Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 08-08-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
tbears13

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro SS
Electrical issues 2016 2SS

Hello! I am looking to see if anyone else has had electrical issues with their 2016 camaro 2ss. Mine now has been towed 5 times for the same issue.

While driving, all of a sudden my horsepower drops off, the power steering goes out, all the lights on my dash comes on and the car starts beeping. Once I turn it off, it wont start back, but all the electronics will stay on. Also, it has been through 3 batteries since Sept. 2016. I am about at my end with this. The dealership has now replaced the negative battery cable, which didn't work and today they let me know they were replacing the BCM. The issue with that is, they checked the BCM in June and it was fine.

If anyone has had these same issues, please please let me know!
Thank you!

Last edited by tbears13; 08-09-2017 at 04:05 PM.
tbears13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #2
Camaro_7888

Drives: .
It's been at the Dealership 5 times for the same issue and it still isn't fixed? I would have Lemon Law'd that so quick.
Camaro_7888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:41 AM   #3
tbears13

Well, that was where we were at... We had talked to GM corporate and the dealership regarding the issue. I told them we would be seeking legal representation. They asked for 1 last chance to fix it and we agreed. I custom ordered the car, so I'd really like it fixed.. However, I'm not sure that is going to be possible at this point. They are just replacing electrical components as a process of elimination.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #4
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
Holy yikes! That sounds like a flaky ground somewhere.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #5
tbears13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
That's what I'm thinking! I'm giving them a little rope to see where it goes, but I will draw the line at taking the car apart for the wiring harness. It already qualifies for the lemon law but I really wanted my car fixed since I custom ordered it. I don't think that is going to happen tho.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Possibly a bad junction/connection in the harness. If they cannot fix it within the next 2 visits lemon law it. Problems like this may never go away or they may have to replace the main harness.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #7
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbears13 View Post
Hello! I am looking to see if anyone else has had electrical issues with their 2016 camaro 2ss. Mine now has been town 5 times for the same issue.

While driving, all of a sudden my horsepower drops off, the power steering goes out, all the lights on my dash comes on and the car starts beeping. Once I turn it off, it wont start back, but all the electronics will stay on. Also, it has been through 3 batteries since Sept. 2016. I am about at my end with this. The dealership has no replaced the negative battery cable, which didn't work and today they let me know they were replacing the BCM. The issue with that is, they checked the BCM in June and it was fine.

If anyone has had these same issues, please please let me know!
Thank you!
Quote:
Well, that was where we were at... We had talked to GM corporate and the dealership regarding the issue. I told them we would be seeking legal representation. They asked for 1 last chance to fix it and we agreed. I custom ordered the car, so I'd really like it fixed.. However, I'm not sure that is going to be possible at this point. They are just replacing electrical components as a process of elimination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
Sounds like the monkeys at your dealer wouldn't know a volt meter from a gas cap. Definitely a flaky ground. If they had taken the time and had the skill to check for it in the first place you'd be motoring happily in your Camaro right now without even coming close to thinking about the lemon laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Possibly a bad junction/connection in the harness. If they cannot fix it within the next 2 visits lemon law it. Problems like this may never go away or they may have to replace the main harness.
Need an experienced tech with skill and patience to troubleshoot. They have been shot gunning parts for your car. They need to troubleshoot.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:02 PM   #8
tbears13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Sounds like the monkeys at your dealer wouldn't know a volt meter from a gas cap. Definitely a flaky ground. If they had taken the time and had the skill to check for it in the first place you'd be motoring happily in your Camaro right now without even coming close to thinking about the lemon laws.

Need an experienced tech with skill and patience to troubleshoot. They have been shot gunning parts for your car. They need to troubleshoot.
I completely agree! I'm letting them go through their steps at this point, but when it comes down to the wiring harness, I'm gonna call it! I didn't buy a car that is assemble and reassemble as necessary! I don't feel comfortable with them having to take the car apart. I'm waiting to see what happens with the BCM. Should know this week. After that, I'm calling it and having them replace my car.. I hate it because 16 was the last year they offered the color I choose, but I'm not going to keep a car I can't depend on! Not after what I spent on it to have it custom ordered!!
Old 08-10-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
tbears13

So I got a text from the dealership today. They said they found the problem, there is an issue with the wiring harness. They didn't give specifics, just stated that and that my car is fixed. I'll update details when I pick my car up Monday. Fingers Crossed!!!
Old 08-10-2017, 06:48 PM   #10
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Omg how can you wait till Monday , I'd be so excited if they told me they finally fixednitn
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #11
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
Did you check the harness behind the belt?
I've read one post about an issue close to 5000 rpm....
May be not related but the harness was mounted with loose cable (opposite way)
And the belt was eating them pretty bad!
....leading to electrical issue
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #12
tbears13

Well, just thought I’d update this thread. My car broke down again with the same electrical issue. We had to start the process of the lemon law. Very sad it came to this... The dealership has been helping us and Thursday we got the call that GM is replacing my car. The only negative is I had to pick a new color because they don’t offer the blue velvet anymore. But at least I’m getting a replacement.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:32 PM   #13
JeffFox

Drives: 2018 2SS Coupe A8
thanks for the update

Quote:
Well, just thought I’d update this thread. My car broke down again with the same electrical issue. We had to start the process of the lemon law. Very sad it came to this... The dealership has been helping us and Thursday we got the call that GM is replacing my car. The only negative is I had to pick a new color because they don’t offer the blue velvet anymore. But at least I’m getting a replacement.
enjoy the new camaro
JeffFox is offline   Reply With Quote