Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-20-2020, 08:59 AM   #1
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Camaro “Road Trip” thread. Share your adventures.

Me first!

Wife & I started out on our first leg yesterday in the ZL1, a 200 mile leg from NW WI to Wausau. Managed to slip through 3 speed traps unscathed. She started drinking Wisconsibly, but managed to only have to stop once, which is quite good for her. Kids used her bladder for a soccer ball...

Love the extra power & road manners of the new ride. The side bolsters on the other hand are a tad tight for my liking, but I’ll manage. Averaged about mid 20mpg at a 68mph average, so not bad I guess.

Got to the Hotel early-evening, got changed & headed out to dinner. Found a nice Steak House called “Wish” close to the hotel. We shared a 10oz Filet & Main Lobster. I tried a Salted Maple Stout that was awesome & a Coffee Brown Ale. Wife liked the Coffe ale better. Then we hit Brew Brothers for a flight, where we bought 4 Growlers of cider. Then it was back to the room.

Getting ready to head out on the second leg now. Today will be another ~200 mile jaunt to Mequon with some shopping for her in OshKosh & some amenities for the next room.

Good times!
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #2
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
I miss Minocqua. Loved living up in gods country for a bit. Last year the wife and I drove from Nashville to Sturgis for the Camaro rally. We will do it again next year.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
I miss Minocqua. Loved living up in gods country for a bit. Last year the wife and I drove from Nashville to Sturgis for the Camaro rally. We will do it again next year.
It’s a beautiful area & not far from Lake Superior. I imagine you enjoy the winters more now.

First fill up & de-bugging, & coffee for the wife, then we are off.

Wife said they were making sour kraut or something & it smelled horrible.
Attached Images

Last edited by gtfoxy; 09-20-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
No worries on the side bolsters in the front seats. I thought the same thing after I bought mine but with seat time driving and miles the seats will get broken in to your body shape. The seats are more supportive in the ZL1 than the SS in my opinion.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #5
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
No worries on the side bolsters in the front seats. I thought the same thing after I bought mine but with seat time driving and miles the seats will get broken in to your body shape. The seats are more supportive in the ZL1 than the SS in my opinion.
I hear ya. I’m just wide in that area, not fat, but muscle & Im pretty broad shouldered.

Made it to OshKosh! Picked up a green Hellcat to cruise with! Ran together from just outside Stevens Point to 45S.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2020, 02:41 PM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Averaged about mid 20mpg at a 68mph average, so not bad I guess.
Calculated, or according to the car? Cars/trucks are always generous with the calculations. I use Fuelly to track my MPG. The car claims 18.7 in about 3k miles while the calculated numbers are actually 17.8. Not too far off overall, but the car is always higher than reality.

Our road trips with the car are/will typically be less than about 150 miles simply because there's no room for luggage and I won't leave the car overnight in a hotel parking lot because it's a convertible. As much as I'd be happy to drive it longer distances (we're fairly comfortable in it), it just doesn't lend itself to that for us. So, our "trips" are long weekend day drives.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:33 PM   #7
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
That sounds incredible! I’m jealous!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:54 PM   #8
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
It’s a beautiful area & not far from Lake Superior. I imagine you enjoy the winters more now.

First fill up & de-bugging, & coffee for the wife, then we are off.

Wife said they were making sour kraut or something & it smelled horrible.
Winters here are like early fall up there. Lol. Definitely do not miss the winters.
Have a great time.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:02 PM   #9
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Just got to out next stop. Had to contact management when we got to our suite. There is individuate assigned parking & the people in the adjoining suite parked right on the line with 8’ to the other side. Tried to pull in but there is a fence to my drivers side & I only had 2’ on the passenger side & 8” on my side.

Wife said she new she should have upgraded to a suite with our own garage.

Got that taken care of so now we are getting situated. Breaking out some food & drinks & settling in for a fun night.

Game on!
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2020, 06:05 PM   #10
2 Sweet
Oozing Machismo

Drives: '89 IROC-Z
Quote:
Just got to out next stop. Had to contact management when we got to our suite. There is individuate assigned parking & the people in the adjoining suite parked right on the line with 8’ to the other side. Tried to pull in but there is a fence to my drivers side & I only had 2’ on the passenger side & 8” on my side.

Wife said she new she should have upgraded to a suite with our own garage.

Got that taken care of so now we are getting situated. Breaking out some food & drinks & settling in for a fun night.

Game on!
Wow! Where are you? That looks amazing
2 Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #11
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Sweet View Post
Wow! Where are you? That looks amazing
Sybaris.

Jumping in the sauna now, then a dip in the pool.. maybe the hot tub after that...
Old 09-20-2020, 08:47 PM   #12
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Calculated, or according to the car? Cars/trucks are always generous with the calculations. I use Fuelly to track my MPG. The car claims 18.7 in about 3k miles while the calculated numbers are actually 17.8. Not too far off overall, but the car is always higher than reality.

Our road trips with the car are/will typically be less than about 150 miles simply because there's no room for luggage and I won't leave the car overnight in a hotel parking lot because it's a convertible. As much as I'd be happy to drive it longer distances (we're fairly comfortable in it), it just doesn't lend itself to that for us. So, our "trips" are long weekend day drives.
I was just going off the trip. I know they are a tad off. Last year made a similar trip in the SS & it was about 1mpg off.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:23 AM   #13
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
My road trip this year....

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:54 AM   #14
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

As life goes unexpected things pop up.

Apparently a parent & non staff coach at our kids school caught the Kung flu & they are canceling school for today. The MiL is staying with our kids, but she is immune depressed from a bout of cancer so we are canceling the remainder of our trip & heading back home today.