Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Ah yes, good, clean, adult fun in a 2-step that cuts spark. Don't forget the visuals, such as flames shooting out the tailpipes. Had some dumba** Mopar guy 'trying' to follow me on a commute and whenever I would slow down for him to catch up, he'd see the flames (and this in the daytime!). Finally at the next light he said "you should have your car looked at, there's something wrong, you got fire coming out your exhausts."
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
Ah yes, good, clean, adult fun in a 2-step that cuts spark. Don't forget the visuals, such as flames shooting out the tailpipes. Had some dumba** Mopar guy 'trying' to follow me on a commute and whenever I would slow down for him to catch up, he'd see the flames (and this in the daytime!). Finally at the next light he said "you should have your car looked at, there's something wrong, you got fire coming out your exhausts."
, I am just concerned a little that the MSD wont build enough boost since I have an M6. I know the LPE has an adjustable timing retard so that would help a lot but a ton of people have had problems with their previous 2 step and said they have non existent customer service.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #17
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
If they're both using spark cut, then their effect on boost build should be the same I would guess.

I've never had to deal with LPE customer service, but all the electronics I've bought from them worked as advertised and were reasonably priced (especially small LED's and solenoid noise diodes where other companies like to charge $20 bucks for a $2 part). I did have that MSD 2-step once, nice simple install, but excess summer heat from cruising killed it. Also used their GMR ignition coil pick-up which is an awesome idea for RPM signal, killed the first one from heat, and the second one would only work up to about 5k rpm, so switched to the direct-wire AutoMeter unit. As the saying goes, "your mileage may vary".
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #18
jordan 572

Drives: none
I'll probably be getting the lpe as I finally figured out that the msd just cuts spark to limit rpm where the lpe retards the timing to build boost.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote