Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-06-2021, 07:24 PM   #29
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/01...tates-q4-2020/

Down 34% with a annualized volume just a tic over 30,000 units.

Let’s hope the rumors of the extension are true.
Don't worry. In a few weeks, gm authority will say sales are up again according to a inside source.....
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:05 PM   #30
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Yes, I understand all of that. There’s also a difference between shopping in a C7 or a non-ZL1 Camaro budget and try to dip into the Porsche market.lol We were talking spending $60k, $65k, $70k. I definitely agree with you there, 100x.

I just built the below. Can’t wait to see pricing for a Z06 or ZR1. What are we going to be up to...$175k, $200k, $250k? I believe they are guessing the Z06 to START at $85k. Unreal -_-
If I do have the budget, I would actually look at a lightly used Porsche before a C8 for a pretty simple reason: manual transmission. Porsche has it, Chevy decides to chuck it, and as such, there goes my interest.

Yes, I know PDK/TREMEC DCT is faster than a manual, blah blah blah, I just like the feel of driving a stick shift. That's all the reason I need, really.

And oh my, definitely didn't expect the 3LT and Z51 to add that much to the base price. US$30k+ for these options? If it's anything like the C7, maybe 2LT Z51 would be the best value. On the C7, 3LT only adds some pretty trivial stuff(nicer leather and navigation) while 1LT is way too basic and not much cheaper than 2LT.

Things get more insane with Canadian dollars, with it down the drain. C8 starts at CAN$81k here.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:59 PM   #31
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
I asked 16 year old neighbor kid what type of sport car I should buy; he didn’t say a Porsche , a Corvette, and unfortunately, he didn’t say a Camaro. He said “a Challenger, maybe a Mustang”. I asked my nephew who loves sports cars same question... got same answer.

I don’t know what solution is, but I pray GM figures it out. Need to be taking sales away from Mustang and Challenger
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:10 PM   #32
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
I asked 16 year old neighbor kid what type of sport car I should buy; he didn’t say a Porsche , a Corvette, and unfortunately, he didn’t say a Camaro. He said “a Challenger, maybe a Mustang”. I asked my nephew who loves sports cars same question... got same answer.

I don’t know what solution is, but I pray GM figures it out. Need to be taking sales away from Mustang and Challenger
The bigger issue here is that they don't know what a sports car is. They want a pony/muscle car, not a sports car.

If you think Challenger is a sports car... Oof. A Mustang? OK, maybe. An old Mercedes E... I mean Challenger?

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:48 PM   #33
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
$60k will easily get you into a 991; that generation was first introduced back in ‘11. I would even venture to say that you could do it for a hair below $50k if you tried. I was talking $65/70k will get a relatively new (3-4 years old at most, lower mileage) 911. Looks are subjective, and it’s too early to tell how the C8 will age. The 911s (so far anyway) are quite timeless and is a platform that has improved, and improved on over time. There is more to a great vehicle than speed capability in a straight line.
I have been looking for awhile. Haven’t found one in that price range unless it has a lot of miles. I would want a 30-40K mile car. Coupe. Manual. Ideally a S.
From what I’ve seen that’s $70K+

I just did a quick search on auto trader. There are 2 Manual coupes with under 50K miles within 500 miles of me. Both are base cars and $65-68K for a 2013
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:54 PM   #34
Mikey Likes

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert...2019 F-250
Just bought our 2020 2ss vert. got almost to the 15% off mark. But as far as them selling, it sat since July. They had one vert and one coup. Online search turned up a few ZL1s, all automatics. We prefer to shift our muscle car. Not looking for ultimate performance but just fun to drive factor.
The flu has disrupted everything from manufacturing to buying patterns. To peoples comfort zone going into the dealer in the first place.
That said... electric vehicles are going to come whether the public wants them or not.
Electric Mustangs already showing. Lots are overflowing with garbage little SUVs with 4 cyl. engines nobody wants. BMW, Mercedes included. My sister has been in BMWs for 4 cars in a row. All 6s until this last one and its been in the shop more than home. Its garbage.
So for me... Finding a cool V8 car with a stick like what I grew up driving is great.
I almost sort of like the Mustangs but I cant love them. Ive loved almost every Camaro they ever made and lusted after them as a kid. The Challengers are nice. But Ive seen too much rust in Dodge cars or trucks to ever buy one.
I wanted the Cadillac as soon as they came out but I like the chassis packaged as a Camaro way better.
Hey maybe the 2020s will be more valuable in 30 years because of low volume???
Mikey Likes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:04 PM   #35
Mikey Likes

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert...2019 F-250
Sorry Unknown for referring to it as a muscle car!! I understand your point. One of my employees is a Mopar guy from way back. A 1/4 mile kind of guy. He keeps talking 800 HP... Camaro doesnt exist for him. I see the value in all 3 but I prefer the Camaro hands down.
But its true that GM has not advertised Camaro at all. The best adds are Mopar.
Mikey Likes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:27 AM   #36
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
Most of the dealers around me just got re supplied with them. There were not many around until close to thanks giving. I don’t think Gm built many 2020s because of COVID. Most are 2021 on the lots.

Same with the Mustang GT as well. At least around here in most of 2020 not a huge supply of them. I'm sure Corona played a role. Production shutdown in addition to sluggish sales and economy.

Even now I'm not seeing many. When the dealers get them it's usually the slow 1LT el cheapo or it's a fully loaded convertible that cost like 55 grand. I literally see no new SS or LT1 within a 70 mile radius unless it's a softtop.

Even in regular times here in SWFL dealers don't carry a huge selection of muscle cars. They like to carry SUVs or trucks around here. Even my two ford dealers in the county rarely carry any Mustang GTs.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:07 AM   #37
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
If I do have the budget, I would actually look at a lightly used Porsche before a C8 for a pretty simple reason: manual transmission. Porsche has it, Chevy decides to chuck it, and as such, there goes my interest.

Yes, I know PDK/TREMEC DCT is faster than a manual, blah blah blah, I just like the feel of driving a stick shift. That's all the reason I need, really.

And oh my, definitely didn't expect the 3LT and Z51 to add that much to the base price. US$30k+ for these options? If it's anything like the C7, maybe 2LT Z51 would be the best value. On the C7, 3LT only adds some pretty trivial stuff(nicer leather and navigation) while 1LT is way too basic and not much cheaper than 2LT.

Things get more insane with Canadian dollars, with it down the drain. C8 starts at CAN$81k here.

Absolutely!! I would even venture to say that I would give up (some) power in sacrifice for a manual. Yes, the PDK's are seriously insane...but still not my first choice.

Yeah, it is a little shocking. I remember having to look twice at the pricing with the C7's, now these C8's make the C7's seem like they were giving them away .

Pass
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:16 AM   #38
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
I have been looking for awhile. Haven’t found one in that price range unless it has a lot of miles. I would want a 30-40K mile car. Coupe. Manual. Ideally a S.
From what I’ve seen that’s $70K+

I just did a quick search on auto trader. There are 2 Manual coupes with under 50K miles within 500 miles of me. Both are base cars and $65-68K for a 2013
It is very possible to be in the high 50k's to low 60k's. The problem is we were talking about the possibility of being able to purchase a 991 for $60k-$70kish, which can easily happen. You're throwing all of these stipulations in and insinuating it isn't feasible.

-limiting yourself 500 miles from your location
-stipulation for 40k miles or less
-preference of it being an "S" model
-preference of if being a manual

I DO like them all though, that is about what I would be shopping for as well . I agree once we get into the particulars, it won't be the easiest "one" to find. If you were to remove the "S", the distance restriction, and switch to an automatic it would become much easier...though not what you want..
Old 01-07-2021, 07:23 AM   #39
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
Missed the point.

They want a Challenger or a Mustang, not a Camaro. That really is the issue if we want our Camaro to stick around. Sales are proving that. A lesson in car classifications isn’t going to change what they already want.

Camaro was by far my most favorite car when I was their age. Wasn’t even their third choice.
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:11 AM   #40
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
Missed the point.

They want a Challenger or a Mustang, not a Camaro. That really is the issue if we want our Camaro to stick around. Sales are proving that. A lesson in car classifications isn’t going to change what they already want.

Camaro was by far my most favorite car when I was their age. Wasn’t even their third choice.
That is interesting. I think the that people (especially the super young crowd) don't have a grasp on what there really are for vehicle possibilities, for various reasons. First and foremost I would say that presence (or lack of) is major contributing factor to that. The fact that your neighbor wants a Challenger or Mustang would support that, especially in comparison to our Camaro's, because they simply don't have the population numbers on the road. When I was young, the Mustang was my end all of the performance cars. As I had gotten older, and became more informed of what is out there, I came to realize that my opinion of the Mustang's became much less.

This is a double-edged sword for. I don't want to the Camaro's to become nonexistent and I would love to see improvements made, but I don't want my car to become as common as a Mustang or the closed bow Challenger.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:32 AM   #41
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
The bigger issue here is that they don't know what a sports car is. They want a pony/muscle car, not a sports car.

If you think Challenger is a sports car... Oof. A Mustang? OK, maybe. An old Mercedes E... I mean Challenger?
This is another problem, most people who just want fun are not interested in semantics, could care less what the "technical term" for a fast fun car they want to drive.

GM just needs to make a "fun" commercial like the stupid Acura Train commercial, you have to admit that would be a lot better with a Camaro.

For reference...

Definition of sports car
: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

Definition of muscle car
: any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving

Definition of pony car
: one of a group of 2-door hardtops of different makes that are similar in sporty styling, high performance characteristics, and price range

The classic definition of a sports car is a small vehicle with two doors that is made for no other purpose than quick performance and masterful handling. The truth, however, is that there are as many different definitions for "sports car" as there are sports car drivers.

And I agree the Challenger is "big" but to the average person it is a "sports car".
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:41 AM   #42
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
So, GM did sell 29,775 last year.Yea, not good.

There are many sport cars and coupes are gone from the market, the good examples are Fiat 124 and BMW 8 series. Camaro is still far from worst to compare other sport car models.

GM probably would continue Camaro like Nissan 370Z in future. They wouldn't give any updates and keep no change until 2026.