Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-24-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
2019 SS 1LE vs 2019 BMW M2 Competition

First time at this track and 2nd track day in 1LE.

BMW M2 Comp chase begins at min (4:30) followed by a Mustang at min (8:00) and I close in at min (10:17).
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Cool video!

With all the Camaro Track options I think the SS 1LE is the best Camaro choice. It is a mostly confortable driver and is not crazy with power. But really lets you explore your limits at a less than professional level.

If you go all 9/10ths in a ZL1 or ZLE you better KNOW what you are doing. And the slower and lighter SS will not chew up as much cash per lap.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Agreed. The threshold between awesomeness and disaster is thinner on the Zs. GM does a great job of reining in these cars even with high HP. But it seems like the ZL1 loves to dance right on the line a little more. I'm usually impressed, exhilarated, and scared as hell all at the same time.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
First time at this track and 2nd track day in 1LE.

BMW M2 Comp chase begins at min (4:30) followed by a Mustang at min (8:00) and I close in at min (10:17).
Nice, the M2 comp is the only BMW I'm still interested in (after owning a few different M3/4s). It would be fun, but the S55 is pretty peaky motor at the wrong times for my liking/from my experience. I much rather prefer the LT1 and obviously the LT4 for track use.

But, if just using it as a street car and occasional hooning the M2 Comp would be a blast I think.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #5
LESS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Cool video!

With all the Camaro Track options I think the SS 1LE is the best Camaro choice. It is a mostly confortable driver and is not crazy with power. But really lets you explore your limits at a less than professional level.

If you go all 9/10ths in a ZL1 or ZLE you better KNOW what you are doing. And the slower and lighter SS will not chew up as much cash per lap.
Thanks. I agree SS 1LE is a good way to get into the faster and higher HP track specific cars without making too large of a power Jump. In my case, I went from a lightly modded C5 Z06. I did drive a ZLE and what a car, but I knew it was too much of a power jump and I'd end up in trouble so I went this route instead. Sort of like training wheels! If you could call 455HP a beginners car in the first place. Targeting ZLE or C8 in the future when my 1LE gets slow.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:47 PM   #6
LESS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Agreed. The threshold between awesomeness and disaster is thinner on the Zs. GM does a great job of reining in these cars even with high HP. But it seems like the ZL1 loves to dance right on the line a little more. I'm usually impressed, exhilarated, and scared as hell all at the same time.
What he said!!!
Old 02-25-2020, 08:50 PM   #7
LESS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Nice, the M2 comp is the only BMW I'm still interested in (after owning a few different M3/4s). It would be fun, but the S55 is pretty peaky motor at the wrong times for my liking/from my experience. I much rather prefer the LT1 and obviously the LT4 for track use.

But, if just using it as a street car and occasional hooning the M2 Comp would be a blast I think.
Can't go wrong, either way, both are fantastic cars. I had M2 Comp on my list of cars. What sold me on SS 1LE in order of priority was eLSD, PDR, Track Warranty and lower cost. I knew this would not be my streetcar so I was completely fine giving up the technology and comfort features for more of a track-focused car.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:06 AM   #8
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

R&T already did a H2H of the Camaro SS1LE VS the BMW M2 Comp and the best performance was by the SS1LE. Also MT did one of the base Camaro SS Vs the BMW M4, and the SS was the winner. The great "Alpha platform", combined with the LT1 V8 are a great combination for the track.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...camaro-ss-1le/
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...let-camaro-ss/
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:36 AM   #9
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
R&T already did a H2H of the Camaro SS1LE VS the BMW M2 Comp and the best performance was by the SS1LE. Also MT did one of the base Camaro SS Vs the BMW M4, and the SS was the winner. The great "Alpha platform", combined with the LT1 V8 are a great combination for the track.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...camaro-ss-1le/
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...let-camaro-ss/
Ah so my New LT1 would also best the BMW M4 at 1/2 the price!