Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2011, 01:49 AM   #71
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr juice 1 View Post
i just wish more owners around here acknowledged eachother. I always flash lights and give thumbs up. Rarely a return, almost in a stuck up fashion.
Where I'm at flashing your lights means there's a speed trap upcoming. I had a camaro flash his lights at me a while ago and I thought they were saying hi. Nope there was an officer down the road hiding in a parking lot =/
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #72
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Quote:
i just wish more owners around here acknowledged eachother. I always flash lights and give thumbs up. Rarely a return, almost in a stuck up fashion.

QFT

I remember in my GTO every GTO person gave a high five, thumbs ups, flash lights or some other gesture (nothig rude) to another GTO member passing by.

Now its people who bought the car just to have the hot item on the market. Most are rude and stuck up to even say "yo" in the parking lot.

I had some ahole guy here in oaklawn with a yellow/black one that thinks he is king shit. All I said was nice "car". What do I get back in return. "it will smoke the shit out of yours" comment from him. My wife pulled me by my arm into the restaurant after she heard that saying " it isnt worth it".
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #73
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Some will acknowledge you and some won't has been my experience. I pulled up to a light the other day and there were three of us sitting there. Two of us acknowledged each other where the third couldn't care less.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #74
Math

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Here in Michigan we have a good cruise road called Woodward :P last Sat was the first really nice day we have had here in a while. So I took the ss out and cruised. I honestly lost count of how many camaros I saw there were just that many I would guess around 30 total for the day. I even saw 2 others with the exact same color and stripe combo as mine (black with silver stripes). That said I still saw more mustangs than camaros.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #75
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
So far I have not seen any Black with flat black stripes like mine. my guess is because most people who spend money on stripes want them to be of a color that stands out. I like the fact that they are subtle and less common
Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #76
GetInTheCar
...and just go

Drives: 2010 2LT Red Jewel
Out here in Portland Oregon, I joke around that there must be a BOGO on Mustangs -- they are everywhere! A few more 5G Camaros now then a year ago, but still pretty rare.

All I can say, is that I had NO problem being at C5GII surrounded by HUNDREDS of Camaros. The mods there were awesome. IMO, that would be a great drive to work, the day I saw ONLY Camaros.
GetInTheCar is offline   Reply With Quote