Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
19 2SS

Drives: 2019 camaro 2ss
Neighbor complaining about car startup

So I have a supercharged camaro ss with longtube headers, it is loud for about 10 seconds on startup and then quiets down. I’ll also note that the only time my car starts up is around 1pm and 7:30pm, so it’s not like I’m waking people up in the middle of the night or the morning. This one neighbor has been complaining the past few days saying that his 7 YEAR OLD is crying because I started up my car, mind you, this said child is inside the house and somehow the child is crying when my car starts up? For reference, from inside my house, the noise is comparable to a vacuum cleaner being heard from the 1st floor while you’re on the 2nd floor. I don’t buy into the fact that his kid is actually crying because I’ve started the car up while the kid was outside multiple times and somehow she didn’t cry, so it’s just really hard to believe, I think he just doesn’t like hearing the car start up. When I’m driving around the house I never rev my car or anything like that, I always keep it below 1500 rpm, I just feel like he’s being unreasonable, there’s plenty of other kids on the block that are 5-7 year olds that love the car when it starts up, never had a problem with anyone complaining in the year I had my car. Do you guys think I’m doing anything wrong?

Have you guys had any similar experiences? How did you handle it

edit: A little update, so today I went for a drive around 11 am and I auto started my car as I was walking to it, THE ****ING KID WAS SITTING ON THE STEP AND I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE, SHE WASNT PHASED BY THE STARTUP WHATSOEVER! I LOOKED OVER AND THE DAD TRIES TO HIDE THE KID ONCE HE NOTICES ME LOOKING AT HER, THIS DUDE IS AN ABSOLUTE LYING POS! I can't wait to approach him 1 on 1 the next time I see him to ask why his kid wasn't crying when I started it up 10 feet away from her, yet you said she was crying FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE??? get the hell outa here... I was so glad to see her unbothered by the startup, this is hilarious. Atleast the kid isn't a little bitch like the dad.

Last edited by 19 2SS; 01-08-2021 at 04:35 PM.
19 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:43 PM   #2
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
I had a loud C6 but no one ever did cry about it. I would start it with the garage door down to help keep it down some.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #3
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
It's not your fault they decided to procreate. I would mitigate the best you can but this is America and I wouldn't inconvenience yourself over someone else.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #4
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
If it’s in your garage, unless you live boobs to butts, I don’t see it. My youngest’s bedroom wall is up against the garage. I leave some mornings at 5:30am. He doesn’t even wake up, he’s 11. Granted it’s stock, but with the noise & rasp of the NPP, & given the proximity, it can’t possibly be worse.

#1) Hate to say it, but tell him to stop raising a snowflake.
#2) It’s probably not about that, but if it is, see #1.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Here are a few threads that describe how to tune out the loud start if you want to give that a try.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523925

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...se-on-start-up
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:12 PM   #6
19 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
It's not your fault they decided to procreate. I would mitigate the best you can but this is America and I wouldn't inconvenience yourself over someone else.
That was kinda my attitude the last time he came out to complain, I was just like dude it’s 7:30, idk what to tell you if your 7 year old kid is crying, it’s not like I’m waking anyone up or making noise for a long period of time, it’s just the startup
Old 12-28-2020, 08:15 PM   #7
19 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
If it’s in your garage, unless you live boobs to butts, I don’t see it. My youngest’s bedroom wall is up against the garage. I leave some mornings at 5:30am. He doesn’t even wake up, he’s 11. Granted it’s stock, but with the noise & rasp of the NPP, & given the proximity, it can’t possibly be worse.

#1) Hate to say it, but tell him to stop raising a snowflake.
#2) It’s probably not about that, but if it is, see #1.
Yeah I just don’t buy it, like does the kid cry every time a loud car drives by? I live in the city of Philadelphia where guys with straight piped Honda’s are everywhere, it’s not like I’m even in some quiet suburb area
Old 12-28-2020, 08:20 PM   #8
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I wake my neighbor when I drive my ZL1 to work but she is cool about it. I drive it probably 2 to 3 times a week depending on the weather of course and on startup in the morning it is loud until it idles down. She tells me that she just goes back to sleep when I leave the house. I wish you luck with your situation.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:20 PM   #9
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
I hate to say this but I would straight pipe my shit if anyone came up saying that to me. But I'm kind of a petty dick head.

Download a decibel reading app on your phone and place it on the property line then start your car and see what the reading is. Use that next time your neighbor says something.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:26 PM   #10
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I doubt the kid is actually crying sounds like the dad just wants to be an ass. I have a married couple way on the other end of my street that complain about my car. They even decided to escalate it to the local police department facebook page which then caused them to send an officer to my house. The cop was actually pretty cool about it and said they were the only ones complaining and just stay away from their house if possible to avoid any further problems.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #11
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
What’s their solution besides complaining, sell your property? I have loud neighbour cars start up at 7am when I’m on night shift and sleeping, last thing I would do is complain to them. It’s your neighbours problem, not yours, especially during the middle of the day.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #12
Nitronut

Drives: Duramax, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
You aren't doing anything wrong.... Sounds like they have no life and just like to complain. God forbid someone fires up a gas lawn mower or weed wacker!
Old 12-28-2020, 08:34 PM   #13
19 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
I doubt the kid is actually crying sounds like the dad just wants to be an ass. I have a married couple way on the other end of my street that complain about my car. They even decided to escalate it to the local police department facebook page which then caused them to send an officer to my house. The cop was actually pretty cool about it and said they were the only ones complaining and just stay away from their house if possible to avoid any further problems.
That’s exactly what I’m thinking, it’s some kid 40s early 50s polish guy that parks his big ass ****ing truck ON THE PAVEMENT on a city block when there’s no parking spots for him (not a driveway, a legit pavement for pedestrians to walk). next time he says something I’m gonna ask him if I should have have his car ticketed every time I see his car parked on the pavement if he wants to create problems
Old 12-28-2020, 08:36 PM   #14
19 2SS

Thank you everyone for the replies, I was thinking everyone would be going against me but now I don’t feel like I’m being an ass so thank you!