Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-16-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
Robster

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1, 6M
I had a minute and a clear road - Launch Control 0-60 Runs

Two runs using launch control and the in-car timer.
The first run was 4.1 seconds and the second was 3.9 seconds.
Enjoy!

Last edited by Robster; 09-18-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Robster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:41 PM   #2
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
What other settings did you have it in? Gonna see what kind of 0-60 numbers I can do sometime soon. The bog is clear but those numbers aren’t bad for manual.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:39 AM   #3
ohsmily

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE A10 ShadowGrayMetallic
I am an inexperienced performance driver. My 2019 ZL1 1LE A10 in track and sport mode with all controls/nannies on does 3.7 on a standard asphalt road with stock tires. I'm just mashing the accelerator and letting the car do it's thing. FYI.
ohsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:54 AM   #4
UFDUB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
That was a manual! Good times! What settings did you use?
UFDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
Hell Raiser
To fast is not enough

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro & 2020 CT5-V Turbo
From 0 to 30 not good but then it kicks in, Needs to fix the bog.
Hell Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
Robster

I had launch control set to the automatic setting (general surface, 10% slip). It looks like it was holding the engine at 3200 RPM. There was some bog so I think I could have manually set the the launch RPM to 3500 RPM leaving all other variables the same to improve the time. This was at 1000 feet of elevation with an ambient of about 90F and a tire pressure of about 36 psi but not very warm tires.

I'll try to go back one of these days with the sole purpose of some improved times. I'm thinking warm tires at about 28 psi and a launch rpm of 3600 to 3800 rpm. Thoughts?

Last edited by Robster; 09-18-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:55 PM   #7
Robster

Another launch: 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. Rando surface...

Settings:
PTM: Race
Launch control: Automatic -> High Traction surface.

Old 12-10-2020, 12:06 AM   #8
ohsmily

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE A10 ShadowGrayMetallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I am an inexperienced performance driver. My 2019 ZL1 1LE A10 in track and sport mode with all controls/nannies on does 3.7 on a standard asphalt road with stock tires. I'm just mashing the accelerator and letting the car do it's thing. FYI.
I echo this. I'm inexperienced and mashed it for 3.7 best time in standard track mode. (No launch control)
ohsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:25 AM   #9
Robster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I echo this. I'm inexperienced and mashed it for 3.7 best time in standard track mode. (No launch control)
Yes. Launching the automatic is much easier and with all those gears there's an acceleration advantage.

The manual transmission car is a bit more of a challenge to get it to launch but it has its subjective pros in other areas (for those that are still into that whole three pedal driving thing, silly luddites).

It's actually quite tough to get it under 4 seconds on a regular road without launch control. Lots of balancing of power and wheel spin. Too much for most mere mortals including me.

Alas, if you just wanna go fast, let automation (technology) do the work. It's a fabulous transmission, that A10.

Last edited by Robster; 12-10-2020 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:51 AM   #10
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster View Post
Yes. Launching the automatic is much easier and with all those gears there's an acceleration advantage.

The manual transmission car is a bit more of a challenge to get it to launch but it has its subjective pros in other areas (for those that are still into that whole three pedal driving thing, silly luddites).

It's actually quite tough to get it under 4 seconds on a regular road without launch control. Lots of balancing of power and wheel spin. Too much for most mere mortals including me.

Alas, if you just wanna go fast, let automation (technology) do the work. It's a fabulous transmission, that A10.
GM is claiming that the A10 can shift faster than the PDK in the first few gears. Not sure how real that is but I know someone who thought his ZL1 has a DCT because the sales told him so and the car just shifted really fast and crisp until I pointed it out to him that it's a torque converter AT, albeit a great one.

And jeez, I was gonna suggest NLS for these runs but you can get to 60 MPH in 1st gear... So never mind, but it would be fun to try it out. I know it helps turbocharged cars a lot(the 2.0T) because you don't lose the boost between shifts while it just helps with better consistency with the NA models(3.6 and 6.2). I am not sure about the difference it would make for a supercharged engine like a ZL1. I saw acceleration videos online of ZL1 M6 and I notice the boost will drop a bit between shifts without NLS. I wonder if NLS will make the boost stay between shifts.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:51 AM   #11
Robster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post

And jeez, I was gonna suggest NLS for these runs but you can get to 60 MPH in 1st gear... So never mind, but it would be fun to try it out. I know it helps turbocharged cars a lot(the 2.0T) because you don't lose the boost between shifts while it just helps with better consistency with the NA models(3.6 and 6.2). I am not sure about the difference it would make for a supercharged engine like a ZL1. I saw acceleration videos online of ZL1 M6 and I notice the boost will drop a bit between shifts without NLS. I wonder if NLS will make the boost stay between shifts.
I love the No Lift Shift feature! It really does make a big difference in acceleration. I am looking forward to going to a drag strip sometime soon to get more use out of it since like you mentioned, shifting to 2nd isn't required on the M6 to get to 60MPH. I have used NLS on the track though and it's helpful for sure. Check out this video where I do a NLS from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. It doesn't look as dramatic in the video as it feels in the car but look at the gear position indicator to get an idea of the speed of the shift.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #12
Robster

Here's a No-Lift Shift from 1st to 2nd from a launch:

Tags
launch control, pdr