Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #57
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc54 View Post
I swear I can feel it too. In track mode it feels like the clutch doesn’t grab until the last 10% of pedal travel. Sport is like 30% and touring feels like 50% to me. Maybe it is the different throttle response but it doesn’t feel like it
Hmmm I will have to test this tonight.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:43 PM   #58
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSHIFT View Post
I find tour the best.. I hate the artificial weights to electric steering racks. No MRC so can't comment on that. NPP fuse pull is loud all the time.
Hate to break it to you but there is no artificial weight to the steering in sport and track mode. It's actual weight. The only thing artificial is the electric assist which is present in all modes to some degree, but mostly in tour.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #59
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingchunsifu View Post
I prefer the steering locked/set in Tour mode. Artificial stiffness in the steering is a hinder not a help. I leave the NPP and the MRI synchronized. The whole point of getting the NPP exhaust is to be able to vary the sound. Just like your mood. sometimes you want to purr not growl. If you're one of those guys who go around screaming all the time flashing your bling, then stay on Track/snarl mode. And since my AFM is tuned off the car runs better in any mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Hate to break it to you but there is no artificial weight to the steering in sport and track mode. It's actual weight. The only thing artificial is the electric assist which is present in all modes to some degree, but mostly in tour.
This! To me, the Touring mode steering feels overly assisted. Makes the car harder to control precisely at higher speeds (highway and above or in the twisties). Track mode steering is a bit too heavy for my everyday driving, but feels just right when I’m pushing the car. Any lighter feel to the steering under those conditions lowers my steering precision and my confidence in being able to maximize handling. I tend to stay in Sport mode most of the time lately.

My two cents...

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #60
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
Can’t seem to feel the difference. Anybody know?
Didn't see you get an answer yet.

If you just press twice, the stability control will still kick in at the extreme limit. I use this mode for the track. It'll let the rear end of the car drift out a good 20* or so, but then kicks in. Basically, it won't interfere if you've just gotten a little out of shape but still can salvage some speed in the corner.

If you hold it down, it turns all the way off. As in "go do donuts" all the way off.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:27 AM   #61
Nifty50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I'm new at this. About driving modes, can I switch from touring to sport or track mode while driving or only when I start the car?
Nifty50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:54 PM   #62
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
I'm new at this. About driving modes, can I switch from touring to sport or track mode while driving or only when I start the car?

You can switch modes any time you want. Takes about 0.5-1 sec to apply the changes.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:27 PM   #63
Kyruss55

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
2018 Camaro 1SS Manual mode impressions

I drive a bunch on the highway and here is how I feel about the modes in a manual car just as far as engine and clutch goes.

Touring - Hard to upset the clutch and easy driving. Engine hangs longer between shifts and the car seems more compliant to downshifts without stabbing the throttle. Acceleration pedal is not very sensitive. Very little engine braking. Up steep hills can stall without pedal input.

Sport - Clutch can get upset. Revs do not seem to hang when switching gears. Acceleration pedal is most sensitive. More engine braking than touring. Up steep hills does not want to stall.

Track - Clutch can also get upset here if you are careless. Revs hang about as long as sport. Acceleration pedal has a tip in, but past a certain point goes as strong as sport. Strongest engine braking (Great for bumper to bumper traffic every day). Up steep hills does not want to stall.

Snow/Ice - Clutch very hard to upset. Revs hang longer for slower shifting and hard to upset drive train. Acceleration pedal extremely low sensitivity. Low engine braking. Up steep hills can stall without pedal input.

For driving with someone who gets motion sickness(my wife) stick to touring. You don't really need rev-match enabled as the drive train is hard to upset. It's like the engine is more willing to cooperate with your shifting and acceleration. It's just an overall smoother drive.

If you want a punchy drive use sport mode. The car feels most responsive. Stabbing the throttle to downshift gives nice cracks (like a whip) if you have NPP Exhaust.

In traffic or for maximum handling use Track mode. I get excellent engine braking in this mode. When in traffic the car wants to smoothly accelerate due to the less sensitive tip in of the throttle. Up hills on the highway it doesn't stall and chugs along at 5 mph without throttle input. I rarely need to brake.
Note: if you use rev-match it will take 2-3 seconds for engine braking to start vs stabbing the throttle with Rev match off.
Kyruss55 is offline   Reply With Quote