Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #57
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Do i need to disconnect the battery to install...????

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #58
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
What’s the difference between this and the Katech?
Old 05-25-2020, 12:04 AM   #59
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Do i need to disconnect the battery to install...????
No you don't. You can install and drive as normal and the computer will learn the new airflow.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:22 AM   #60
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Drives: 2009 CTS-V, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
What’s the difference between this and the Katech?

Call me this week some time.....later in the day is the best times to reach me by phone

From 4 PM to 9 PM PST is the best times to call

661-714-1317

Regards,
Tony
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #61
avalonandl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
No you don't. You can install and drive as normal and the computer will learn the new airflow.

OK Thanks- giving it a go today since its raining....

Old 05-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #62
avalonandl

Well its installed. Hardest part is the intake tube and getting out of the way. I would suggest that before you do this you take the car to the spray wash and wash your engine compartment. I thought mine was clean but by the time I was done I was amazed at how much dirt was on my hands. Getting the throttlebody off with the four bolts was actually quite easy and I really had no trouble with the connector I took a screwdriver and I hooked onto the clip on the bottom started the off it came. Throttle response is very much improved and I’m sure it’s gonna get better as the ECM learns the new throttlebody but I can already tell that I don’t have to worry about pulling out into traffic anymore.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2020, 04:00 PM   #63
avalonandl

I will also tell you a power screwdriver helps (mentioned before). I had a 5/16 bit on a socket so the hose clamps went easy. Bending over is the toughest part.....I'm only 5' 11" .....

23k miles .....

I am hoping the smoother flow will help with my mpg since I only get 24 mpg cruising at 77-78 mph on level ground... and yes I use premium....
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2020, 06:36 PM   #64
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I installed mine Saturday but my car is one of those problem childs. Tony said to give it some time to learn but after driving all weekend it’s no better. A lot of surging, poor throttle response, but great wot. I think it might be my tune from getting headers installed. It’s and email remote tune so I’m sure it needs to be tweaked. I’ll be contacting my tuner to do some data logging. Tony’s TB looks amazing with great workmanship and design. I sure hope I can get this sorted!
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:03 PM   #65
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I installed mine Saturday but my car is one of those problem childs. Tony said to give it some time to learn but after driving all weekend it’s no better. A lot of surging, poor throttle response, but great wot. I think it might be my tune from getting headers installed. It’s and email remote tune so I’m sure it needs to be tweaked. I’ll be contacting my tuner to do some data logging. Tony’s TB looks amazing with great workmanship and design. I sure hope I can get this sorted!
Did you ever mention to me it was a remote tune!?!?

(I may have forgotten if you did!)

Either way I am betting that's your issue right there. I suspect its lean in the portion of your tune controlling the lighter load (part throttle) sections of the tune.

Get that on a chassis dyno to optimize WOT power with the mods you have and more importantly have a tuner drive it (or drive around with you) and data log all the fueling in the part throttle areas your having issues with.

Or you can datalog yourself (assuming your set up to do so) and email the file to the remote tuner that helped you to have him take a look at it.

Remote tunes in general just get you in the ballpark and some just barely do that. You really need to find a local source or invest in the equipment needed (tuning software and a ideally a wideband O2 sensor installed in the exhaust) to properly data log if you want to work remotely with any type of real effectiveness.

Keep me posted

-Tony
Old 05-26-2020, 06:54 AM   #66
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports View Post
Did you ever mention to me it was a remote tune!?!?

(I may have forgotten if you did!)

Either way I am betting that's your issue right there. I suspect its lean in the portion of your tune controlling the lighter load (part throttle) sections of the tune.

Get that on a chassis dyno to optimize WOT power with the mods you have and more importantly have a tuner drive it (or drive around with you) and data log all the fueling in the part throttle areas your having issues with.

Or you can datalog yourself (assuming your set up to do so) and email the file to the remote tuner that helped you to have him take a look at it.

Remote tunes in general just get you in the ballpark and some just barely do that. You really need to find a local source or invest in the equipment needed (tuning software and a ideally a wideband O2 sensor installed in the exhaust) to properly data log if you want to work remotely with any type of real effectiveness.

Keep me posted

-Tony
Check my texts. My last sentence was about the email tune. I plan to call him today about data logging. I have an SCT BDX handheld to do the data logging. Depending on what he says I plan on doing a dyno tune as a backup plan. The only reason I did the email tune was I couldn’t get dyno time scheduled locally and I needed the car inspected so couldn’t have any cel’s. I’ll keep you posted. I really want this to work!
Old 05-26-2020, 10:42 PM   #67
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Check my texts. My last sentence was about the email tune. I plan to call him today about data logging. I have an SCT BDX handheld to do the data logging. Depending on what he says I plan on doing a dyno tune as a backup plan. The only reason I did the email tune was I couldn’t get dyno time scheduled locally and I needed the car inspected so couldn’t have any cel’s. I’ll keep you posted. I really want this to work!
Mike.....worst case we swap it with a slightly more conservative version.....no big deal.

I think the tune is going to take care of all your issues though

Keep me posted

Regards,
Tony
Old 05-28-2020, 05:45 PM   #68
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Tony:
Looking forward to the V2. Sent you a PM
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 08:23 AM   #69
avalonandl

TTT

SSmike any news on how your TB is adjusting..

Old 07-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #70
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
TTT

SSmike any news on how your TB is adjusting..
Tony is doing a custom ported TB to help reduce the surging and soft response. I envy all you guys who put this on and have no problems. My car is a tough one.