Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #1
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Detailer ruined my car please support my video

This sums up! The car is badly damaged 1k miles and the exterior coating was never even done right besides two tries I am trading her in

Last edited by formoutofchaos; 03-14-2017 at 02:35 PM.
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #2
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Even know it's hard to clearly see in the video all the damage, I did see some and would not be happy, maybe glen will chime in, not sure of this coating you had applied but am wondering if a few washes in dawn will help remove it and then followed by polishing, if the damage is not under the clear coat then there is possibly hope in fixing this.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Hindsight is cheap, but I was thinking of doing something like you did. Makes me think I might use the dealer now if I run into al problem like you did.

Hopefully that company will fix your problem that they caused. Good Luck

On a side note go to your local News channel they love picking up stuff like this.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Powedercoat them anthracite with clear powedercoat.....set less than 600 for all 4. These Wheels were going to chip anyway in a year or two,because they are painted. The serum is not much issue........

Life's too short to go to war, legally any more.......IMO
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #5
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Such a beautiful Camaro. Hope you find justice.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
ParkerAS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
I definitely don't have the eye for this sort of things, but I personally wouldn't use the term ruined. That's not to discredit your point or the job you day they did. I do however see the alcantara looks like it doesn't feel like it should. Hope you get the results you're looking for though.
Delivered: 4/4/16
ParkerAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:21 PM   #7
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Exterior should all be correctable, it's just a coating. DA polisher will remove the coating and marring/swirls no problem. I don't have much experience with alcantara, but I've heard it can mat overtime but be brought to life again with a brushing. I can't speak on the interior discoloration and stuff, but it seems like the exterior should easily be fixable.

It looks like the coating was applied without prepping the paint properly. I'm wondering if those water marks are under the coating. Swirls definitely shouldn't be there if it was all corrected before coating.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #8
formoutofchaos

Interior is the main issue it's stained if you get to the end of the video I zoom in on pics stained and smears everywhere exterior you would also have to realize you shouldn't have to get water spots after one wash the coating should protect it . I just can't deal w a car this changed in 1k miles four other detailers agree the stains on the tail and residue all into the paint yes can be corrected I agree but it's been done twice already interior cant be cleaned off
Old 03-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #9
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
I detail cars as a hobby and do quite a few coatings. I agree the job they did on your car is not good, to put it nicely. I use a lot of Gtechniq products, including Crysal Serum Light. I can't get Crystal Serum because I'm not an authorized Gtechniq installer. Their products are top notch. I don't think Gtechniq is the problem in this case. Did they send you back to the same company to have the car recoated?? I've actually never known them to do a car personally.
The water spots your right, you won't get them from rain. You will get them from well or city water. They should wipe right off with a quick detailer. If you didn't touch the car with any wash media or towel obviously you couldn't have scratched it, which tells me the scratches were there when they coated the car.
Have you contacted Gtechniq since the car was recoated?
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:30 PM   #10
SFG28

Drives: 2016 White Camaro 2SS
Yea thats a shitty job. A good polishing will remove the coating. Dont blame the product blame the people that applied it. If you need help finding a new coating i recommend Adams polishes paint coating works very well easy to apply you'll love it. Show them your video and they'll help you out.
SFG28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #11
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFG28 View Post
Yea thats a shitty job. A good polishing will remove the coating. Dont blame the product blame the people that applied it. If you need help finding a new coating i recommend Adams polishes paint coating works very well easy to apply you'll love it. Show them your video and they'll help you out.
+1

Call Adams polishes and talk to one of the detailers there. Ask questions you may be surprised at what you may learn.
I have gone on Adams forum and was surprised at what can be fixed.

Good luck!
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #12
SFG28

Drives: 2016 White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Jewel RS View Post
+1

Call Adams polishes and talk to one of the detailers there. Ask questions you may be surprised at what you may learn.
I have gone on Adams forum and was surprised at what can be fixed.

Good luck!
yea def call them. Talk to Matt Butcher he's the man, he will be more than happy to help you out.
SFG28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #13
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Man, I am so sorry to hear this. You were so enjoying your road racing and I loved your videos. I know you will be back on the track soon with something. I look forward to more videos.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:22 PM   #14
formoutofchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
I detail cars as a hobby and do quite a few coatings. I agree the job they did on your car is not good, to put it nicely. I use a lot of Gtechniq products, including Crysal Serum Light. I can't get Crystal Serum because I'm not an authorized Gtechniq installer. Their products are top notch. I don't think Gtechniq is the problem in this case. Did they send you back to the same company to have the car recoated?? I've actually never known them to do a car personally.
The water spots your right, you won't get them from rain. You will get them from well or city water. They should wipe right off with a quick detailer. If you didn't touch the car with any wash media or towel obviously you couldn't have scratched it, which tells me the scratches were there when they coated the car.
Have you contacted Gtechniq since the car was recoated?
Same company again they are all working together I think they have a distribution deal together and use cut rate formulas like water distribution wn the paint correction was horrible to

I used quick detailer for an hr and that's left over so btw a horrible job per ten detailers