Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-19-2022, 05:44 AM   #15
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Have you checked the weights? Stock SS/1LE wheels are kind of heavy. One of the other members bought some aftermarket 20" wheels for his 1LE, and he saved 22 pounds.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:49 AM   #16
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Have you checked the weights? Stock SS/1LE wheels are kind of heavy. One of the other members bought some aftermarket 20" wheels for his 1LE, and he saved 22 pounds.
yes. the set is 25 lbs lighter in total.
Old 03-19-2022, 08:32 PM   #17
Okie Noggin

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Those are nice wheels. You have to get used to them and I think over time they will lose some of the brightness. I once put similar gold wheels on a car. It screamed pretty much like yours. When I parked it outside of the place I worked, an old lady walked in and wanted to know who owned the "gypsy wagon" outside ! That was it for me LOL. Had them powder coated silver.
Okie Noggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:28 PM   #18
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Just make it into a Smokey and the Bandit Camaro!

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 01:24 PM   #19
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I seen you replied to my post with this link so in the what did you do to your 6th Gen today thread. Thought I'd just reply in this thread. Ya... I can see why you are not to sure about them. Nothing can touch the 1LE wheels. I know it's your car, but I'd leave the 1LE Wheels on there. I'm not a gold fan at all. I wanted a Ducati Café Racer bike, but it has gold wheels on it. That's a no go for me.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 06:14 PM   #20
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
the 1LE wheels are ok. maybe im bored with them because they are the only wheels ever seen on these cars. idk.

i like gold but i'm picky about the shade. the ones i got look gold in about 10% of the settings they're in. i'm slow to do everything so i will leave these alone for the year, see how i feel about them. they do look really good in that 10% sliver of ideal conditions.
Old 03-22-2022, 08:05 PM   #21
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
the 1LE wheels are ok. maybe im bored with them because they are the only wheels ever seen on these cars. idk.

i like gold but i'm picky about the shade. the ones i got look gold in about 10% of the settings they're in. i'm slow to do everything so i will leave these alone for the year, see how i feel about them. they do look really good in that 10% sliver of ideal conditions.
I think it looks good. Everyone has the 1LE wheels. It's nice to see someone go with something different instead of the same setup as everyone else. I run with a tuner crowd and everyone runs Volk TE37s or Work Meister wheels. Both nice wheels but it gets old seeing the same wheels even if they are on different cars.

I ordered these for my LT1 before I traded it for the ZLE. Advan GT Beyond 20x9.5 +20 / 20x11 +34. I have received them yet but I'm most likely going to sell them and go with something else in ZLE fitment.

Anyways, my point is I chose those wheels because they are different and not something you see around. So I say stick with them, it's different and they look good.
Attached Images

sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote