Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-21-2020, 08:10 AM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Road Trip delivery day

4/13/17 @ Rodgers Chevrolet.

I flew out early Thursday morning to meet up with my good friend the one and only the late Becky D (Rebecca Doyle).

Becky picked up my friend and I at the airport we headed to the dealership, after 5 minutes of signing papers we were off to Becky & Joes Warehouse. Upon returning the car was ready for the 19 hour trip back home to Orlando FL.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491968
Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #16
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
had a heck of a "road trip"scheduled for next spring.a cruise to aruba,curacao,and grand turk.had to cancel due to good ol covid,too many variables.didnt want to be on board a cruise ship until this whole pandemic plays out.so meantime im going to local beaches every weekend and waiting to retire at the end of november.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #17
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
As life goes unexpected things pop up.

Apparently a parent & non staff coach at our kids school caught the Kung flu & they are canceling school for today. The MiL is staying with our kids, but she is immune depressed from a bout of cancer so we are canceling the remainder of our trip & heading back home today.
Things happen for a reason-sounds like it was a great time while it lasted!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:13 PM   #18
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I've taken the car from Knoxville, TN up to Massachusetts a few times (900 miles one way), drive straight through typically. Took the wife one year and went to a car meet with my old 3rd gen Camaro/Firebird group in Rhode Island and then took her to Gillette stadium to check out Patriot Place, and down to Barrett-Jackson which was taking place at Mohegan Sun in CT. Almost took it to Disney World last year but without run-flats and no spare, I got nervous about being stuck somewhere and missing our honeymoon. Stopped outside OCC and snapped a pic on one trip back during a fuel stop. Love driving her. Windows down cruising in the summer on 81N, cruise on, radio cranked. 42k miles on it. Bought it new in '17 and I just put on my 4th set of tires.

My 2010 had been from TN to TX a few times, TN to Orlando to Virgina and back to TN, TN to MA a bunch of times. Drove the piss out of that car too.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #19
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
No pics but just took my 2.5 year old daughter on a DC>NY>DC road trip to see my parents and left the wife and baby behind. Really fun bonding trip - she LOVES load cars, and car spotting. She called out every semi (yes all one thousand of them), Camaro, Challenger, Wrangler, Tesla and Kia Soul (have not taught her mustangs yet). Car is honestly great for a long cruise, and I got 29mpg each way! Taking advantage of being able to do trips like this while she's young enough that the total lack of rear legroom doesn't matter.
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #20
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Making the wife drive the last 1hr back.
Attached Images

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:00 PM   #21
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Making the wife drive the last 1hr back.
Now that someone that knows how to handle that car is at the wheel, it should only take about 45 minutes.

ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:03 PM   #22
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Things happen for a reason-sounds like it was a great time while it lasted!
If we’d have been down in IN & had to drive non-stop from there I’d be more upset.

It was related to our kid being in football. Many of us parents voiced concerns over locker room contact & the fact he had to go to class because of an AP science class, while our youngest chose to stay home.

I’m not a Flu-bro, nor a doomer, but I understand the risk to her mom, which is what the wife was most concerned with, which I get.

We had a reservation at the place we were at for 2 days later for the return trip & they were nice enough to let us cancel for only a $15 fee. The other place for today’s reservation didn’t so we are out about $250 there.

What sucks is this is an annual trip for us & we don’t get to get away for a few days but 2 times a year. We still had fun while it lasted.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:04 PM   #23
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Now that someone that knows how to handle that car is at the wheel, it should only take about 45 minutes.

Oh, you!
Old 09-21-2020, 02:06 PM   #24
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
If we’d have been down in IN & had to drive non-stop from there I’d be more upset.

It was related to our kid being in football. Many of us parents voiced concerns over locker room contact & the fact he had to go to class because of an AP science class, while our youngest chose to stay home.

I’m not a Flu-bro, nor a doomer, but I understand the risk to her mom, which is what the wife was most concerned with, which I get.

We had a reservation at the place we were at for 2 days later for the return trip & they were nice enough to let us cancel for only a $15 fee. The other place for today’s reservation didn’t so we are out about $250 there.

What sucks is this is an annual trip for us & we don’t get to get away for a few days but 2 times a year. We still had fun while it lasted.
It's unfortunate that with everything currently going on that they are insisting on not letting you cancel out because of the circumstances. They are more concerned with "money now" than with having a long-term customer.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:53 AM   #25
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
It's unfortunate that with everything currently going on that they are insisting on not letting you cancel out because of the circumstances. They are more concerned with "money now" than with having a long-term customer.
We contacted them mostly to let them know they could rent the rooms, not expecting to be let out of the booking. At least it was the more expensive of the two that gave us a pass.