Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-06-2021, 08:36 AM   #57
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
I need the back seat. If you want a two seater get a corvette. My kids need a place to sit.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:37 AM   #58
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Why? The 370Z is a 2-seater and has a convertible version.
The 370Z is a much smaller vehicle with a much smaller top. There's a lot less room required to store it. The sort of changes suggested for shortening the body, removing the rear seat, etc. would make it pretty much impossible to store the top without completely losing the trunk. Anything else and all you're doing is making a smaller version of the 'vette.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:38 AM   #59
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I need the back seat. If you want a two seater get a corvette. My kids need a place to sit.
Personally, I disagree. I bought a Camaro because the Corvette is lower slung than what I want. I couldn't care less about the back seat for people...
Old 01-06-2021, 08:39 AM   #60
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
An interior that rivals at least the 3/4 Series BMW or C Class Mercedes as far as materials and fit and finish. Better styling. Lower beltline.

But, wishing for all of that is probably a waste of time with GM.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:50 AM   #61
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
An interior that rivals at least the 3/4 Series BMW or C Class Mercedes as far as materials and fit and finish. Better styling. Lower beltline.

But, wishing for all of that is probably a waste of time with GM.

That is what the Cadillac ATS is for - BMW, Audi, M-B are all luxury makers - Chevy is more like Dodge, Ford, or toyota.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:06 AM   #62
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
I wouldn't mind if they shortened the car overall and got rid of the backseat altogether. I love 2-seaters. I loved my 370Z! Just my preference, of course.
I loved my 370z too, and my 350z. I still miss that car. I had been toying with the idea of getting a new Z (if it is ever released) but I got into a Camaro while I continue to wait
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:29 AM   #63
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Same as what I hoped for with the Gen6. A great coupe first, then a Camaro. Gen6 was a great Camaro first and ended up being a lousy coupe. That will result in more sales and thus sustainability.

This ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
The Camaro has always taken the back seat. A little off-topic, but I personally feel the C8 is a flop in terms of being a "Corvette". Chevy is trying to make the Corvette something that is not... basically an off-brand European sports car. It is not a Ferrari or McLaren, it certainly isn't exotic, but it is trying to be. The Corvette was a car with a long line of heritage and presented something unique.. Chevy killed most of that.
C8 outsold Camaro last quarter....I think its doing just fine lol

On the other hand, that's not great for the Camaro
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #64
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
I loved my 370z too, and my 350z. I still miss that car. I had been toying with the idea of getting a new Z (if it is ever released) but I got into a Camaro while I continue to wait
I'm not sure on the new Z yet. Sometimes when looking at pics, I feel it's a little bland. I do like the new tech, though. I'll have to see it in person. I'm hoping they come-out with a Nismo version soon too.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:21 AM   #65
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This ^

C8 outsold Camaro last quarter....I think its doing just fine lol

On the other hand, that's not great for the Camaro

The Camaro outsold the Corvette for the year 2020, not that I care anyway. I don't purchase vehicles based off of how they are "doing" in the market, nor did I say anything about sales. I was saying the Corvette is no longer a Corvette
Old 01-06-2021, 10:39 AM   #66
zaimer

Quote:
I'm not sure on the new Z yet. Sometimes when looking at pics, I feel it's a little bland. I do like the new tech, though. I'll have to see it in person. I'm hoping they come-out with a Nismo version soon too.
I agree. It could be one of those cars that you have to see in person to appreciate too. I felt the 370z was like that to some degree. You just don't get the real feel of the body lines by looking at photos. I always got numerous compliments and comments on that car; the Camaro gets them as well. The color probably helps as they are both yellow.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:46 AM   #67
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
The Camaro outsold the Corvette for the year 2020, not that I care anyway. I don't purchase vehicles based off of how they are "doing" in the market, nor did I say anything about sales. I was saying the Corvette is no longer a Corvette
And I was just saying that based on the sales despite your feelings it seems the new strategy with corvette seem to be doing just fine.

Also yes Camaro outsold Corvette for the year by an impressive 8k cars....quite the slide from when it used to outsell corvette by 30K
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:02 AM   #68
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
And I was just saying that based on the sales despite your feelings it seems the new strategy with corvette seem to be doing just fine.

Also yes Camaro outsold Corvette for the year by an impressive 8k cars....quite the slide from when it used to outsell corvette by 30K
What constitutes "sold"? I'd be willing to bet that most of the Corvettes that qualify as sold during Q4 were 2020 models that were FINALLY being delivered after a ridiculous wait.

And comparing it to a car that had no inventory AND sells in low quantities?

Might as well just call that bundled up misuse of 'facts' NEWS.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:05 AM   #69
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
A hybrid super car with a twin turbo V6 and 700 combined hp.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:11 AM   #70
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Camaros used to have a back seat big enough to have fun in without someone getting injured.

Starting with the 3rd gen the back seat got smaller, and smaller, and smaller
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote