Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-06-2023, 11:46 AM   #43
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Reminder to myself: never let the inside of my Camaro trunk get wet or even damp!
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:21 PM   #44
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd View Post
Got my new fuse box, installed it and have no difference, previous faults are still there.
Do you think the BCM would also be grilled?
I enclose a diagnostic report.
Did you replace the wiring harness too? There has to be corrosion in the harness with as much was in the box. And it very well may have damaged some of the modules.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:15 PM   #45
lynyrd

Drives: Camaro 2.0 LT 2018
Send a message via Skype™ to lynyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by easttxss View Post
Did you replace the wiring harness too? There has to be corrosion in the harness with as much was in the box. And it very well may have damaged some of the modules.
the harness had nothing, the two connectors were slightly brown in some places, since I put the box back, it does not heat up and nothing burns.
The BCM may be affected, on the report it indicates 14 faults.
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2.0 LT Turbo, Conversion to ethanol E85, K&N Typhoon filter, Front Bumper and rear diffuser ZL1/1LE, LED headlights
lynyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 11:55 AM   #46
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
This is where you are going to need the service manual so that you can diagnose each code. If you have to replace the BCM, it is not 'plug and play', it has to be programed to your VIN before it will work.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 02:16 PM   #47
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Cycling the ignition may clear the codes. See the thread linked below. I will look into this more. I do not think your BCM got wet, so hope it is salvageable.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...trusion-2.html

EDIT: Since the codes are identical to what you had before, I think they may be stored (latent) codes. I found several threads online suggesting a few cycles of start car, turn off, wait a few minutes and repeat may clear the BCM.

Also, see this video. If you have this BCM in the trunk you need to check it for water damage:

Last edited by ctrlz; 01-10-2023 at 11:19 AM.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 12:19 PM   #48
lynyrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
If you have this BCM in the trunk you need to check it for water damage:
No, the BCM is not in the trunk, but under the dashboard!

2018 Camaro 2.0 LT Turbo, Conversion to ethanol E85, K&N Typhoon filter, Front Bumper and rear diffuser ZL1/1LE, LED headlights
Old 01-12-2023, 12:25 PM   #49
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
No, the BCM is not in the trunk, but under the dashboard!
Regardless of its physical location away from the trunk, the BCM could still have been damaged by improper electrical signals from the damaged unit in the trunk.

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 12:39 PM   #50
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGnitecki View Post
Regardless of its physical location away from the trunk, the BCM could still have been damaged by improper electrical signals from the damaged unit in the trunk.

Jim G
It is hard to know everything that is going on here. The wiring harness pins and PCB within the fuse box show evidence of overheating, probably indicating a short within the box. That does not mean overcurrent made it out through the harness to another module like a BCM. Not sure if any fuses were blown.
I find it interesting that the fault codes identically match what was present before the new fuse box was installed. I would think some codes would clear. That seems to be the pattern from other reports online. So I wonder if there needs to be some kind of "code clearing" procedure to get a fresh start.
Old 01-12-2023, 01:56 PM   #51
JimGnitecki

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Quote:
It is hard to know everything that is going on here. The wiring harness pins and PCB within the fuse box show evidence of overheating, probably indicating a short within the box. That does not mean overcurrent made it out through the harness to another module like a BCM. Not sure if any fuses were blown.
I find it interesting that the fault codes identically match what was present before the new fuse box was installed. I would think some codes would clear. That seems to be the pattern from other reports online. So I wonder if there needs to be some kind of "code clearing" procedure to get a fresh start.
IF you are correct about code clearing, don't a number of low cost generic code readers also have the ability to clear codes?

Jim G
JimGnitecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:02 PM   #52
ctrlz

Quote:
IF you are correct about code clearing, don't a number of low cost generic code readers also have the ability to clear codes?

Jim G
I think the BCM codes are not generic DTC's. These probably need a Tech2 to be cleared, or whatever the proprietary GM scan tool is these days. I had read in the corvette forum that cycling the ignition a few times can clear stored BCM codes. But I do not think a standard OBD2 scanner will be able to read or clear these.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:43 PM   #53
lynyrd

Quote:
It is hard to know everything that is going on here. The wiring harness pins and PCB within the fuse box show evidence of overheating, probably indicating a short within the box. That does not mean overcurrent made it out through the harness to another module like a BCM. Not sure if any fuses were blown..
No, there was no blown fuse, the connectors were slightly burned on the housing side and nothing on the harness side, I think there was a short with water and the circuit board melted..
I have to put in a new battery, so I haven't hooked up the fuse box yet.
I will keep you posted.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2023, 03:59 AM   #54
lynyrd

Quote:
IF you are correct about code clearing, don't a number of low cost generic code readers also have the ability to clear codes?Jim G
Hello, I have an Autel IM508 to diagnose: https://www.cardiagtool.co.uk/autel-...LG3Osacra1xALE

Old 02-04-2023, 01:44 PM   #55
lynyrd

After replacing the battery, I reconnected the fuse box and put in a used amp and everything worked again!

Old 02-04-2023, 02:30 PM   #56
mpride

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
After replacing the battery, I reconnected the fuse box and put in a used amp and everything worked again!

Congratulations!
mpride is offline   Reply With Quote