Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-12-2016, 01:20 AM   #99
DisturbedSS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
As I said you could have saved 200 bucks since you already owned an SCT tuner and had them send you the file same way I sent you yours.

Send them the stock file and they modify it and send you the Maggie file.

Ted.
I do remember saying that, but had already paid for the kit as is. My existing SCT is brand new (from you), so can easily re-sell for well above $200..

Outside topic somewhat but was able to run comparisons with the tune you provided vs the stock tune that ships with the Tuner. After driving around with your tune first for 2 weeks, then loading the SCT one and driving for a week...it was less responsive. The "feel" of power difference throughout all the gears was absolutely noticeable. 2nd gear with your tune was the biggest beneficiary, quite a rush.. Theres obviously something to be said for custom tuning!
DisturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:30 AM   #100
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedSS View Post
I do remember saying that, but had already paid for the kit as is. My existing SCT is brand new (from you), so can easily re-sell for well above $200..

Outside topic somewhat but was able to run comparisons with the tune you provided vs the stock tune that ships with the Tuner. After driving around with your tune first for 2 weeks, then loading the SCT one and driving for a week...it was less responsive. The "feel" of power difference throughout all the gears was absolutely noticeable. 2nd gear with your tune was the biggest beneficiary, quite a rush.. Theres obviously something to be said for custom tuning!
Yes sir, I appreciate your feedback
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:58 AM   #101
DisturbedSS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Yes sir, I appreciate your feedback
Speaking of tuning - once Im ready to tune my magnuson setup (being installed today) from the factory supplied one...is that something you can provide with emailed data logs? My installer has not tuned the 16s yet and doesnt want me to be his Guinea pig. Theres 1 shop here that specializes in tuning Chevys, but the customer reviews are suspect.

If Im going to blow out magnusons warranty, I would be adding a roto-fab CAI (from my vendor connection here) and would look to your site for a header swap that retains the stock cats and my current axle back Borlas. Guess Im trying to figure how to retrofit that setup and maintain the above.

Open up a shop here in AZ would ya!
DisturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:24 AM   #102
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
would look to your site for a header swap that retains the stock cats and my current axle back Borlas.
Your only option for headers and retaining the stock cats would be shorty headers, dont think that would be worth it on a car that already has shorty tri-y's
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:11 AM   #103
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Speaking of tuning - once Im ready to tune my magnuson setup (being installed today) from the factory supplied one...is that something you can provide with emailed data logs? My installer has not tuned the 16s yet and doesnt want me to be his Guinea pig. Theres 1 shop here that specializes in tuning Chevys, but the customer reviews are suspect.

If Im going to blow out magnusons warranty, I would be adding a roto-fab CAI (from my vendor connection here) and would look to your site for a header swap that retains the stock cats and my current axle back Borlas. Guess Im trying to figure how to retrofit that setup and maintain the above.

Open up a shop here in AZ would ya!
Absolutely, the only other thing you would need is a wide band and SCT firewire to connect the analog output of the gauge to the input of the SCT device for logging AFR over the other PIDs I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
Your only option for headers and retaining the stock cats would be shorty headers, dont think that would be worth it on a car that already has shorty tri-y's
You are 100% correct.

Ted.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:05 AM   #104
shrubby

Drives: 16' Black³ / 18' ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Absolutely, the only other thing you would need is a wide band and SCT firewire to connect the analog output of the gauge to the input of the SCT device for logging AFR over the other PIDs I need

Ted.
Would you be able to offer this same service to folks with HP tuners?
Old 10-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #105
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubby View Post
Would you be able to offer this same service to folks with HP tuners?
Yes sir but you will need the Pro version so you can log AFR with a wide band or the new AEM with OBDII interface.

Ted.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #106
shrubby

Drives: 16' Black³ / 18' ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Yes sir but you will need the Pro version so you can log AFR with a wide band or the new AEM with OBDII interface.

Ted.
Thanks Ted - message sent
Old 06-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #107
Dakamaro

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS w/White Rallye
Thoughts and help shopping...

I'm still trying to compare and figure out this purchase price quote at $5,295 for a full Supercharger kit advertising 635 horsepower.

a full Maggie SC Kit is $7K and advertised 550 Horsepower.

What makes ADM Performance Supercharger so much cheaper and able to output so much more horsepower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Here is our current offering of the lt4 supercharger system utilizing an lt4 supercharger and all ADM/OEM Parts.

http://lsa-conversion-store.myshopif...ger-kit-625-hp

ADM Performance has been doing OEM Forced Induction longer than any other and can prove this with outstanding results from customers all over the world.

Check out our store, Google our name and you will see.
Dakamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #108
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
That 635HP is NOT to the wheels. The Maggie kit is 550 HP to the wheels.
If you look at ADM's 685 HP pkg for $6795...they state it's 560+rwhp and 600+rwtq and that kit is more expensive than the 635HP kit. So that 635 HP kit is obviously not to the wheels.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #109
Dakamaro

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS w/White Rallye
That was my assumption. I should have looked for the fine print. I like the idea of the GM Supercharger, but would have to do some tweaking to shave the "corvette" off there. But to decide I need to compare apples to apples.

p.s. love your Gen 6 caricature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
That 635HP is NOT to the wheels. The Maggie kit is 550 HP to the wheels.
If you look at ADM's 685 HP pkg for $6795...they state it's 560+rwhp and 600+rwtq and that kit is more expensive than the 635HP kit. So that 635 HP kit is obviously not to the wheels.
Dakamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #110
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakamaro View Post
That was my assumption. I should have looked for the fine print. I like the idea of the GM Supercharger, but would have to do some tweaking to shave the "corvette" off there. But to decide I need to compare apples to apples.

p.s. love your Gen 6 caricature.
You can get a different supercharger lid that doesn’t have that on there. The other versions say Supercharged LT4 on them, instead. But they cost an additional $100.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote