Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-18-2020, 10:40 PM   #29
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports View Post
My TB's have always had the best housing bore design out there....the most efficient and most aerodynamic shape which while helping peak flow also helps the lower throttle positions a great deal also.

I have spent close to half my life on a flowbench since building one from scratch in 1996. Prior to launching Mamo Motorsports in 2015, I worked for 15 years as the head of R&D for AFR (Airflow Research) directly in charge of their cylinder head and intake manifold product design as well as the dyno testing all the products I designed for them. Designing a TB for me is easy in comparison...its a much more straight forward component for me to improve on relative to heads and manifolds which are far more complicated to optimize. For a true airflow guy, a ported TB is much more straight forward but they have their nuances as well in regards to what you can and cant get away with to keep the ECM happy.

The main upgrade my new TB is offering is the uniquely milled throttle shafts which I narrow significantly.....slight tweaks to my existing housing bore design but the bulk of what your getting coming from the work in the throttle shaft area and that adds a bunch to the peak flow and your torque and horsepower potential. Couple that with my already superior housing bore and its just a killer combination.

You don't even have to be an airflow expert to see what Im talking about.....anyone with general grasp of fluid dynamics can look at one of my ported TBs's and examine how I rework the housing bore and see the logic of my approach to the design. There are some small nuances only a guy with a more advanced understanding of airflow might pick up on but its pretty apparent why the new TB I'm sending you is going to destroy the stock TB in every way in terms of response and performance.

I have seen everything out there and would put my V2 up against any of my competitors products. If your a fanboy of company XYZ of course my stuff will come in 2nd but if your simply an enthusiast looking for the best product possible designed by a guy with a proven track record and decades spent in the field of airflow dynamics I encourage you to reach out to me and lets see about having you try one of my new designs. If your not happy with it I will refund the cost of the part but if you give my TB a fair shake I seriously doubt I will be getting it back.

Deputy....I hope that answers your question....would love to help you and get your feedback on my new product. Guys....If you are unfamiliar with my reputation and accomplishments in this industry I suggest you Google my name to better familiarize yourself.

Cheers,
Tony
661-714-1317
tony@mamomotorsports.com

I have a Soler. What performance increase would I see if I got a Mamo?
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:49 PM   #30
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Call me....if you can convince me your not an insider for the other team we will work something out

Im serious....give me a ring some time this week

Late in the day is better for me....4 PM to 10 PM PST

661-714-1317

Look forward to discussing this with you

-Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:12 PM   #31
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Details

Quote:
Yes to a point.....that said I have ported dozens of different TB designs. The OEM LT1/LT4 TB is the WORST design I have ever seen. Its not even acceptable for the 250 HP trucks it was actually designed and put on GM's shelf for. In stock trim its just horrible with the first 30% of the throttle maybe getting you 10% more air as the blade is buried in aluminum that whole way. Then all of a sudden from 30% to 40% it uncovers alot of air creating a quick lean spot that the ECM has to try and cover for but cant do it quickly enough if you got into the throttle more aggressively and that's the kind of quick bog or flat spot you experience.

Look....I have written an encyclopedia of information on this exact situation (the LT throttle bodies)....if you really want to learn more take the time to Google the posts I have done on this board alone and you will know all you need to regarding why you will want to upgrade to one of my ported units.

And you will have a much clearer understanding why.....I just don't have the time to get into another lengthy post on a topic I have covered is great detail many times before. Im more interested in putting the finishing touches on my new LT flow fixtures so I can compile all the flow data including my own V1 versus V2 as well as competitors products...that should be interesting information.

Thanks for your interest in my new product

Cheers,
Tony

PS.....If you look for my posts and find one of my informative ones related to the design of the OEM TB (and how badly it sucks and why) maybe you can post it in this thread for others to learn from as well
Hey Tony and crab,

I read this when it was first posted and I believe this is the link Tony was talking about reading. Like he says in this link, grab a beverage and absorb the article.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502504

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #32
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Call me....if you can convince me your not an insider for the other team we will work something out

Im serious....give me a ring some time this week

Late in the day is better for me....4 PM to 10 PM PST

661-714-1317

Look forward to discussing this with you

-Tony
I'm just an everyday run of the mill member and I too have Soler and have the same question. Deputy Dog is a known undercover Internet Deep State Spy.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #33
crab

Drives: 2019 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Hey Tony and crab,

I read this when it was first posted and I believe this is the link Tony was talking about reading. Like he says in this link, grab a beverage and absorb the article.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502504
Thx guys!
"That my friend.. is the sweet succulent sound of the car preparing to ignite the wonderfully tasty nectar your V8 needs to send the screaming bald eagles furiously from the 4 pipes out of the rear of your vehicle"
crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #34
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
My TB's have always had the best housing bore design out there....the most efficient and most aerodynamic shape which while helping peak flow also helps the lower throttle positions a great deal also.

I have spent close to half my life on a flowbench since building one from scratch in 1996. Prior to launching Mamo Motorsports in 2015, I worked for 15 years as the head of R&D for AFR (Airflow Research) directly in charge of their cylinder head and intake manifold product design as well as the dyno testing all the products I designed for them. Designing a TB for me is easy in comparison...its a much more straight forward component for me to improve on relative to heads and manifolds which are far more complicated to optimize. For a true airflow guy, a ported TB is much more straight forward but they have their nuances as well in regards to what you can and cant get away with to keep the ECM happy.

The main upgrade my new TB is offering is the uniquely milled throttle shafts which I narrow significantly.....slight tweaks to my existing housing bore design but the bulk of what your getting coming from the work in the throttle shaft area and that adds a bunch to the peak flow and your torque and horsepower potential. Couple that with my already superior housing bore and its just a killer combination.

You don't even have to be an airflow expert to see what Im talking about.....anyone with general grasp of fluid dynamics can look at one of my ported TBs's and examine how I rework the housing bore and see the logic of my approach to the design. There are some small nuances only a guy with a more advanced understanding of airflow might pick up on but its pretty apparent why the new TB I'm sending you is going to destroy the stock TB in every way in terms of response and performance.

I have seen everything out there and would put my V2 up against any of my competitors products. If your a fanboy of company XYZ of course my stuff will come in 2nd but if your simply an enthusiast looking for the best product possible designed by a guy with a proven track record and decades spent in the field of airflow dynamics I encourage you to reach out to me and lets see about having you try one of my new designs. If your not happy with it I will refund the cost of the part but if you give my TB a fair shake I seriously doubt I will be getting it back.

Deputy....I hope that answers your question....would love to help you and get your feedback on my new product. Guys....If you are unfamiliar with my reputation and accomplishments in this industry I suggest you Google my name to better familiarize yourself.

Cheers,
Tony
661-714-1317
tony@mamomotorsports.com
Awesome product! Keep up the good work
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:18 PM   #35
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Awesome product! Keep up the good work
Here are a few samples of different ranges that the Mamo ported TB have made. Now you decide ������

https://youtu.be/KsyHjlGJB5Q

https://youtu.be/dtciHsPk16M

https://youtu.be/juW2gbOeVI8

Last edited by KILLA BEE; 02-19-2020 at 06:56 PM.
KILLA BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:12 AM   #36
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I'm just an everyday run of the mill member and I too have Soler and have the same question. Deputy Dog is a known undercover Internet Deep State Spy.
I trust Deputy Dog more than "MackSteelPrivateEye"

Guys....the V2 stuff is not on my website yet and Im still working on all the info and pictures to post a proper thread about the launch of the product.

I have a few left from my first smaller production run and in between engine builds, cylinder heads, intake manifolds and everything else Im involved in Im trying to find the time to get the larger 2nd production run off the ground so I have inventory when I do officially launch the product with my own dedicated thread and website update.

In the mean time you can get a little feedback from the early birds that jumped on the first run such as Killa Bee and a handful of others I shipped this week

That said if your really interested the sale must be handled by me personally so pick up the phone or shoot me a quick email and we can pick it up from there.

I look forward to the opportunity to help you out and get some additional feedback

Regards,
Tony
(661)714-1317
tony@mamomotorsports.com
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #37
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Anyone try this yet. This thread died quick.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:39 PM   #38
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Here are a few samples of different ranges that the Mamo ported TB have made. Now you decide ������

https://youtu.be/KsyHjlGJB5Q

https://youtu.be/dtciHsPk16M

https://youtu.be/juW2gbOeVI8
Whats your review on this Killa? Would love to see some drivebys and digs.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 03-03-2020 at 02:42 PM. Reason: ee
Old 03-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #39
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Yes to a point.....that said I have ported dozens of different TB designs. The OEM LT1/LT4 TB is the WORST design I have ever seen. Its not even acceptable for the 250 HP trucks it was actually designed and put on GM's shelf for. In stock trim its just horrible with the first 30% of the throttle maybe getting you 10% more air as the blade is buried in aluminum that whole way. Then all of a sudden from 30% to 40% it uncovers alot of air creating a quick lean spot that the ECM has to try and cover for but cant do it quickly enough if you got into the throttle more aggressively and that's the kind of quick bog or flat spot you experience.

Look....I have written an encyclopedia of information on this exact situation (the LT throttle bodies)....if you really want to learn more take the time to Google the posts I have done on this board alone and you will know all you need to regarding why you will want to upgrade to one of my ported units.

And you will have a much clearer understanding why.....I just don't have the time to get into another lengthy post on a topic I have covered is great detail many times before. Im more interested in putting the finishing touches on my new LT flow fixtures so I can compile all the flow data including my own V1 versus V2 as well as competitors products...that should be interesting information.

Thanks for your interest in my new product

Cheers,
Tony

PS.....If you look for my posts and find one of my informative ones related to the design of the OEM TB (and how badly it sucks and why) maybe you can post it in this thread for others to learn from as well
Well, I wonder why GM decided to re-use it on the C8 LT2. I mean, it was a prime opportunity to change it. Maybe costs, but they put so much time into re-designing everything else, you'd think they could have chose a better already produced solution in the least...
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #40
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Good question, the Soler has the crazy looking notches at the top, Im curious to see the difference. On a stock n/a engine, would there be any upside, I have a 19SS and the thing just rips when I hit WOT, no bogs are any mis-steps. Lurking.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:19 PM   #41
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmofo View Post
Good question, the Soler has the crazy looking notches at the top, Im curious to see the difference. On a stock n/a engine, would there be any upside, I have a 19SS and the thing just rips when I hit WOT, no bogs are any mis-steps. Lurking.

Have any videos?
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 09:41 AM   #42
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
So install is easy? disconnect battery, etc?

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote