Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-04-2021, 10:16 PM   #9731
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Do folks in Nebraska use winter tires? I have an offer to move to Omaha with significant room for growth in a position I actually want to be in, at my current pay.
I'm in Nebraska and I use winter tires. I'd say most people around here don't.
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:15 PM   #9732
Psyhamster

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Finally got my car back after 7+ months of repairs...

First up, new license plate frame!

| Mishimoto Catch Can | Roto-Fab Oiled Intake w/ Sound Tube Delete | GM Dark Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light | JWM LED Sidemarkers | 35/5 Ceramic Tint | AWE Track Exhaust w/ Resonators & Link Pipes |
Psyhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:18 PM   #9733
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyhamster View Post

7 MONTHS of repairs? What the heck happened to it?
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:12 PM   #9734
Minerbros66

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade21 View Post
Before and after on the aluminum pedal kit
I seem to remember the brake pedal being a royal pain in the ass to get over the back plate when I did it on my 17. Going to do it on the new car soon. How did you get it on?
2018 Shelby Baja Raptor #87
Minerbros66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:48 PM   #9735
Blade21

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerbros66 View Post
I seem to remember the brake pedal being a royal pain in the ass to get over the back plate when I did it on my 17. Going to do it on the new car soon. How did you get it on?
Get some soap and put inside the lip. I put the side on closer to accelerator pedal first and worked it around. I used some plastic interior tools to help. It was a pain
'16 Camaro 2SS| GT-30 Cam| Kooks 1 7/8 Headers| Borla X-Pipe Mid| Mishimoto Thermostat| Mishimoto Overflow tank| Mishimoto Oil Catch Can| Diode Side Markers| ZL1 Addons Lift Pads| GM Aluminum Pedals| ROTOFAB Intake - Sound Delete| SEMA grille
Blade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #9736
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
7 MONTHS of repairs? What the heck happened to it?
Well, it could be anything, given the pandemic production issues.

I know someone with a C7 GS that's still sitting at the dealer for something pretty minor in the exhaust, and it has been sitting for half a year or so now.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:29 PM   #9737
Psyhamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Well, it could be anything, given the pandemic production issues.

I know someone with a C7 GS that's still sitting at the dealer for something pretty minor in the exhaust, and it has been sitting for half a year or so now.

Unfortunately not as minor. Cars driver side door was bent backwards while it was being serviced at the dealership causing lots of damage to the door, front fender and other things. It's been a nightmare trying to get the car back to where it was before it was brought in for a routine oil change.

| Mishimoto Catch Can | Roto-Fab Oiled Intake w/ Sound Tube Delete | GM Dark Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light | JWM LED Sidemarkers | 35/5 Ceramic Tint | AWE Track Exhaust w/ Resonators & Link Pipes |
Old 03-05-2021, 07:05 PM   #9738
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:

Looks great, you need to swap out those red reflectors for some smoked ones to compliment your smoked taillights...

https://www.phastekperformance.com/H...ero-6-6srr.htm
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:30 PM   #9739
zaimer

Quote:
Unfortunately not as minor. Cars driver side door was bent backwards while it was being serviced at the dealership causing lots of damage to the door, front fender and other things. It's been a nightmare trying to get the car back to where it was before it was brought in for a routine oil change.
Any before and after pics?
Old 03-05-2021, 08:33 PM   #9740
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Oh right, I remember now.

Glad you got that sorted out. That was quite a mess and a display of incompetency on the dealer's part.

Past:
Old 03-05-2021, 08:38 PM   #9741
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Are you the guy whose front door was left open and backed into the lift post at the dealership? Man, if you're the one, this was one hell of a wait, glad to see your car is finally back. Love the color of your outer exhaust tips, I see you're using your ride as intended

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:42 PM   #9742
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Are you the guy whose front door was left open and backed into the lift post at the dealership? Man, if you're the one, this was one hell of a wait, glad to see your car is finally back. Love the color of your outer exhaust tips, I see you're using your ride as intended
Oh my word. I just went on his profile and found the thread. What a crappy deal..hope the repairs are acceptable!
Old 03-05-2021, 10:03 PM   #9743
Psyhamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Looks great, you need to swap out those red reflectors for some smoked ones to compliment your smoked taillights...

https://www.phastekperformance.com/H...ero-6-6srr.htm

Yup, I have some of them already. Got them shortly before before the accident and haven't had a chance to install them. Will be doing it when I get the car on a lift to install the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
That'd be me... Going be pulling the NPP exhaust, hopefully next weekend, to install the AWE Track Catback. Have link pipes and the diamond black tips all set and ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Oh my word. I just went on his profile and found the thread. What a crappy deal..hope the repairs are acceptable!

Yeah... The repairs are better than they were when they first gave me back the car. Still looking it over for anything that might have been missed, but at the moment, I think its as close as its going to to get to be how it was when I dropped it off for service that day.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:09 PM   #9744
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Did you just make a service appointment and let them know what you needed? How long did it take?

Did it affect the exhaust burble?
Yep, just made a service appointment. I made one a while ago and funnily, the service department wrote it down as an oil change. Didn't realize it until a few days before my appointment but it all worked out.

It took about an hour, if that, in my experience.

And nope, my car still pops quite a bit when I get off the throttle in gear at high RPM.

Past: