Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 03-20-2024, 12:30 AM   #1
D2SS1LE

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Adding shock sensor to factory alarm

Hi all, anyone attempt adding shock sensor to factory alarm? I an interested in adding DEI-504D. Anyone here have the factory wiring for the door trigger and factory alarm wiring?
D2SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 02:59 PM   #2
Midblues

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2019 Turbo 4 LT 6sp
There's an easier way.
http://addshocksensor.com/shop-now.html
Check there web site email them they send you an install video for you car and instruction plus a toll free tech support # They guarantee you will be able to install and set it up as close to plug and play as possible to work with your OEM car alarm and key fob.
Midblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:29 PM   #3
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midblues View Post
There's an easier way.
Check there web site email them they send you an install video for you car and instruction plus a toll free tech support # They guarantee you will be able to install and set it up as close to plug and play as possible to work with your OEM car alarm and key fob.

I'd be intrigued to try it if I could see an actual installation video. They seem to be deliberately obfuscating the install process other than telling you that you'll need wire cutters and maybe some crimpers...
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:34 PM   #4
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I'd be intrigued to try it if I could see an actual installation video. They seem to be deliberately obfuscating the install process other than telling you that you'll need wire cutters and maybe some crimpers...
I imagine you only get an actual video after you buy the product. I understand why they wouldn't give away the install videos for free.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 03:43 PM   #5
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
I contacted them, $155.00 for the system (free shipping), said it takes 40 minutes to install and claim they have never had anyone not be able to complete the installation successfully.
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 05:06 PM   #6
fj5gtx

Drives: 70 GTX, 06 Mustang, 22 Camaro LT1
Likely you can take off the door panel, look at the latch mechanism and figure out the wire that grounds when the latch opens, then you'll know which color to look for in the kick panel. BTW you don't have to connect in at the door, you could go after the trunk or hood as well - might be easier to access dependent on your install.

I would bench test that sensor to ensure that it's output goes to ground when triggered. Or you'll have to add something that converts the output.
Old 03-20-2024, 05:07 PM   #7
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
I imagine you only get an actual video after you buy the product. I understand why they wouldn't give away the install videos for free.

Sure, understandable. But I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I buy... Especially if wiring is involved.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 05:20 PM   #8
fj5gtx

Drives: 70 GTX, 06 Mustang, 22 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Sure, understandable. But I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I buy... Especially if wiring is involved.
It may be more about security of how its installed, they only want to publicize their installation to actual purchasers... otherwise everyone with internet access will know how you wired yours up.

I can tell you what you'll need to do... you will need source power and ground, and the output will Tee into your door sensor wire, likely in the driver kick panel.

If they're quick thinkers, they'll just pop the hood and cut the horn wire or pull its fuse and continue the theft.

One counter measure is better than none, but the more the better... they call that layering.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:49 AM   #9
D2SS1LE

Thanks all for you answers and feedback!
D2SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 05:09 PM   #10
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midblues View Post
There's an easier way.
Thanks for posting this car alarm addition. I think this would be a great extra line of defense.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:21 PM   #11
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
If they're quick thinkers, they'll just pop the hood and cut the horn wire or pull its fuse and continue the theft.

One counter measure is better than none, but the more the better... they call that layering.
I’ve definitely seen many cases where the thieves cut the horn through the grille or cut the grille to get to the horn, if it’s not too intrusive of an install I’d still like to get one of these. Too many times I’ve had a window broken into and the car alarm doesn’t go off, rather know it happens especially if it starts to rain through the night (actually close to happening once, thankfully caught it before the rain really started pouring)
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote