Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Question for ZL1 1LE owners?

I've been surprised how many low mile used ZL1 1LE's are on the used market already since they haven't been out long and it's winter in many parts of the country. Any guess's why you think owners have sold them so quick? Only one appeared to be a factory demo car. I'm curious if people bought them to be daily driven and were disappointed? I'm in the market and it sure seems like a hell of a car.
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
SLO

Drives: Slo'ly
I would think some were thinking they could deal with it as a daily or street car and got a little more than expected? But hard to say overall.
SLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #3
Eddie-v

Drives: NGM ZL1 1LE
Love mine. But no way I could handle it as a daily. And it is one hell of a car!
Eddie-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Most likely people wanting the "top dog" Camaro without realizing what it is, or those who thought they could handle it as a daily.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:52 AM   #5
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Its basically a race car.
it is really nice inside and out and has everything you could possibly want, but its not a daily driver. 1st and second gear are basically useless over half throttle, suspension is really stiff, the tires offer less traction than a power wheels truck when cold.

thats all ive got for negatives; the car is freaking awesome otherwise.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:04 AM   #6
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Couldn’t test drive one as the nearest one is 275 miles away. It’s not going to be a daily drive but I drive a 2500 hd diesel everyday and the ride is fine. My zl1 1le was built last week we will see on ride. I will do a track day or 2 a yr and maybe put 2000 Miles a yr on it as I have a 2015 z06 also and that in track mode on good back roads is fine on bad back roads it’s fine in sport. If I have to stick to good roads that will be fine as it’s jusr a pleasure vehicle
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
So a couple of things, as I fear you may be going down the path of those that sold so soon. With only one, or maybe two track days a year planned, are you sure the ZL1 1LE is the car that you really want? People see the higher price tag and the "track" option name and immediately want that over the regular ZL1 because they want the best Camaro available. Well, the 1LE may not actually be the best and could actually be worse... This is a very specific and niche option package for a car that severely limits it elsewhere.

You mention your Zo6 in 'track' mode is fine for good pavement quality backroads and sport is manageable for bad roads. Well, track mode is nothing compared to this car. The DSSV's and hard mounts are a whole other level. Mag ride track mode is soft in comparison (I had an SS 1LE prior to this). There is no "sticking to good roads" in this car unless that road you speak of is a racetrack.

I am being a bit harsh and sort of blowing this out of proportion a bit, but my intention is to try to convey how this car truly is. It has one purpose, and if you aren't buying it for that purpose then maybe you should consider the regular model. If people could understand this, you might not see so many for sale on the used market.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #8
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Might be a combination of things. Who knows.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:07 PM   #9
DanZ

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Car Gurus had 7 pages of used 2017 AL1's listed, 1LE and otherwise.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:13 PM   #10
DanZ

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Oops! ZL1's
Old 01-28-2018, 01:42 PM   #11
Oldfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
Oops! ZL1's
I was just wondering what an AL1 was.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #12
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
Couldn’t test drive one as the nearest one is 275 miles away. It’s not going to be a daily drive but I drive a 2500 hd diesel everyday and the ride is fine. My zl1 1le was built last week we will see on ride. I will do a track day or 2 a yr and maybe put 2000 Miles a yr on it as I have a 2015 z06 also and that in track mode on good back roads is fine on bad back roads it’s fine in sport. If I have to stick to good roads that will be fine as it’s jusr a pleasure vehicle
X3 the Z06 Track mode & that will give you a little mind set on how bad the ZL1 1LE ride quality is. I am a former 2018 ZL1 1LE owner.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:45 PM   #13
Oldfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
So a couple of things, as I fear you may be going down the path of those that sold so soon. With only one, or maybe two track days a year planned, are you sure the ZL1 1LE is the car that you really want? People see the higher price tag and the "track" option name and immediately want that over the regular ZL1 because they want the best Camaro available. Well, the 1LE may not actually be the best and could actually be worse... This is a very specific and niche option package for a car that severely limits it elsewhere.

You mention your Zo6 in 'track' mode is fine for good pavement quality backroads and sport is manageable for bad roads. Well, track mode is nothing compared to this car. The DSSV's and hard mounts are a whole other level. Mag ride track mode is soft in comparison (I had an SS 1LE prior to this). There is no "sticking to good roads" in this car unless that road you speak of is a racetrack.

I am being a bit harsh and sort of blowing this out of proportion a bit, but my intention is to try to convey how this car truly is. It has one purpose, and if you aren't buying it for that purpose then maybe you should consider the regular model. If people could understand this, you might not see so many for sale on the used market.
I appreciate your thorough answer, as I am in the same boat. A few track days a year, with medium/poor condition back road driving being a lot of the expected use.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #14
Oldfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
X3 the Z06 Track mode & that will give you a little mind set on how bad the ZL1 1LE ride quality is. I am a former 2018 ZL1 1LE owner.
So you switched back to the ZL1 now?