Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-24-2017, 05:45 PM   #1
squids4daddy

Drives: ZL1 2014
A little OT, but need interior help on a small thing

I found this geegaw at Best Buy that's perfect. It's got a male plug that goes into the cigarette lighter and a box with 2 cigarette lighters and a USB port. Perfect because it let's me put the smartphone on one post to charge, the ipod into the USB port to charge, and the radar detector in the second post.

My original strategy was to attach the box with velcro on the passenger side right beneath the middle console. It would be right to the left side of the passengers left knee.

The problem is....the absolute moon-shoot star trek grade friction free glue proof plastic surface the hard plastic surfaces are made from. I'm using 2 sided 3M truck tape that, up to now, sticks to EVERYTHING. Falls right off. What sticks to this plastic? If I have to, I'll very neatly put on a steel plate using riv-nuts and screws. But I really want to avoid that. Thoughts?
squids4daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Wire tie it up under the dash, the wires from your accessories should be long enough to reach it. That way you will not have to see it all the time, worry about your passengers knocking into it with their knees, etc... It also makes it removable if needed and not leaving behind screw holes.

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote