Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #15
Frisbey

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Nightfall Grey
Interesting reading everyone’s techniques.

Wash: Meguires wash and wax car wash, with dedicated clean soft microfiber mitt.

Wheels: dedicated microfiber mitt and Adams wheel woolies, if you don’t own them, buy them!

Dry: Dewalt cordless car blower and 2 batteries, if you’re not using a cordless blower, you’re missing out! The sealers and/or wax easily last a year if not drying with a towel

Tires: Meguires tire gel, great stuff.

Wax: Meguires Professional, use gloves or your hands will turn yellow, btw, don’t use it on coatings like expel.

In between washes, Meguires ultimate detailer, but only if there is no dust on the car.

This last one will sound ridiculous, but here goes,
Windows: “what a pain” I’ve tried everything, windex, glass sheets you name it.
One day I accidentally had some detailer overspray on the window and I thought, crud, now I’ve got to strip it off, surprisingly, it cleaned the window, no streaks, no wax build up, nothing! Try it with a microfiber cloth on the inside and out side, you’ll be a believer
2000 - 02/06/18 | 4300 - 02/20/18 Built
3000 - 02/07/18 | 5000 - 03/08/18 At Dealer
3100 - 02/09/18 | Delivered
Frisbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #16
legendary70

Drives: 2017 Camaro
im going to try that brilliant gaze. YES the rear inside sucks to clean....hahah
Old 03-10-2020, 05:18 PM   #17
legendary70

One day I accidentally had some detailer overspray on the window and I thought, crud, now I’ve got to strip it off, surprisingly, it cleaned the window, no streaks, no wax build up, nothing! Try it with a microfiber cloth on the inside and out side, you’ll be a believer

Would that be any detailer spray? which one were you using at the time of miracle?

What do yall think about using the absorber for drying?

If not an absorber will the plush micro cloths i am using good?

or

what about a lawn gas blower?

thx
Old 03-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #18
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
I use mostly Meguiars stuff, and mostly the ultimate line. Wash Wax Tire stuff interior cleaner Etc. I keep like three different microfiber towels. I have one called the wooly mammoth it's a giant one that I use for drying, then I have smaller ones I go back and Polish it up with. Basically I use different Rags for everything and keep them all separate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary70 View Post
Hello.

I was wondering how everyone here cleans, dries and picks up car wash equipment?

Do yall wash microfiber cloths after each use?
Do yall keep window cleaner and fiber cloth together in a bag?
Same for armor all?
Detailing materials?

Any advice? Thx

Just want to be more efficient.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #19
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
Wash: Meguiar's Gold Class. Two-bucket method with grit guards. Adam's foam gun to soak.

Wash mitts: currently my favorite is a Cobra super plush chenille wash mitt, but I have several Cobra "bone" wash sponges. One wash, one sponge. Always wash in between.

Dry: Various waffle weave microfibers, only the best from Autogeek. A drying towel is done after a use. Again, I never re-use without washing. Lately I've been using my Ryobi 40v leaf blower to finish it off

Windows: sealed with the current flavor of the month (currently Wolfgang High Gloss Sealant. Have used Klasse SG in the past.) Sometimes I'll use a carnauba like S100 (P21S).

Trim: Mother's Back to Black or 303

I used to use detail spray in between washes, but now I'll only use it after a wash to clean up water spots or, rarely, in a pinch to get bird crap off. For detail spray I like anything Griot's garage makes, but lately have been using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash diluted with distilled water as a detail spray. Fantastic, and much more economical.

Wheels: regular wash with the mitt (after getting the body of the car, so as not to cross-contaminate.) Then scrub the barrels with the Gold class and my Speed Master wheel brush. I'll also hit the wheel wells with the Speed Master, mostly because it's the only thing I have that's flexible enough to get into that tight space.

Wheels get the same sealant as the car.

I wash every microfiber between uses and every sponge or wash mitt. Arm & hammer laundry detergent, warm water, gentle drying cycle. Sometimes with some vinegar thrown in. I'm not picky about separating my towels out based on use: if it hit the wheels, it goes in the same load as wax-removers. I think separating them out like that it just taking it a step too far.

I have various Cobra towels (gold, gray, purple), quite a few very old Sonus towels, and some from The Rag Company.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:48 PM   #20
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
This is the best investment you can make given all the cracks and crevices on this car. MetroVac Master Blaster.

I also use the four bucket method. Two for the rims. Two to wash the car. Different sponges
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 03-10-2020 at 07:18 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #21
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
but lately have been using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash diluted with distilled water as a detail spray. Fantastic, and much more economical.

This is what I now use too. Credit Pan the Organizer! Great stuff!!!
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:07 PM   #22
Yellow Beast
TD

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2014 Mercedes C300
I get a ceramic coat every year(not necessary every year though). When i wash my car i go to the touchless carwash, chemical guys micro fiber towel to wipe down all the water then spray Bead Maker on and wipe down with another micro fiber towel. The shine is mirror like. Heres the link to bead maker. The stuff is amazing and water beads right off.

https://www.amazon.com/Detailing-Pro...rds=bead+maker
Yellow Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:38 PM   #23
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
All of this is discussed at length in the Detailing subforum.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:41 PM   #24
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Rats, I guess I’m doing it all wrong.
Single Weathertech bucket with perf bottom. Good quality car wash soap (don’t care what brand). Weathertech synthetic chamois, followed by the leaf blower top from my shop vac. Followed by a good detail spray ( I think I’m using Meguiar’s now). About every 4th wash gets a quality spray on wax. Griot’s Garage tire black spray - that stuff is awesome and lasts forever. With this method the bugs come right off.

I even (gasp) use detail spray when I get to the car show.
Must be doing something right, the 3 year old paint still looks fabulous, no swirls, never seen a clay bar. I have two 2nd place car shows with a bone stock car, and get compliments on the paint all the time. <shrug>
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:38 PM   #25
Frisbey

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Nightfall Grey
Quote:

Would that be any detailer spray? which one were you using at the time of miracle?

what about a lawn gas blower?

thx
I use Meguires Ultimate Detailer

Some people do,use a gas leaf blower, but you risk exhaust being blown on your car, I’d stick with electric
2000 - 02/06/18 | 4300 - 02/20/18 Built
3000 - 02/07/18 | 5000 - 03/08/18 At Dealer
3100 - 02/09/18 | Delivered
Frisbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:42 PM   #26
legendary70

very informative guys. im going to try detail spray on the inside of windshield.........

Last edited by legendary70; 03-10-2020 at 10:43 PM. Reason: wrong
legendary70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:49 PM   #27
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
Rats, I guess I’m doing it all wrong.
Single Weathertech bucket with perf bottom. Good quality car wash soap (don’t care what brand). Weathertech synthetic chamois, followed by the leaf blower top from my shop vac. Followed by a good detail spray ( I think I’m using Meguiar’s now). About every 4th wash gets a quality spray on wax. Griot’s Garage tire black spray - that stuff is awesome and lasts forever. With this method the bugs come right off.

I even (gasp) use detail spray when I get to the car show.
Must be doing something right, the 3 year old paint still looks fabulous, no swirls, never seen a clay bar. I have two 2nd place car shows with a bone stock car, and get compliments on the paint all the time. <shrug>

It's not the products that matter, it's the technique. Some guys have all the latest and greatest products and tools and still have swirls.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:28 PM   #28
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
Quote:
very informative guys. im going to try detail spray on the inside of windshield.........
If the detail spray doesn't work, try a glass polish like Wolfgang Perfekt Vision.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote