Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #15
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Lol, its just the way the industry works. The 2010 was released early in the year because it was a brand new model, which is also normal in the auto industry. Now they are going to release variations of the vehicle one at a time and use them to maintain excitement about the brand over a long period of time. Like I've said before, its all about sales momentum. I know it may suck for you personally but its just the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The point of a fall release is because they expect the hardcore enthusiasts to snap up the early production units. They want those buyers taken care of early so that when spring rolls in and the uninitiated start thinking, "Man, a new sports car would be nice!" there will be Z28s on the showroom. They are more concerned about sales momentum than they are about what makes sense for you personally. GM has been marketing cars for a long time, release dates aren't pulled out of a hat.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #16
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You never seem to acknowledge the fact that the Z28 had been delayed for a good many months and GM is trying very hard to get it out soon. No amount hoping can change that.
I can't acknowledge what I don't know. As far as I know, in order to be "delayed" it needs an announced release date. Since none has been given, then how can it really be "delayed"?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
I can't acknowledge what I don't know. As far as I know, in order to be "delayed" it needs an announced release date. Since none has been given, then how can it really be "delayed"?
I suppose you have me on a technicallity. But going back 2 years ago, the reports and indications pointed to the regular models coming out in early 2009, the convertibles about a year after that, and the Z28 about a year after that. Leading up to the bankruptcy, we were told that the Z28 project had been cancelled or at the very least put on hold. It was some time until we heard any firm reports that it was back.

And something can indeed be delayed without a fixed time being announced. For example, I meant to write this post half an hour ago, but I got delayed when I had my lunch. If I hadn't said anything, you would never have known. But that would not change the fact that it was delayed. Its like the ancient question, "If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around, does it make a sound?" Yes, absolutely it does. You just didn't hear it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #18
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
If the Z28 is actually going to be released, I would expect it in early 2012, one year after the convertible. It wouldnt be wise for GM to flood the market with two new submodels of Camaro within two months.

Then again..people who have been waiting for the 'vert wont be tempted into the Z28 and vice versa. That being said, with two new models of Camaro going down the line, the availability of the V6 and SS's will drop slightly due to less production time.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 AM   #19
sen10l

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I suppose you have me on a technicallity. But going back 2 years ago, the reports and indications pointed to the regular models coming out in early 2009, the convertibles about a year after that, and the Z28 about a year after that. Leading up to the bankruptcy, we were told that the Z28 project had been cancelled or at the very least put on hold. It was some time until we heard any firm reports that it was back.

And something can indeed be delayed without a fixed time being announced. For example, I meant to write this post half an hour ago, but I got delayed when I had my lunch. If I hadn't said anything, you would never have known. But that would not change the fact that it was delayed. Its like the ancient question, "If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around, does it make a sound?" Yes, absolutely it does. You just didn't hear it.
What I can't change, I can't change. But if I can change it, then this is my attempt to do so. That's the way I see it.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sen10l View Post
What I can't change, I can't change. But if I can change it, then this is my attempt to do so. That's the way I see it.
I hope you don't feel I'm hounding you on this one, thats not my intention. I just get frustrated when I see threads based on unrealistic expectations. And it doesn't matter if its release date, pricing, or content of the Z28. We would all absolutely love it if GM released a $40,000 LS9 powered Z28 next spring. But it isn't going to happen, no matter how much we would like it to.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #21
sen10l

They're not expectations, they're requests and arguments. I don't know why people can't see the difference. There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for something. At the very least they might say "no", but maybe, just maybe they might say yes. At least I asked and made my wishes known.

The little note I put at the end of my OP was intended precisely for people who don't understand this basic concept of asking. I'd rather ask and be shot down (by GM), than NOT ask and then find out much later that GM did something because they weren't asked to do something else. Asking cost me nothing, but I have a chance of gaining something. What do you gain by trying to stop me from asking, except annoy me by trying to shut me up?

ps. I don't know why you personally are frustrated by my requests. Think about it. I'm not even asking you!

pps. early in my career, a bunch of us consultants were given the opportunity to work permanent full-time for the company. One of my colleagues requested what we thought was an outlandish salary amount. We thought he had some chutzpah. Later in my career I myself began to make "outlandish" rate requests and now I'm at the top of the rate scale. All it took was a little chutzpah, and I've applied that principle in every aspect of life now.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #22
SMN2011Z28
Always a work in progress

Drives: 2014 RRM SS RS 1LE
As a Z28 Hopeful I think the release is going to be related to the success of the 2011 5.0 Mustang and the 6.4Ltr Challenger. Once these two new powerplants debut, GM can impact the market when it counts. The convertible will be a way to re-invigorate the customer base for the "average" car buyer then the Z28 will follow several months later to make horsepower fanatics that may not be looking at Camaro stay tuned and take another look before going elsewhere.

I deploy late this year so my only hope is that it comes out at a time that will allow me to get an early order in, but I have a feeling I'll be waiting no matter what.

It's all speculation and this is my .02
SMN2011Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
On a much simplier level, GM sells cars to make $$. You can't sell what you don't produce. Model years, seasonal releases, behavorial analysis, etc. don't make much difference if superior products are delivered. I'm waiting for a ZL1 but if an LS9 Z28 for $40K is available, I would buy both cars. Winter, spring, fall, 2011, 2012 or 2013 - makes no difference. I live in Louisiana but I have lived in the NE and if it was winter, I'd just tinker with the new car in the garage until spring. GM must deliver - that's what matters. Nice behavioral analysis though...
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #24
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
Personally, I don't care what the season is. If I like the car and have the money for it, I'm gonna buy it. If I have to garage it for a few months, so be it. At least it's MINE! Gas prices have more of an influence on buyers I believe rather then season. And right now, gas SUCKS!!! But I love my performance cars too much not to have one
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #25
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Old thread. We may eventually see a z28 but its more like a spring of '12 or '13 as a realistic goal.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #26
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Not gonna happen

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote