Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #43
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Not impressed by the GT500 at all. 265hp more and pretty meh

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #44
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
Not impressed by the GT500 at all. 265hp more and pretty meh
The more tests and data that come out, seems it won't be all that special or fast when not on a prepped surface, so I am with ya. I have said this before, its just an inferior chassis with a ton of HP thrown at it. More HP than it can do anything with on the streets, great for people who go to the drag strip though, amazing in fact!
Old 01-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #45
RageWorx

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 Camaro with MRC and NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
The more tests and data that come out, seems it won't be all that special or fast when not on a prepped surface, so I am with ya. I have said this before, its just an inferior chassis with a ton of HP thrown at it. More HP than it can do anything with on the streets, great for people who go to the drag strip though, amazing in fact!
Unfortunately so far since these 2020 GT500s have begun the mod game the results aren't showing for the power at the strip either (DCT/Clutch and Heat/IAT issues big surprise Hi GTR crowd)... and even stock 2020 GT500s are already having clutch overheating issues at the drag strip (ala Speed Phenom who they hate now again lol) ... the fan bois response to that now is "why would you bother to bring such a work of Art to a drag strip ewwww rednecks lol" when before they hit the streets those same fan bois were all "the GT500 will runs 9s with a tune and tire ... Venom kills Demons!!".

LOL which is it this is getting funny. Reminds me of the days of the MKIV Supras .... Whats the difference between a 1000 hp Supra and a BPU Supra? None as they both run 12s LOL (I am actually a Supra fan also so just playing).

Either way I LOVE the Predator engine in this new GT500 definitely a Monster power plant making sick power! .... but the rest of the 80K/100k+ Mustang platform and chassis not so much.

But as they Fan Bois say .... If your not buying one then you have no right to comment on such a crowning achievement of automotive excellence LOL.

I am buying another sports car but they are correct it will not be a new GT500 so I wish them the best with their trails and tribulations which I'm sure will be rough on them.

-Jon
2016 HB Camaro 1SS A8 with MRC and NPP 398rwhp/389tq stock #s(11.84 @ 117 DR only, ECS boost 550rwhp/510tq (dynapack #s) , same boost + AEM water/meth + ARH Headers/mids 600 rwhp+ (dynojet #s) TTP)10.8 @ 129.
2020 Ford Explorer
2003 SVT Cobra Coupe (just your average KB Terminator Cobra).
2013 Focus ST (e30 Tuned).
2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins Dually 6 spd manual (tow rig).
1997 Jeep Cherokee (Lifted and Locked XJ off-road rig).
RageWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #46
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageWorx View Post
Unfortunately so far since these 2020 GT500s have begun the mod game the results aren't showing for the power at the strip either (DCT/Clutch and Heat/IAT issues big surprise Hi GTR crowd)... and even stock 2020 GT500s are already having clutch overheating issues at the drag strip (ala Speed Phenom who they hate now again lol) ... the fan bois response to that now is "why would you bother to bring such a work of Art to a drag strip ewwww rednecks lol" when before they hit the streets those same fan bois were all "the GT500 will runs 9s with a tune and tire ... Venom kills Demons!!".

LOL which is it this is getting funny. Reminds me of the days of the MKIV Supras .... Whats the difference between a 1000 hp Supra and a BPU Supra? None as they both run 12s LOL (I am actually a Supra fan also so just playing).

Either way I LOVE the Predator engine in this new GT500 definitely a Monster power plant making sick power! .... but the rest of the 80K/100k+ Mustang platform and chassis not so much.

But as they Fan Bois say .... If your not buying one then you have no right to comment on such a crowning achievement of automotive excellence LOL.

I am buying another sports car but they are correct it will not be a new GT500 so I wish them the best with their trails and tribulations which I'm sure will be rough on them.

-Jon
Well said Jon. The Predator is awesome, I love it too!! Its just got a turd wrapped around it LOL. I did take a trip over there to Fanboi Land, and honestly couldn't believe when I saw them say that, as well as other shocking claims and cowboy science and ricer math. Its crazy over there, so much so that I feel bad for the normal guys not having a sane forum to frequent.

I am interested to see the forthcoming Vs results, but like you I am not a buyer. I dont think Ford has done enough with the S550 to earn my coin, not at new Shelby prices anyway.