Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-27-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Drop off in power

I am wondering if this is just my car, or do they all do this...

Looking at my head up display and my analog tach, I see a redline of 6500 rpm for my ZL1.

Yet, under hard acceleration in 2nd gear (I have the manual) I get a rather abrupt drop off of power at 5500 rpm. Like hitting a rev limiter.

Is that what is happening? Why would there be a rev limiter 1000 RPM before redline?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Today is really the first time I have hammered her hard now that I have changed the oil a second time and I have changed the diff fluid.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I am wondering if this is just my car, or do they all do this...

Looking at my head up display and my analog tach, I see a redline of 6500 rpm for my ZL1.

Yet, under hard acceleration in 2nd gear (I have the manual) I get a rather abrupt drop off of power at 5500 rpm. Like hitting a rev limiter.

Is that what is happening? Why would there be a rev limiter 1000 RPM before redline?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Today is really the first time I have hammered her hard now that I have changed the oil a second time and I have changed the diff fluid.

Haha I made the exact same thread here this morning. My car does the exact same thing. Glad to hear it's not just my car.
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
17RHZL1

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1, MXO NAV PDR
There was a previous thread on this I believe, it had to do with resting your foot on the clutch pedal. Try it with your foot completely off the pedal.
17RHZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Do you leave your foot on the clutch at all when doing these pulls? Apparently there is a safety feature that is very sensitive to where if the clutch pedal is pushed in ever so slightly, it pulls power at around 5500 RPM.

While the other person experiencing the same has the A10, I know with the M6's having the light pressure on the clutch pedal from resting your foot on it between shifts can cause this issue.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Yes I had this same problem in mine and would cut out about 5000 rpm or so. Saw the thread about resting your foot on the clutch pedal. If you do this the computer will cut power around this rpm. Tried it without my foot completely off the clutch and would work like a charm and climb to 6500 or whatever rpm you want.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #6
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Thanks for the info. I will try this tomorrow.

I am fairly sure my left foot was resting on the clutch pedal.