Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-12-2021, 08:43 AM   #43
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Stratified fuel injection, yep. Direct injection enables that.

That said, a lot of the cars with smaller engines are starting to have auto start-stop on them. I don't have much of an issue against the concept(I know, some people are gonna raise their pitchforks against me), but with how most manufacturers are implementing them, yeah, I wouldn't want it.
My wife's Highlander has start/stop and it really doesn't bother me. I hardly notice anymore. I was worried that when I wanted to go, the engine would take too long to start up, but it really doesn't feel much different with the feature turned on or off.

I wouldn't want it on my Camaro, BUT, when you said "how most manufacturers are implementing them". It got me to thinking, they could put an option for how loud you want the re-start to be. That could be fun (or obnoxious, which can be both sometimes). Hmmmm.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #44
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
The word you're looking for is 'motor(s)'.
I rode my enginecycle to work today.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:30 PM   #45
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
What is the benefit of a pushrod motor vs. an overhead cam motor? Seems like a step backwards (although I'm not that well versed on this so I might be way off)...
The main adavntage of pushrod engines is the heads are shorter. Since height in the engine bay is often s limiting factor it means you can have a longer stroke in the same space which gives you more torque as you push on the crankshaft further from the center line. There is also less complexity than a DOHC so pushrod is cheaper too. The main disadvantages of a pusrod engine is that the geometry restricts you to 2 valves per cylinder which restricts airflow at higher RPMs.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote