Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #7435
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/01...d-in-the-wild/

Corvette E-Ray powertrain mule.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:33 PM   #7436
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Thanks Martin,

At least to me that's the only logical explanation. The whole segment is shrinking, but Camaro is hit the worst but it offers the best performance in the class, best handling in the class, and the performance to dollar ratio is insane yet its the worst selling vehicle in it's class for the majority of it's life and now has been hit the hardest since the segment is shrinking. The only things the other two do better is they are better at being cars. Even if it's only marginally better that can make a difference. Especially to someone who is making a decision based on a 15-20 minute test drive.
I believe the Camaro is best at the segment's mission as a performance focused vehicle. I think the segment makes a poor daily driver regardless of your choice here. However, the segment does make a sexy one if you're willing to accept the shortcomings. I guess on the Camaro though, the buying public as a whole clearly agrees with you and exactly why i'm saying the autopsy will be important for the EV rebirth. We're going to end up with something completely different if we get a Camaro at all.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:25 PM   #7437
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I believe the Camaro is best at the segment's mission as a performance focused vehicle. I think the segment makes a poor daily driver regardless of your choice here. However, the segment does make a sexy one if you're willing to accept the shortcomings. I guess on the Camaro though, the buying public as a whole clearly agrees with you and exactly why i'm saying the autopsy will be important for the EV rebirth. We're going to end up with something completely different if we get a Camaro at all.
I don't notice any more weekday driven new Challengers or Mustangs than 6th gens. The previous Mustang, yeah. 5th gen baited the segment to become personal trophies, not sustainable. Ford's just been better at convincing gullible youth the new Mustang is a better performance bang for buck. I had hoped for a ATS coupe sized 6th gen, not necessarily faster, because a better daily is compact, and there's no fun compacts out there, for me.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:52 PM   #7438
FenwickHockey65

Just to add fuel to this fire...

Corvette outsold Camaro in Q4 2020.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #7439
FenwickHockey65

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturi...nn-sources-say

Pay walled article, but evidently GM will be building Honda EVs at Ramos Arizpe and Spring Hill Assembly.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #7440
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
I don't notice any more weekday driven new Challengers or Mustangs than 6th gens. The previous Mustang, yeah. 5th gen baited the segment to become personal trophies, not sustainable. Ford's just been better at convincing gullible youth the new Mustang is a better performance bang for buck. I had hoped for a ATS coupe sized 6th gen, not necessarily faster, because a better daily is compact, and there's no fun compacts out there, for me.
I pass a Challenger every quarter mile. Wish I was joking. Sometimes I’ll be stopped at a light and there’ll be at least one Challenger in each direction. Maybe one day I’ll pull down some dashcam footage to prove my point. Now, keeping in mind that the car has looked pretty much the same since 2008, all model years are included in this.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 04:44 PM   #7441
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
https://www.autonews.com/manufacturi...nn-sources-say

Pay walled article, but evidently GM will be building Honda EVs at Ramos Arizpe and Spring Hill Assembly.
I can confirm this. We are one of AN’s sources on this. Speaking of AN, read the article on diesel sales and you might see someone you know quoted.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:12 PM   #7442
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I pass a Challenger every quarter mile. Wish I was joking. Sometimes I’ll be stopped at a light and there’ll be at least one Challenger in each direction. Maybe one day I’ll pull down some dashcam footage to prove my point. Now, keeping in mind that the car has looked pretty much the same since 2008, all model years are included in this.
I wish you were joking too. Past times I've driven into Michigan, it's always been cool basically seeing a parade of domestic makes. Even with the Challenger/post-Chrysler Co. weak credentials there.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:21 AM   #7443
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Definitely. As a performance vehicle its cleary number 1 in the segment and I would have to even say it's a world class performance car in the right trim levels.

The problem is the majority of camaros sold don't fall into those categories so the only other explanation is the other two are better at being cars first. As painful as it is for enthusiasts to admit unless its a halo vehicle(Corvette) you need volume to justify it's existence. And as painful as it is for enthusiasts to admit, sometimes that means catering to the average person more than the enthusiast. I am fully confident GM could have still made the best performing car in the class and a better coupe at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Just to add fuel to this fire...

Corvette outsold Camaro in Q4 2020.
ouch, that shouldn't happen
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:00 AM   #7444
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
ouch, that shouldn't happen
Brand new ME Corvette design is the reason. Not unusual for a new Gen Corvette to outpace the Camaro, especially if you select a single Quarter of sales, and especially one of the lowest volume sports car sales quarters (Q4)
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #7445
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Brand new ME Corvette design is the reason. Not unusual for a new Gen Corvette to outpace the Camaro, especially if you select a single Quarter of sales, and especially one of the lowest volume sports car sales quarters (Q4)
Eh, sort of. Corvette is a low volume model though. It shouldn't outsell camaro in any quarter. Camaro only outsold Corvette by 8k units for the year. the last few years Camaro has outsold corvette for the year by at least 30K units.

Both makes had their best year of the last 10 years in 2014, Camaro outsold corvette by 52K cars.... Corvette should never outsell Camaro
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 01-06-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #7446
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Eh, sort of. Corvette is a low volume model though. It shouldn't outsell camaro in any quarter. Camaro only outsold Corvette by 8k units for the year. the last few years Camaro has outsold corvette for the year by at least 30K units.

Both makes had their best year of the last 10 years in 2014, Camaro outsold corvette by 52K cars.... Corvette should never outsell Camaro
Disagree - Q4 is a slow sales quarter for sports cars. Add to that, the Camaro has nothing new model wise since 2018, with the only change a questionable face lift 2019-2020 and the addition of the A10 to the ZLE. Nothing new to entice buyers in the dead of winter.

On the other hand, the 2020 ME Corvette demand is through the roof, private resales consistently over MSRP, etc...it's not just a new gen of Corvette, it's an entirely new segment for Corvette/GM and it's proving to be very popular.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:10 PM   #7447
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Disagree - Q4 is a slow sales quarter for sports cars. Add to that, the Camaro has nothing new model wise since 2018, with the only change a questionable face lift 2019-2020 and the addition of the A10 to the ZLE. Nothing new to entice buyers in the dead of winter.

On the other hand, the 2020 ME Corvette demand is through the roof, private resales consistently over MSRP, etc...it's not just a new gen of Corvette, it's an entirely new segment for Corvette/GM and it's proving to be very popular.
Maybe this is one of those things that will fall a little in column A little in Column B

Yes Q4 is typically bad for sports cars and Camaro is getting long in the tooth and the C8 is all new and a huge success

I'm just kind of glancing at the last 10 years sales but there doesn't seem to be a quarter where Corvette ever outsold Camaro except for maybe 09 when Camaro was just coming back. Camaro has taken a massive slide in sales, it only outsold Corvette by 8K units this year. Last year was over 30K
Old 01-06-2021, 05:38 PM   #7448
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxWittles View Post
Is there any speculation as to when Cadillac is going to do the full reveal of the CT4 and CT5 Blackwings? I remember seeing a fall timeline before (or it might have been summer) and was curious if anyone had any info on that. Apologies if this has been discussed earlier in the thread.
February 1st.

https://media.cadillac.com/media/us/...blackwing.html

Last edited by FenwickHockey65; 01-07-2021 at 11:26 AM.
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions