Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-06-2021, 01:16 PM   #85
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Track-warrantied full-electric sports coupe, DCT version, but also offer a lower-cost ICE, track-capable derivative (i.e. improved-V6 1LE-esk type of thing).

Move the belt-line down a little, to help facilitate the visibility grips.

Make the rear truck more easy to load things in.

Be congruent in the design language of the car, through-in and through-out (looking at you 2020 mid-cycle refresh*).

*Note: I don't hate the 2020+ design changes. I don't "like" them either. My biggest issue is the departure from a whole-congruent design of the car to implement some "neat" ideas that had a lot of potential, but were clearly compromised.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:20 PM   #86
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Just going off of whats reported in the GM press release and from GoodCarBadCar.

I don't care what way you want to try and spin it Camaro volume getting close Corvette volume isn't a good thing.
Another factor to consider is the price point. They are basically not even in the same segment, whereas before one could argue that they were at minimum dangerously close to competing...it really is not the case now. Considering the release of the new LT1, you can get into a big V8 Camaro for what, high $20k's? The "entry" C8's I believe go for at least $60, I'm thinking mid-$60k's. The Corvette sales surpassing the Camaro may not be a definite sign of doom, because the Camaro has it's place.

Last edited by zaimer; 01-06-2021 at 02:09 PM.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:32 PM   #87
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Track-warrantied full-electric sports coupe, DCT version, but also offer a lower-cost ICE, track-capable derivative (i.e. improved-V6 1LE-esk type of thing).
I've been in these arguments before..... either keep the Camaro SS strictly internal combustion V8 with no turbos, or kill the nameplate completely.

There's too much history there to go electric or make the SS a turbo V6 or whatever other kind of nonsense. And no Camaro SS should ever be silent or sound like a whining turbo.

Small block power and sound or kiss the Camaro goodbye.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:32 PM   #88
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Another factor to consider is the price points. They are basically not even in the same segment, whereas before one could argue that they were at minimum dangerously close to competing...it really is not the case now. Considering the release of the new LT1, you can get into a big V8 Camaro for what, high $20k's? The "entry" C8's I believe go for at least $60, I'm thinking mid-$60k's. The Corvette sales surpassing the Camaro may be a definite sign of doom, because the Camaro has it's place.
This ^
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #89
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
1. Better rear visibility without relying on a camera.
2. Less electronic gizmos that cause dash lights to illuminate.
3. Lower beltline, so I can get my arm out the window.
4. Either a longer wheelbase with a useable back seat or no back seat at all.
5. Styling cues taken from the 2nd gen camaro.
6. Aggressive advertising that emphasizes pride in performance as a distinctly American automotive icon.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 01:57 PM   #90
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
That was me. A 3/4 Series and C-Class are mid rangers that can be had from the 40K range. Pretty much any Mazda, Toyota and Honda about 20K has a much nicer interior than the Camaro and that's very sad.
Honestly, it's not a Camaro issue. It's a pony car issue.

The Mustang and Charger I sat in both have a lot of hard plastic. Neither is better than the Camaro, I would say.

And yeah, the Mazda6 GT has a nicer interior finish than the Camaro, but it doesn't even remotely compare when it comes to performance. At a given budget, you either have a good interior or good performance. $20k family cars don't have to spend much on their drivetrain versus a Camaro with an RWD drivetrain. $40k BMW and Mercedes are piss slow compared to an SS.

IMO the current Camaro interior is okay, for what it is. It's a sports car, not a luxury car. I don't live and sleep in the car, I drive the thing.

Basically, it's the classic "pick two" triangle. Good interior, good performance, good price. Pick two.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #91
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Something Chevy could do right now, the new LT 455 HP, but the SS more HP, like they used to do within the same engine. SS option should be at least 500. Vette should probably start at 550.

Camaro needs to stay 2+2 even if the rear seat isn’t actually usable. I am all of 5’7” and there no room to sit behind me as close as I sit.

Thank the stars for ProClip, there is no place for a phone, the charge pad behind the driver is some afterthought add on. Who puts it behind the driver? besides being tiny for today’s
phones.
I try to leave my glasses case there and it just flys all over the place. Consequently no place for glasses either.

The height of the door/window is awkward.

A front cam should be standard in the upper trims.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:05 PM   #92
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I want an electric, AWD, Station wagon version weighing 5000lbs!!!!
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:10 PM   #93
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I want an electric, AWD, Station wagon version weighing 5000lbs!!!!
If it resembles a woody wagon, I am in
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:07 PM   #94
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
Something Chevy could do right now, the new LT 455 HP, but the SS more HP, like they used to do within the same engine. SS option should be at least 500. Vette should probably start at 550.

Camaro needs to stay 2+2 even if the rear seat isn’t actually usable. I am all of 5’7” and there no room to sit behind me as close as I sit.

Thank the stars for ProClip, there is no place for a phone, the charge pad behind the driver is some afterthought add on. Who puts it behind the driver? besides being tiny for today’s
phones.
I try to leave my glasses case there and it just flys all over the place. Consequently no place for glasses either.

The height of the door/window is awkward.

A front cam should be standard in the upper trims.
This is me, but once you go over 500 HP, it really just becomes bragging rights on the street, especially on FR cars with limited traction.

And isn't 2+2 for insurance purposes?

Front cams could be useful, yeah, though I do back in for the most part.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #95
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
This is me, but once you go over 500 HP, it really just becomes bragging rights on the street, especially on FR cars with limited traction.

And isn't 2+2 for insurance purposes?

Front cams could be useful, yeah, though I do back in for the most part.
There was a time when it was. It doesn't matter any more. What's it worth, how likely is it to get stolen, how terrible is your driving record, and where is it parked most of the time? Those are the major factors that determine rate of premium - not how many seating surfaces it has.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 04:39 PM   #96
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
There was a time when it was. It doesn't matter any more. What's it worth, how likely is it to get stolen, how terrible is your driving record, and where is it parked most of the time? Those are the major factors that determine rate of premium - not how many seating surfaces it has.
Yep I doesn’t it matter. engine size and credit score effect your rate more then it being a passenger car.

My reason was, it’s supposed to be 2+2 otherwise it’s just a Vette coupe.

My wife has been in the back sitting sideways but it does work.

High HP bragging? probably, but count the threads about adding FBO or Blower? The only thing that beats it is, I added XYZ part, do I need a tune?
The answer is always Yes. But I digress.
People want HP, if the Mopar or even worst the Blue Oval offer more then we as Bowtie guys are obligated to ask to up the ante or at least try to keep up.
It’s going to be at a premium, and that is one of the ways that cars actually became collectible.
My ‘18 HB SS as much I wish it was, is not unique it’s never going to be worth more then. Any other one.

The GT 500 and Hellcats are going to be the collectibles the 5th Z/28 is, maybe the Hotwheels will be in the 6gen, but that’s appearance package only.
Put a cam in a factory over bored 376 at least.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:20 PM   #97
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
all i really want is car that looks like a modern Camaro. like in 1967, 1970, 1982 and 2016.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:15 PM   #98
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
all i really want is car that looks like a modern Camaro. like in 1967, 1970, 1982 and 2016.
+1

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote