Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2015, 07:49 AM   #43
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAustin View Post
I could be all wet on this, but I'm of the opinion that the presence of the center post on the wing spoiler denotes pre-production, and that it'll be gone in production models. Also, the placement of the SS badge on the lower left corner of the trunk lid denotes pre-production; I think it'll be to the left of the license plate well on the rear bumper cover in production.

I base both of these opinions on the following videos:

SS coupe @ 0:50: http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...rs/Camaro.html

RS convertible at 1:50 http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...%20Recent.html
Those videos are exactly why my opinion is the opposite. The only time we saw the lack of a center post was during the initial reveal. That was also when we saw the seemingly random badge placement. Later views of the vehicle added the center post and fixed the badge location. The convertible was announced only recently and the center post in all the materials tells me that the change was toward the post rather than away from it.

I could be the one wrong about this, but given that we haven't seen any media or appearances without the center post since the reveal, I'm slowly accepting the fact that it's here to stay. I'm hoping I'm wrong, though!
Old 07-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #44
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Nope. Still hate the rear. Front looks great though.

Any idea when these will hit the dealers? I can't wait to run one so I can see just how much more money I need to throw into my car to stay competitive lol...
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #45
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypucks View Post
Shark fin antenna is a bit of an eyesore to me but hopefully that'll be an easy fix. I really like what Ford did with the Mustang antenna.
Agree, even our Honda has a much better solution. I have the stupid shark fin on my GM truck and the XM-sirus reception is worse than the 04 Honda.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:52 AM   #46
Rabidsquirrel22

Drives: 2016 2SS
I agree with v6camaroRS. I think that after all the negative feedback about the badge being in the lower left half of the bumper, which looks really odd, Chevy moved it up to right next to the tail light. I think it looks much better there too.
Rabidsquirrel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #47
JAustin

Drives: (sold) 2011 2LT/RS auto, SW/tan top
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6CamaroRS View Post
Those videos are exactly why my opinion is the opposite. The only time we saw the lack of a center post was during the initial reveal. That was also when we saw the seemingly random badge placement. Later views of the vehicle added the center post and fixed the badge location. The convertible was announced only recently and the center post in all the materials tells me that the change was toward the post rather than away from it.

I could be the one wrong about this, but given that we haven't seen any media or appearances without the center post since the reveal, I'm slowly accepting the fact that it's here to stay. I'm hoping I'm wrong, though!
I may have misunderstood the reference to the convertible's spoiler in your post, but the spoiler on the convertible in the video doesn't have a center post ... that's the shark fin antenna, which is relocated from the coupe's roof to the convertible's trunk lid.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I prefer the placement of the SS (or RS) badge on the bumper cover; in the corner of the trunk lid, the placement looks "crowded," like it's to close to the edges or something.

In any event, relative to the overall design, these are relatively small nits to pick, and both are easily fixable, if the individual owner really wants to.
JAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #48
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Should have honked and given them the thumbs up or wave or something. Who knows, since you're in a 5th gen they might have pulled over and let you check them out, talk about stuff, let you take a few more detailed pictures.

I did that in 2003 with an IVER GTO I saw on the highway. I saw the GTO, which I knew was coming out soon but wasn't available for sale that day yet, and I honked at the guy driving it.

He pointed to himself and mouthed "follow me". So I followed him to a house not far from where I lived at the time. Turns out he was a GM engineer who grew up in a Cleveland suburb and was home visiting his parents, and drove the GTO IVER from his home near Detroit.

It was a 6 speed 6.0 Litre! Red on red. We walked around it, checked everything out, and talked for about 20 minutes when he asked if I wanted to drive it! He told me I could play with it as hard as I wanted to, only that I would be responsible for any speeding tickets. So I asked if it was alright to turn off the traction control and let it rip, and he said yes absolutely!

Couple things I learned about the engineer's job when they have these IVERs: they are NOT allowed to use radar detectors, they have to keep a log of the good and band they experience while driving them, they are asked to rack up as many miles on them as they can, they have a GM company credit card for fuel and there's really no limit to how much gas they use (but they do have to track their fuel usage and economy manually to ensure the fuel computer is accurate), and they are asked to leave them out of their garage in the elements at all times. In other words, put them through the wringer!

We had a blast with it! I drove it over to my friend's house, then my parents, everyone was checking it out, under the hood, etc..... he was really cool. I wish I had gotten his name and stayed in touch with him.

Who knows? He could be one of the guys driving these two Camaro IVERs!

Last edited by fastball; 07-26-2015 at 03:22 PM.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #49
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Maybe I'm just weird, but I prefer the placement of the SS (or RS) badge on the bumper cover; in the corner of the trunk lid, the placement looks "crowded," like it's to close to the edges or something.

You can remove the SS badge and place it anywhere you want. Some dental floss does it flawlessly without a single scratch on your paint since it's waxed.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #50
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
Quote:
I could be all wet on this, but I'm of the opinion that the presence of the center post on the wing spoiler denotes pre-production, and that it'll be gone in production models. Also, the placement of the SS badge on the lower left corner of the trunk lid denotes pre-production; I think it'll be to the left of the license plate well on the rear bumper cover in production.

I base both of these opinions on the following videos:

SS coupe @ 0:50: http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...rs/Camaro.html

RS convertible at 1:50 http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...%20Recent.html
I agree...
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #51
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypucks View Post
Shark fin antenna is a bit of an eyesore to me but hopefully that'll be an easy fix. I really like what Ford did with the Mustang antenna.
Oh man... Can't unsee. Looks huge in these pics.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:45 AM   #52
Hockeypucks

Drives: 2014 Corvette
It's one of the first things I've noticed. Stupid thing to whine about but hopefully there will be other options for us.
Hockeypucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:46 AM   #53
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Should have honked and given them the thumbs up or wave or something. Who knows, since you're in a 5th gen they might have pulled over and let you check them out, talk about stuff, let you take a few more detailed pictures.

I did that in 2003 with an IVER GTO I saw on the highway. I saw the GTO, which I knew was coming out soon but wasn't available for sale that day yet, and I honked at the guy driving it.

He pointed to himself and mouthed "follow me". So I followed him to a house not far from where I lived at the time. Turns out he was a GM engineer who grew up in a Cleveland suburb and was home visiting his parents, and drove the GTO IVER from his home near Detroit.

It was a 6 speed 6.0 Litre! Red on red. We walked around it, checked everything out, and talked for about 20 minutes when he asked if I wanted to drive it! He told me I could play with it as hard as I wanted to, only that I would be responsible for any speeding tickets. So I asked if it was alright to turn off the traction control and let it rip, and he said yes absolutely!

Couple things I learned about the engineer's job when they have these IVERs: they are NOT allowed to use radar detectors, they have to keep a log of the good and band they experience while driving them, they are asked to rack up as many miles on them as they can, they have a GM company credit card for fuel and there's really no limit to how much gas they use (but they do have to track their fuel usage and economy manually to ensure the fuel computer is accurate), and they are asked to leave them out of their garage in the elements at all times. In other words, put them through the wringer!

We had a blast with it! I drove it over to my friend's house, then my parents, everyone was checking it out, under the hood, etc..... he was really cool. I wish I had gotten his name and stayed in touch with him.

Thats a cool story.. Great way to connect with the engineers of these vehicles. Makes you want to keep buying their products also.
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #54
Rabidsquirrel22

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

I did that. The guy in the silver car just flat out ignored me, wouldn't even make eye contact. But the guy in the yellow car was driving with his windows down since traffic was moving slow, so I rolled mine down too and shouted "love the car!" and gave him a thumbs up. He waved back and then revved it a couple times for me. Unfortunately, they didn't have me follow them to pull over and talk. That sounds like an awesome experience you had though. Maybe if I see them again it will happen!
Rabidsquirrel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #55
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel22 View Post
I did that. The guy in the silver car just flat out ignored me, wouldn't even make eye contact. But the guy in the yellow car was driving with his windows down since traffic was moving slow, so I rolled mine down too and shouted "love the car!" and gave him a thumbs up. He waved back and then revved it a couple times for me. Unfortunately, they didn't have me follow them to pull over and talk. That sounds like an awesome experience you had though. Maybe if I see them again it will happen!
Next time follow them wherever they go lol!
Old 07-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #56
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
If there is ever a mod that allows all four tail lamps to light up with braking, I'll be on it ASAP. As is, looks a bit awkward to me.

But if the inner ones are just reverse only, that may make it impossible. Hopefully not.