not the first!
Old 04-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #4
Trochoidal

You’re welcome.

Your post is the first one I read discussing this idea. I like the fact you brought it up. It will be a good “stay-at-home” project. Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 04-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #5
Abubaca

My "CAMARO" letters were flaking, so i pulled the covers to fix, when I started looking at the coil covers. They're off now too, lol. We'll see what I come up with. I really prefer subtle, but it's almost ALL black in there, so I'd loke to do something. I'm not 100% sure what color to paint yet. Red Hot is an easy choice, but maybe some sort of grey, silver, etc. etc.......we'll see.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:10 PM   #6
Trochoidal

I’m going to buy a few colors of colored electrical tap and get an idea of the contrast but since you started this I’m really leaning towards hugger orange as a first choice.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:19 AM   #7
Abubaca

Quote:
I’m really leaning towards hugger orange as a first choice.

Yup, I thought that too!!! .....and I like your idea of taping/testing. I was trying to figure out a good way to test. ...as for the Orange, it doesn't quite look as good since back when they stopped doing all black engine bays. By painting them body color, there's SOOO much more color. Red in my case. The Orange looks more out of place than it did in the 60's and 70's. Still, love the throwback idea. I ran orange valve covers on my TPI engine in my Bright Red Iroc for a little while. There was just too much red and it didn't look right.

I used to love the old COPO's where no matter the color, you got an orange engine with a blue bowtie! -I've considered blue bowties too, lol
Old 04-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #8
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
As an old fart who really appreciated seeing a bad ass engine appearance when the hood was open, the plastic engine covers are pretty disappointing. If you're as silly as me you can get a new intake manifold and Katech valve covers and coil relocate to make it look more bad ass. If you're as silly as me!
Old 04-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #9
Abubaca

Quote:
As an old fart who really appreciated seeing a bad ass engine appearance when the hood was open, the plastic engine covers are pretty disappointing. If you're as silly as me you can get a new intake manifold and Katech valve covers and coil relocate to make it look more bad ass. If you're as silly as me!
Oh I've been known to be pretty silly!!!! -and I did price out those Katech cover. EEEOWW!!! Little pricey, for a cosmetic mod, but if you have the means I certainly understand it. Maybe someday!
Do you have pictures? I'd love to see em.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #10
Abubaca

Update....bought some satin red paint, but was NOT happy with the hue. I'm gonna place an order for a different color.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:55 AM   #11
Sweet *SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
I painted mine.....Name:  2EC020C6-B4AA-43FC-B983-0E4CFEC3D447.jpeg
Views: 854
Size:  112.9 KB
Tinted windows, carbon fiber skirts, carbon fiber splitter, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber spoiler, graphite rims, lowered springs, painted engine accessories, painted caps in engine bay, solid works exhaust, AFE cold air intake, custom painted led side marker lights, removed flowtie from bumper, custom painted bumper, painted mud flaps, aluminum paddle shifters, aluminum accents on interior. Carbon fiber diffuser on order.
Sweet *SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #12
Abubaca

Thanks for posting that pic. It looks pretty good! You've obviously done a little custom work under the hood.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #13
Sweet *SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Thanks......yes I’m changing the dipstick and I think I’m going to paint the intake pipe blue as well.
Tinted windows, carbon fiber skirts, carbon fiber splitter, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber spoiler, graphite rims, lowered springs, painted engine accessories, painted caps in engine bay, solid works exhaust, AFE cold air intake, custom painted led side marker lights, removed flowtie from bumper, custom painted bumper, painted mud flaps, aluminum paddle shifters, aluminum accents on interior. Carbon fiber diffuser on order.
Sweet *SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #14
Abubaca

Quote:
I’m going to paint the intake pipe blue as well.

I'm with you on the dipstick. My personal thoughts on the intake? -I'd leave it black. Color matching parts walks a fine line between gorgeous and tacky. I think once you change the dipstick, it'll be about perfect.