Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-22-2019, 05:31 PM   #1
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys, CA--Shady

Do not buy a car here or take your car here for service, most shady dealership I've ever worked with.

They are flagged on their Yelp page for many fake fraudulent positive reviews (all from same IP) regarding sales experience--never seen that before
Took my ZL1 1LE there for service and this is what they did:
  1. Fatally damaged bead on 1800 mile Goodyear 3R removing it to replace with new Michelin PS4S, and they refuse to accept responsibility saying it's impossible for them to cause damage--say it was damaged before they removed it and this was the first time the tire came off the wheel
  2. Put wrong oil filter on car causing oil leak (PF48E instead of PF64)
  3. Put a dent in my fender

Do not go to this dealer, they look good from the outside and make nice fresh baked cookies, but it's all BS--they are the worst and you put your car in peril if you go there for service
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
wow crazy to hear that man sorry i live right by and go to dellilo in hb and never had any issues
Old 01-22-2019, 05:46 PM   #3
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Did they somehow tear the bead on the tire?
Got any pics?
That totally sucks
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:49 PM   #4
SFV1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
wow crazy to hear that man sorry i live right by and go to dellilo in hb and never had any issues
Yeah, and I escalated to Chevy "Cust Service" and here is their story:

We believe that it's impossible for the dealer to damage a tire, equipment is foolproof. And therefore it was sold to you like that, but we only cover "defects of workmanship" so we wont cover this tire.

So if the tire itself was sold defective Chevy is saying they don't cover any defective parts on the car they sell you, only issues that are caused by installer error at factory--so for instance a defective fuel pump made by a 3rd party parts supplier isn't covered right? Of course not, cust service agent made no sense and was terrible at her job. It was pathetic to listen to the poor woman, she didn't understand the words that were coming out of her own mouth.

And then she said the service manager at Keyes led her to believe I probably damaged the tire, because I brought Tire Rack tire bags :-) Which means I'm one of these crazy tire remover guys who probably removed the tires myself earlier on the tire machine in my garage right (garage barely fits my car)? Why/how would I remove the tire before, from my 2 month old ZL1, if tires had only 1800 miles and I brought brand new set of Michelin PS4S to mount on wheels? I had them remove tires for first time to save the for track event Feb 2.

Keyes Van Nuys and Chevy Cust Service are so awful, it's ridiculous
Old 01-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
SFV1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Did they somehow tear the bead on the tire?
Got any pics?
That totally sucks
Yes they tore the bead over a 3 inch stretch, here's the pic you be the judge. It looks very obvious to me that a misused tool did this, it's torn and cracked in several places all the way through the rubber to the cords...
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Having worked in a tire shop you are 100% correct that is operator error. That’s a great picture to post to yelp and depending how far you want to push it you could get a hold of corporate with that picture because it’s pretty obvious like you said.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #7
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Also thanks for the tip on not using that dealer, I live in SoCal and I’m very familiar with that dealership and in the market for my new Camaro now I’ll know for sure to keep them off my service list.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:49 PM   #8
SFV1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Having worked in a tire shop you are 100% correct that is operator error. That’s a great picture to post to yelp and depending how far you want to push it you could get a hold of corporate with that picture because it’s pretty obvious like you said.
I sent that pic to "Chevy Cust Service" and they know full well what they saw with their own eyes, I'm pretty sure the rep I spoke to ran the pic by someone further up. The Chevy rep actually told me "we have a long history with this dealer..." TRANSLATION: "they sell a lot of cars and the owner has a lot of clout with Chevy so we just decide to side with them despite obvious evidence that you deserve a new tire"
Old 01-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #9
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Yeah, and I escalated to Chevy "Cust Service" and here is their story:

We believe that it's impossible for the dealer to damage a tire, equipment is foolproof. And therefore it was sold to you like that, but we only cover "defects of workmanship" so we wont cover this tire.

So if the tire itself was sold defective Chevy is saying they don't cover any defective parts on the car they sell you, only issues that are caused by installer error at factory--so for instance a defective fuel pump made by a 3rd party parts supplier isn't covered right? Of course not, cust service agent made no sense and was terrible at her job. It was pathetic to listen to the poor woman, she didn't understand the words that were coming out of her own mouth.

And then she said the service manager at Keyes led her to believe I probably damaged the tire, because I brought Tire Rack tire bags :-) Which means I'm one of these crazy tire remover guys who probably removed the tires myself earlier on the tire machine in my garage right (garage barely fits my car)? Why/how would I remove the tire before, from my 2 month old ZL1, if tires had only 1800 miles and I brought brand new set of Michelin PS4S to mount on wheels? I had them remove tires for first time to save the for track event Feb 2.

Keyes Van Nuys and Chevy Cust Service are so awful, it's ridiculous
Escalate it far past that moron on the phone you talked to.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #10
italiano687

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 1lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Yes they tore the bead over a 3 inch stretch, here's the pic you be the judge. It looks very obvious to me that a misused tool did this, it's torn and cracked in several places all the way through the rubber to the cords...

Holy Crap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
italiano687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:42 PM   #11
HB1SS

Drives: 17 1SS
they did not follow the instructions printed right on that tire.
HB1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:54 PM   #12
Lanzz

Drives: 2019 MB E450, 2019 Miata RF
Chevy Customer Service is useless - I had a situation with Potamkin Chevrolet in NYC way back in 2002. Dealer lied and said I threatened them and Chevy Customer Service told me I could never go there again. Don't worry - I wasn't planning on it.
Lanzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #13
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Chevy customer service is useless, they simply act as an arbitrator with zero power or enforcement.

Certainly ensure they are involved, but you might want to contact you district attorney and see what they can aid you in.

I contacted them regarding where I purchased my vehicle, this dealership I WILL NEVER deal with again. EVER.

Guaranty Chevrolet in Anaheim.

Going to try Allen Gwynn Chevrolet for service.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:33 AM   #14
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Clearly operator error. That is tire science 101. Butt hole dealer and GM customer service at its worst.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote