Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2023, 08:48 PM   #15
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflea42 View Post
Ok, yeah, I couldn't remember the exact details. I didn't think it was too big of a deal, because Stacey borrowed that truck along with the real Copperhead and pointed out the differences between the two. He wanted to educate people on how to spot clones from the real thing so they don't get ripped off, or something to that effect. Basically do your research in whatever car/truck you're after, so you know what to look for so you don't get burned.

People who make a clone and try to pawn it off as the real thing needs to be punched in the face.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 07:32 AM   #16
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
why would anyone want to badge a V6 as a V8?

Resell for someone who isn't paying attention. In case we missed it, honesty and integrity isn't a strong suit of humanity these days.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:02 AM   #17
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Just curious, were these dealers or individuals who had them mis-badged? I've seen a few that have had SS front ends, but not near the high percentage you are, and only a few that have the SS badges on there also.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:25 AM   #18
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Just curious, were these dealers or individuals who had them mis-badged? I've seen a few that have had SS front ends, but not near the high percentage you are, and only a few that have the SS badges on there also.
For me, it's hard to imagine anyone in the market for one of these cars to not be able to spot the difference, and harder still, to imagine there is a problem with sellers rebadging V6 cars as V8s. I can't imagine that's happening much out there.
Old 05-17-2023, 09:04 AM   #19
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
For me, it's hard to imagine anyone in the market for one of these cars to not be able to spot the difference, and harder still, to imagine there is a problem with sellers rebadging V6 cars as V8s. I can't imagine that's happening much out there.
Exactly, I feel for any one who gets taken advantage of but at the same time I doubt anyone who does a little research will fall for it. That’s always the routine when buying a new platform of car for me.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 11:02 AM   #20
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Everyone that I looked at was from an individual The part that got me wasn’t just changing the badges but putting a SS front end with the mail slot and on a 14 and 15 having the heart extractor hood My point is and was, some people might be new to camaro’s and just look at the badges and cosmetic stuff and get taken Like I said before, looked at an advertised ZL1. It looked like a ZL1 but opened the hood and no supercharger It had ZL1 badging and seats but no supercharger
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 11:13 AM   #21
Unaf-Ford-able

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by anth331 View Post
I’m getting close to retirement I’ve been looking at maybe getting another camaro for a project car I didn’t realize that there are so many posers out there I’ve looked at 8 camaro’s and out of 8, 5 had SS badges that were V6’s 1 ZL1 that didn’t even have a supercharger At least it had a V8 in it 2 that were supposed to be 14 or 15 year models that had 10-13 front ends and rear ends After looking at them, I just wondered how people have been taking? I’ve had 4 5th gens so I know what I’m looking for If you don’t know what you’re looking for do your research
At some point I'll bore you to death with the fun and hijinks I've gone through with scammers...and an Ebay that enables them...just to get a working auxiliary gauge cluster for my 2010 V6 car.

That's not the only issue I've run into over the last few years concerning rampant scum and the garbage they're selling. One greaseball in particular tried to sell a low-mile minivan to my oldest son, a minivan that didn't have a floor in it (it came from Wisconsin, it was almost entire rusted out with only 68K miles)...it wasn't legal to sell, but someone ended up buying it afterward anyway and died in a very low speed accident because it folded up on the driver.

Naturally, the seller has disappeared into the FB Marketplace woodwork.

Buyer beware indeed.
Unaf-Ford-able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:52 PM   #22
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Exactly what I’m talking about bud👍
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 02:07 PM   #23
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
When I was looking for my Camaro, I was looking for early 5th gen styling and in either white, silver or yellow, so one day my dad sent me a listing for a black one and later styling and black, said it had a 7L engine on it, I still struggle telling the late 5th and early 6th gen styling apart at a quick glance, but back then I assumed it was a 6th gen and LT engines just came in 7L, well now that I am slightly older and much wiser I sit wondering if I passed up on a great price z\28 or if the seller labeled it wrong. Still bothers me even now.
Old 05-19-2023, 05:18 PM   #24
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
I was on facebook looking the other day. Found a Gen6 car listed as a LT, but the photos showed a ZL1? Read the story, this guy had put all the exterior body work, front end, hood and even interior of a ZL1. But under the hood was a V6. Had to cost him a ton to do all of that, to what end? Anyway it was for sale, must not have been all that great I guess.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote