#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-30-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
new member here

well,
not sure if this the right time or not but been trolling the boards/internet searching for a camaro.

long story but back in the day had several high hp evolutions with the last one deep into the 11's.
got out of cars for the last 14 years (except for a lone genesis coupe with the 3.8 that I modded) so I could spend our time on the water. went through 4 wakeboats and just sold our 2020 tige so in search of a car again.
I'm a mustang guy(zips up flamesuit) but gf has wanted a camaro since she was in junior high. you know the old saying happy wife happy life so hence the reason I'm here
we rented a hendricks camaro from hertz last summer and had a BLAST in it. that 6.2 with the 10speed was hands down the best powertrain I have ever driven(well, except my neighbors 2021 vette) so I'm ok with skipping the stang for the time....

been looking for a low mile gen5 ZL1 or a gen6 SS. cars are hard AF to find. our only 2 boxes are auto and blue, otherwise really don't care on options and the such. not going to turn it into a track terror, more a fun weekend driver that I can tinker with a few basic bolt on's.

sure once we score one I'll have a ton of questions for the group here so looking forward to both being a bother with questions and eventually able to offer up some advice once I learn about the car.....

let the search begin......
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 05:49 PM   #2
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Good luck and welcome to the forum. Look in the Members Classified section cars for sale and you might find one to your liking!
Old 04-30-2021, 05:59 PM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
well,
not sure if this the right time or not but been trolling the boards/internet searching for a camaro.

long story but back in the day had several high hp evolutions with the last one deep into the 11's.
got out of cars for the last 14 years (except for a lone genesis coupe with the 3.8 that I modded) so I could spend our time on the water. went through 4 wakeboats and just sold our 2020 tige so in search of a car again.
I'm a mustang guy(zips up flamesuit) but gf has wanted a camaro since she was in junior high. you know the old saying happy wife happy life so hence the reason I'm here
we rented a hendricks camaro from hertz last summer and had a BLAST in it. that 6.2 with the 10speed was hands down the best powertrain I have ever driven(well, except my neighbors 2021 vette) so I'm ok with skipping the stang for the time....

been looking for a low mile gen5 ZL1 or a gen6 SS. cars are hard AF to find. our only 2 boxes are auto and blue, otherwise really don't care on options and the such. not going to turn it into a track terror, more a fun weekend driver that I can tinker with a few basic bolt on's.

sure once we score one I'll have a ton of questions for the group here so looking forward to both being a bother with questions and eventually able to offer up some advice once I learn about the car.....

I would go with a 6th Gen SS, it will be just as fast as the 5th Gen ZL1 (both are 4.0 sec 0-60) with a much better chassis (and much newer)... The 6th Gen are fantastic handling cars!

Good luck in your serch!
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:01 PM   #4
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8

I'd only go with a 6th gen at this point, it has an astoundingly good redesigned chassis, great suspension and a much better interior. Not sure what matters to you the most, of course the powertrain is superb as well.

The 6th gen ZL1 is obviously the top dog, but you probably won't be disappointed with a 2SS either. Good luck with your search.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:01 PM   #5
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
well,

Welcome man, glad you guys enjoyed your A10 v8 camaro experience. Not sure if you have been keeping an eye on the market, but it is not a buyers market at the moment. If you wish to avoid grossly overpaying, I would HIGHLY suggest you wait a bit till supply begins to overwhelm demand again.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:14 PM   #6
sandm

Thanks all.
I appreciate the push toward the gen6 so we will go that route. We r not in a hurry so plenty of time.

Related but i find gen5 in tapatalk but not 6. Is this forum not available yet¿
Old 04-30-2021, 07:36 PM   #7
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
What is your budget? 40 to 50 for a new one? Some within 250 miles of you.

Have you checked your Dodge dealers? Many Camaros traded there for some reason....maybe the Blue Genie is still around.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:56 PM   #8
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Welcome, and good luck with the search.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:09 PM   #9
sandm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway SC630 View Post
What is your budget? 40 to 50 for a new one? Some within 250 miles of you.

Have you checked your Dodge dealers? Many Camaros traded there for some reason....maybe the Blue Genie is still around.
blue genie is long gone but chopper is still here and looking old and kinda plump
pricing wise want to stay in the mid-30's. nothing local. been looking for a week or so. seems to be a LOT of black, grey and white. blue is going to be our nemesis I think.

going to try and avoid buying here in vegas as cars seem to be priced a lot higher here than surrounding areas.
henderson chevrolet might as well open up an autocross track in their parking lot right now. it's EMPTY....
Old 05-01-2021, 08:44 AM   #10
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Welcome! Hope you find your Camaro!
Old 05-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!