Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 PM   #15
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Hope they help you out ..it does look very nice on your camaro!!
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:07 PM   #16
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I got my rear bumper back today, unfortunately, they said it's too far out and can't fix it. They just charged me $20 for their labor of trying to fix it. What do you guys think I should do? The way I see it, there is 3 options, put a bead of black silicone in the gap, try to get a replacement, or try to get a refund and buy straight from ikon themselves, who assure it will fit or will be warrantied. Currently awaiting response from ebay seller.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:30 PM   #17
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
not a fan of aftermarket aero parts especially since i used to work in that industry and i know 99% of them suck

only parts i would trust are oem gm , acs and anderson
Old 01-20-2021, 05:31 PM   #18
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
I would not be happy with anything less than perfection. Get your money back any way possible.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:52 AM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
If it were me...

I would start by trying to get, in writing (email), any information from Ikon on how to identify one from the 'bad batch'. If you can determine that yours is from that batch, open a claim through eBay and return it as defective and provide the information mentioned above from Ikon. Then go elsewhere to buy a diffuser, even if it's another Ikon.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:17 PM   #20
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
The ebay seller said he will give me a full refund, and to just send it back. Sent me a shipping label too, I have to buy a new box but at least I don't have to pay for shipping. I got an email back from ikon as well about buying one from them. I told them about my issues and how I'm not the only one, so I asked if I bought one from them that they could assure me it would fit. His response was to wait while they pass it down to r&d to see if there is something that can be done about the fitment issues. Seems like a decent company if they're telling me to wait instead of just selling me one. Really good customer service with ikon imo. Hopefully a v2 will be released soon, as I think it's the best looking diffuser out there.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:23 PM   #21
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
The ebay seller said he will give me a full refund, and to just send it back. Sent me a shipping label too, I have to buy a new box but at least I don't have to pay for shipping. I got an email back from ikon as well about buying one from them. I told them about my issues and how I'm not the only one, so I asked if I bought one from them that they could assure me it would fit. His response was to wait while they pass it down to r&d to see if there is something that can be done about the fitment issues. Seems like a decent company if they're telling me to wait instead of just selling me one. Really good customer service with ikon imo. Hopefully a v2 will be released soon, as I think it's the best looking diffuser out there.
That isn't too bad of a deal to get it returned and such. What about just using "another" set of boxes and making your own? If you have large pieces of cardboard, just cut them and tape them together to make a larger overall box...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:53 PM   #22
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Drives: 22 1LE 2SS M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Good to know they stand by their product, since i been contemplating on getting that same diffuser for my 1LE, on ebay also, lmao.

2020 Red Hot Camaro 2SS 1LE/PDR /Sold

2018 black Camaro 2SS M6 Redline Edition/Traded

2016 summit white Camaro RS V6 M6/Traded
mano_camaro is online now   Reply With Quote