Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #1
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Took My Camaro on a twisty Road

First of I wanted to post this for the past week or so but haven't been able to due to holiday travels. The run was a blast and how I found this road believe it or not was recommended to me by an Cop who regularly patrols my apartment complex who I get along with quite well.

I got a feel for the road a bit to look for any irregularities and to know where things were. The speed limit was unusually high for this type of road too anywhere from 50-60 which with how sharp the curves were it seemed like that was plenty enough. I put it in sport mode and then had some fun with the road at first I was kind of worried that the tires in the back that my LT1 came with might be too narrow for grip purposes but it did fine and listening to the V8 was really really awesome. When the snow clears and its above 50 degrees again I am going to have my dash cam hooked up and bring a go pro and reply to this thread with a video of it.

Talked to my cop buddy the night after I did it and he said yeah that road is a blast pretty much no development on it and he told me his dad lets him take his corvette out on it from time to time.

For some this might not be a big deal but after a rough 5 years of medical difficulties and being told I may not be able to drive to improving to where I can still drive and not have to worry about that anymore and to do that (can't drive manual still though ) It is a real blessing and I just wanted to share my happy experiences.

Last edited by Devstrike; 01-04-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #2
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
Sounds like a good time!
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #3
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
That’s awesome dude. I’m glad you’ve recovered to the point you can still drive. Kinda neat the cop was the one that told you about the road.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:29 PM   #4
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
That’s awesome, congrats on the car and your recovery. I fully understand how you feel. I too had medical issues 20 years ago (@ 33 years old) ... same idea may not walk, drive, very tough brushing my teeth / shaving etc. I still feel the effects, but no one would ever know.

Hang in there and enjoy, there’s nothing like the freedom of a nice drive in Camaro.

Look forward to seeing your video.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:57 PM   #5
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
That is awesome. Are you on the stock LT1 wheels and tires? If so, did you feel like they provide enough grip for spirited driving?
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #6
Devstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
Sounds like a good time!
It was very fun I enjoyed every second of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
That’s awesome dude. I’m glad you’ve recovered to the point you can still drive. Kinda neat the cop was the one that told you about the road.
He is a good dude that officer and thanks I am glad I am still able to drive it is my favorite thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
That’s awesome, congrats on the car and your recovery. I fully understand how you feel. I too had medical issues 20 years ago (@ 33 years old) ... same idea may not walk, drive, very tough brushing my teeth / shaving etc. I still feel the effects, but no one would ever know.

Hang in there and enjoy, there’s nothing like the freedom of a nice drive in Camaro.

Look forward to seeing your video.

Thanks and the way this Winter is looking it might be a bit before I take the Camaro back over there or even out again got snow again this week and the temps aren't going to hit 50 at least for the next 10 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
That is awesome. Are you on the stock LT1 wheels and tires? If so, did you feel like they provide enough grip for spirited driving?

I am using the stock wheels and tires this was a concern but it turned out not too bad at all. Coming out of one of sharpest curves I could feel it have some minor issues with grip but it was nothing really that made me concerning.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:00 PM   #7
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
With the stock all seasons and 8.5" wheel, the chassis easily overpowers it. This car handles extremely well regardless of the trim level and setup
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:03 PM   #8
Devstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
With the stock all seasons and 8.5" wheel, the chassis easily overpowers it. This car handles extremely well regardless of the trim level and setup

I agree with this the car was as confident as it's V8 on the run.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:06 PM   #9
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Nice! The car is so much fun to drive. Maybe try some autocross racing this summer!
Old 01-04-2021, 07:15 PM   #10
Devstrike

I used to race one of my good friends vehicles on a track that he let me use back in 2013 and up to the end of 2014. I greatly enjoyed it
Old 01-04-2021, 07:28 PM   #11
COKen

Drives: '21 Camao SS, BMW 435i, M Roadster
Sounds like a great road! Cops are people too.
COKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:29 AM   #12
Devstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by COKen View Post
Sounds like a great road! Cops are people too.

It is a really fun road and yes I agree there are definitely some awesome cops out there for sure like the one at that patrols my apartment complex.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:35 AM   #13
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
That's awesome and it's nice to hear a positive story... Thanks for sharing
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #14
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
It is a really fun road and yes I agree there are definitely some awesome cops out there for sure like the one at that patrols my apartment complex.
First congrats on being able to enjoy life again.

I was at a local cars and coffee here in NH and a local town cop rolled in got out of his cruiser and walked around to check all the cars out. When he stopped at mine he asked all kinds of questions asked me to start it asked what hp ect ect. When he was done he said I bet I beat you in a race with a smile I asked him with or without radio and radar and if you lose are you going to be a sore loser and turn on your lights and he smiled cool young cop.
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote