Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-26-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
EdTheEnthusiast

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2LT v6
Are CARID products good quality for Camaro?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about CARID.com and their products that they sell online. I have been looking to purchase a 6th gen ZL1 front bumper rs conversion, a ZL1 carbon fiber good and possibly a spoiler and some rims that I would like to buy in the near future to possibly do a ZL1 conversion on my RS.

Looking online I have noticed that CARID has a few of the parts for cheaper prices compared to other sites such as Ikon motorsports and Phastek performance, which is great because I don't want to spend a lot of money on cosmetic modifications.

Has anyone ordered from CARID and how is the quality of the parts that they ordered? Has anyone had problems with the parts? Are the parts more similar to OEM parts?

Thank you very much for any help that you may provide!
EdTheEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
Arugon

Drives: Summit White Camaro SS
CARID is a very reputable vendor, one of the largest for aftermarket parts since they don't specialize for just one brand of car. I've ordered a few things from them with zero issues. Think of them as kind of an Amazon for aftermarket car parts.

It really depends on what you are buying, they sell every brand of product from Eibach to Brembo to Duraflex. It really just depends on the part you are buying. They're simply selling you another company's products, typically for a very good price. The items they sell are not manufactured or produced in house.

Last edited by Arugon; 05-26-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Arugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
EdTheEnthusiast

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2LT v6
Thank you very much for the explanation! Really appreciate it and it definitely cleared things up for me!
EdTheEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
they are horrible to deal with and if you have a problem with them good luck getting your money back btw
Old 08-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
No problem, I've ordered several things for the Camaro from car ID.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

i used to deal with them at my old work and 99% of people that work there are overseas based russian people that dont know shit about cars lol

i wouldnt buy from them but be carefull
Old 08-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
According to the New Jersey BBB "Onyx Enterprises" owns MOTORCYCLEiD.com, POWERSPORTSiD.com, BOATiD.com, CARiD.com, TRUCKiD.com, CAMPERiD.com, RECREATIONiD.com, and TOOLSiD.com. The NJ BBB gives them a 3.7 rating. If you search the internet you will find various good and bad reviews.

I contacted them a while back about buying wheels that were out of stock. Their customer support people were pleasant enough to deal with and answered my questions. I asked when the wheels would be back in stock and was told they would check and call me back... but I never got that call. Not a terrible experience but that is all I know about them. I ended up buying the wheels from another vendor at a lower price.

I always recommend using a credit card when buying from any internet vendor so you have options if you have problem down the road.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #8
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
According to the New Jersey BBB "Onyx Enterprises" owns MOTORCYCLEiD.com, POWERSPORTSiD.com, BOATiD.com, CARiD.com, TRUCKiD.com, CAMPERiD.com, RECREATIONiD.com, and TOOLSiD.com. The NJ BBB gives them a 3.7 rating. If you search the internet you will find various good and bad reviews.

I contacted them a while back about buying wheels that were out of stock. Their customer support people were pleasant enough to deal with and answered my questions. I asked when the wheels would be back in stock and was told they would check and call me back... but I never got that call. Not a terrible experience but that is all I know about them. I ended up buying the wheels from another vendor at a lower price.

I always recommend using a credit card when buying from any internet vendor so you have options if you have problem down the road.

Yup onyx is the actual company car id is the websites and they have a TON of them lol