Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #71
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Haven't had mine on a track yet, but according to the definitions: all off is all off as in no Stabilitrak and no TC plus eLSD is in a slightly different mode.
With PTM Race TC is still on and it has its own eLSD mode.
So if you floor it with all off your R foot has to mind the level of traction available. In PTM Race the computer assists with TC.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #72
MadMotorMagazine
MCFLY

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
You did a good job describing what you read and observed. I agree that you should know all modes and variations possible, why? I'm an old drag racer that decided USCA looks to have a fun-factor that I wasn't getting in a straight line. After watching the 2016 OPTIMA OUSCI final in Vegas, and talking with participants, I knew it was for me, but didn't have time to build a car ground up, or $70K+, so I bought a 1LE. Hands down best car per dollar on the market. When I went from Auto Cross to Hot Lap to Speed Stop, finding out what mode worked best was a challenge, and many settings slowed me considerably. A fellow 1LE owner who had a lot of seat time, was very helpful with info in the spirit of sportsmanship, just like TrackClub has been. My mode of choice after competing in first three events at Vegas, NOLA, and NCM, is Track/Sport 1 for Auto Cross, Track/Race for Hot Lap, No Nannies for Speed Stop. If I had understood the system as well as TrackClub has explained before event one, it would have been very helpful, because system will slow you down considerably when optimum mode is not selected for the type of racing and driver skill level. A Rookie Driver benefits from system assistance, but as skill level progresses, less assistance is necessary, and driver usually gets much faster. 2017 Camaro SS 1LE is the perfect beginners car. It will hold your hand until graduating from the University of Speed. If you're going to the track for fun runs, and a few hundredths, tenths, or even seconds really makes you no difference, then by all means, find a mode, any mode, and go have fun! After getting my butt repeatedly kicked by less than a blink of an eye, I started sweating details like TrackClub, and learning just how different variations can be. Now things are different, and when it comes to butt kicking, "It's much better to give than receive!" I'm always trying to learn and get better with my 1LE, so any go-fast information 1LE owners share is appreciated. Next event is PPIR, so if anyone has experience with high altitude and that track, let me know!
MadMotorMagazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #73
TrackClub

Thanks for your kind words. Well, I found the manuals rather confusing so I just "had to" investigate a "better way" of presenting the info

BTW when you say "Track/Track", do you mean Track/Race?
Old 06-19-2017, 12:17 AM   #74
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Looks confusing as **** lol

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:18 AM   #75
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Can I get a diagram??

#savethemanuals
Old 06-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #76
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
Can I get a diagram??
See page one
Old 06-21-2017, 04:38 PM   #77
rfm4000

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE SIM
which mode has the most progressive throttle application? Meaning im not looking for an on/off switch for the throttle pedal, something much easier to modulate
rfm4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #78
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfm4000 View Post
which mode has the most progressive throttle application? Meaning im not looking for an on/off switch for the throttle pedal, something much easier to modulate
Track mode. Even Tour Mode has more aggressive throttle programming. Sport is most aggressive.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #79
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

I saw the diagram but doesn't include throttle response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#savethemanuals
Old 06-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #80
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Parker View Post
I saw the diagram but doesn't include throttle response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
read my post above.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #81
Trackpack

Drives: 1LE
I completed my first track day in my SS 1LE. I'll do a write up of it when I have time to download the video. I tried all of the modes including PTM Race and mashing the throttle down at apex and allowing the computer to take me through corner exit. When I was primarily controlling steering input. PTM race was repeatable, predictable and faster than I thought it could ever be. I found it safe and nearly impossible to upset the car. In briefly looking through the PDR the car was able to put down a 1:42 at RPM in Iowa. The track record is 1:35 five years ago when the surface was in better condition.

With all the nannies off I would guess my time to be 1:41. Based on the progress from traction control in my 2002 Camaro SS to Competition Mode in my 2008 Corvette Z51 I would say that within 5 years the computer will be better than me. Unbelievable...

Last edited by Trackpack; 06-25-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Trackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #82
TrackClub

Trackpack, Trackclub here
I've just completed my first track outing as well. An amazing car! Fully agree with your synopsis: PTM Race is very stable and fast. I managed to even improve my PB which I got in a track prepped C5 Z06 on NT01s. Holy cow!!!

EDIT: for novices, or those that wish an extra blanket of security, I'd recommend PTM Sport 1, as that setting retains Stabilitrak and will assist a driver should a car get pear shaped, while retaining a degree of TC on exits. A less relaxed mode, yet still safe, should be Comp Mode, as it retains Stabilitrak, but does not use any TC.
Just FYI as in PTM Race Stabilitrak is OFF and if you get lose (especially on entry) it will be up to your talent alone to save it. Hope this clarifies.

Last edited by TrackClub; 06-25-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #83
TrackClub

To add to the above, now that I can really push in PTM Race, I will go back to Comp Mode and maybe PTM Sport 1 to test and compare - then report. Cheers!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #84
Sleeks

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Trackpack, Trackclub here
I've just completed my first track outing as well. An amazing car! Fully agree with your synopsis: PTM Race is very stable and fast. I managed to even improve my PB which I got in a track prepped C5 Z06 on NT01s. Holy cow!!!

EDIT: for novices, or those that wish an extra blanket of security, I'd recommend PTM Sport 1, as that setting retains Stabilitrak and will assist a driver should a car get pear shaped, while retaining a degree of TC on exits. A less relaxed mode, yet still safe, should be Comp Mode, as it retains Stabilitrak, but does not use any TC.
Just FYI as in PTM Race Stabilitrak is OFF and if you get lose (especially on entry) it will be up to your talent alone to save it. Hope this clarifies.
At slower tracks with runoff area, I'll use PTM Race. However, at Road America with the relatively fast corners and lots of concrete barrier walls, it stays in Sport 1. I'm not experienced enough on the track to go to Race at Road America yet. There is one corner I am entering at 100MPH and the wall is only a car width or so away - See Tony Kaanan's accident from Sunday's Indy Car race.

Hyper Blue 1SS / 1LE
Sleeks is offline   Reply With Quote