Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Members Classifieds - Non-Automotive

AWE Tuning

Old 11-27-2021, 05:16 PM   #1
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
FS: Vandersteen 3A Signature speakers, excellent condition

SOLD

For Sale: a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signature speakers with black cloth and light oak endcaps, serial numbers 5030A and 5031A. These include the stands and original boxes.

I am the second owner. The original owner was local to me and bought these from a local high-end stereo shop that is no longer in business. They are in excellent/mint condition, 9/10 (assuming 10/10 is new-in-box). The cloth is in amazing condition, with no pilling, pulls, tears, looseness, discoloration, stains, etc. The walnut end caps appear to be perfect, no scratches or damage or discoloration of any kind. The only blemish I can find is a small scratch on the metal panel on the back of 5030A, just above the bass speaker terminals (see pic). The previous owner and I both kept these in finished basements where they were not exposed to sunlight, pets, or smoke. They were always used gently and with high-end equipment (i.e., no underpowered, clipping amps or other abusive types of use). Even the factory shipping boxes are in great condition.

These are floor-standing, full-range speakers and have always been a remarkable value. They are very open and natural, with lots of detail. They play very low (a true 26Hz bass extension), with very consistent voicing top to bottom. They have midrange and treble level adjustments to help them work well in almost any room. I honestly thought I would have these speakers forever – they are that good, and getting anything new that’s better would probably take a five-figure expenditure. However, I got a deal I couldn’t refuse from a close friend on some Vandersteen Quatros, which are the next step up in the Vandersteen line (they retail for over $16,000, to give you a sense of the value in the 3A Signatures!). If you have been around the hi-fi scene at all, you know about Vandersteen. There is a lot of solid engineering to their designs, with a no-nonsense and "non-boutique" approach. 3A Signatures sell new for $5774 with the stands, and they are considered a strong value at that price.

I am local to the St. Louis, MO area. Locals with serious interest are welcome to listen to them at my house. I _might_ be able to meet someone within a couple hours of my residence, or possibly even deliver them to someone in Dallas, Austin, or Houston (with full payment ahead of time). I am willing to ship at the buyer's expense and arrangement: these must be shipped via freight, standing upright. Each speaker is close to 100lbs when boxed, and I think there will need to be a third box for the stands. I'm asking $1500.

Private messaging is fine.
Attached Images

Last edited by Msquared; 12-14-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Msquared is offline   Reply With Quote