cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:43 PM   #30
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
cmon, it's at least this:
Looks good, all it needs is a facelift

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:34 PM   #31
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:

Everyone wants to profit the same or more than they did last year instead of temporarily deal with higher costs and lower profits to get things done. companies fail to do the right thing because they're beholdent to stock holders and they pay off the government so they can't be forced. Then we cycle around until the problem is so big and expensive that everyone is F'd except the 1% who run the companies.
I know most business owners agree with you.

It's MUCH better to put the profits in their pocket by cutting corners and causing fires which gets them sued, raising their insurance, as well as rebuilding/replacing all the damaged equipment. They also enjoy the lost revenue since they can't sell their product until all the repairs are made. Don't forget all the state fines you have to pay as well as restitution, etc. that gets tacked on, as well as all the negative publicity. I mean, none of that would hurt the bottom line, or the stock prices that most of our 401k's are invested in over the long term, huh? Heck, most company CEO's are pining to be thrown into filing a Chapter 11.

Damn 1%'ers have it all figured out.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #32
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
I think it's something along the lines of they just refuse accountability and think that is ok.

At least that's what I'm seeing?
Still blaming an entire generation based on a rather small sample, eh?

Norm
Old 09-25-2020, 05:11 PM   #33
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
I'm less concerned with electric cars being mandated for all new car sales in 15 years than I am with the general progression of cars (ice and e) towards turning you into a user rather than an owner. The general progression of taking away your right to repair. The progression towards locking you into manufacturer only options by using encrypted or proprietary solutions to what would otherwise be easily standardized options for owners. The general progression of cars to always be connected and sending that telemetry data to their home base to sell to other legally entrenched parties (insurance, law enforcement etc).

All of that should be far more upsetting and infuriating than ending ICE cars. We're on the road towards ending driving ....and towards just being driven...with no real ownership and no real privacy. Fun. And that's happening whether or not your new car is electric.
Trust me, the progression of cars in general from "I bought it, now it's mine, and you're done with it" to cars as mobility defined and controlled by others bothers me at least as much as an EV mandate.

Either of them amounts to somebody else essentially wanting me to want things done the same way that they happen to (for whatever reasons). One is pretty blatant about its invasiveness, the other is sneaky about it.

Norm
Old 09-25-2020, 05:42 PM   #34
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Who actually believes that the end of the ICE is the end of pollution mandate by this state. Sooner than you think electric vehicles will be known to cause cancer etc. etc. etc.?
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #35
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Trust me, the progression of cars in general from "I bought it, now it's mine, and you're done with it" to cars as mobility defined and controlled by others bothers me at least as much as an EV mandate.

Either of them amounts to somebody else essentially wanting me to want things done the same way that they happen to (for whatever reasons). One is pretty blatant about its invasiveness, the other is sneaky about it.

Norm
Very much agree.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:01 PM   #36
suckamc

Drives: ford
If anyone thinks this is just smoke and mirrors and won't happen, you're head is buried in the sand. This IS going to happen. The Camaro will have been long forgotten. And the tax just to drive an ICE vehicle will be insane. Also, it will spread to the rest of the states.

Very high probability that one or more US auto manufacturer will go under by then.

This is going to be a VERY different country by 2035. Better learn your Spanish!
suckamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #37
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I'm not too surprised if I'm being honest but, I also think that this is one of the only ways to really curtail the abundant smog in the area. I welcome the change and I imagine that within the 15 year time span, the infrastructure required to pull this off will be well under way. It's not like come 2035 there will be a sudden boom and everyone will be forced to drive electric cars. The growing pains of such a transition will surely be ironed out; either by legislation or by technology.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #38
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
I found some nice wheels for all these people who want to save the planet:
For the interim.

If they get their way, those shoes will be banned too. Producing and disposing of the plastics and synthetic materials are a "danger" to the planet.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:27 AM   #39
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckamc View Post
If anyone thinks this is just smoke and mirrors and won't happen, you're head is buried in the sand. This IS going to happen.
Perhaps so, maybe probably so eventually. But right now it's just some far-out progressive notion dreamed up by those who'd love to make our choices for us. So don't be expecting everybody to go along willingly with the idea, no matter how strongly you feel that we all should.

Quote:
This is going to be a VERY different country by 2035. Better learn your Spanish!
That's just backward thinking. Liberal and progressive, but backward.

Norm
Old 09-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #40
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckamc View Post
If anyone thinks this is just smoke and mirrors and won't happen, you're head is buried in the sand. This IS going to happen. The Camaro will have been long forgotten. And the tax just to drive an ICE vehicle will be insane. Also, it will spread to the rest of the states.

Very high probability that one or more US auto manufacturer will go under by then.

Sad as there are only 3 counting Tesla. I think Lucid is all Chinese money.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:37 AM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Here is a fun fact.

Tesla has yet to be a profitable car company from the manufacture of automobiles, yet the stock is crazy.

Tesla is profitable because they sell tax credits to the other auto companies, primarily Stallantis. They actually lose money manufacturing cars.

The interesting thing will be if the other states that follow California do the same. I believe there are 13 states that have the same emissions requirements as CARB.

Also, it will be interesting what CARB does as once it's EV across the board they have no reason to exist. So they will have to find something to manage and create $$, which I expect will happen down the road.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #42
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Tesla is profitable because they sell tax credits to the other auto companies, primarily Stallantis. They actually lose money manufacturing cars.

i really didn't know this.... it's eye opening... i'm googling 'tesla sells tax credits'.... wow.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote