Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #29
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I like it. There are a lot of cool drag racing specific features incorporated into the package at a decent price. This could be a nice sleeper especially if you decided to mod it.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:57 PM   #30
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
The numbers are good, but nothing to write home about. When I read the headline, I was expecting at least mid to low 11s. The price isn't bad though, and I'll give Dodge credit for pushing forward and offering more performance options for their fan base, but it's not quite the Camaro or Mustang killer.

As far as the car itself, meh, I never liked that retro look. It's like I'm looking at a refurbished car from the 70s. The Charger is the only Dodge that looks great IMO.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:41 PM   #31
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Three cars, three different personas:

Muscle
Muscle/sporty
Sports

I don't think there is much to debate which one is which. One can compete with "real" sports cars while the others do great 1320 sprints (GT350 excluded). I wouldn't say the mustang or challenger is a sports car although they are cool cars. I just always saw the mustang as the cheapest car someone could get when they couldn't afford a real sports car but ford is slowly changing that.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #32
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiesel84 View Post
To help shed some of the Challenger's unnecessary flab, the 1320 comes with only a driver's seat inside. Huhhh....Really for 45k. How about drop the dated sloppy fender flares to start, that’s gotta be 50lbs all in.
The 1320 doesn't have fender flares.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:52 AM   #33
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Growing up i used to be all about building my cars for 1/4 mile drag racing. Until I got older and realized how much they suck on anything but a 1/4 mile straight line. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy drag racing, but at the end of the day if I want a dedicated drag car I'll build one, I don't buy one. Anything I buy I want to perform well in a turn, like i often do on the street.
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:55 AM   #34
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
I like it. There are a lot of cool drag racing specific features incorporated into the package at a decent price. This could be a nice sleeper especially if you decided to mod it.

Me too but I am bias, I had a 69 SuperBee. My first new car and I loved it. The bumble bee badges are cool.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #35
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I love what Dodge is doing. It is like they have NO restrictions compared to GM and Ford. GM wont even do power bumps with their refreshes. Ford, jees.....trying to get performance from them is like squeezing blood out of a turnip. They nickel and dime their base for everything this generation, and getting one that performs as well as a Camaro will cost you big bucks!!
Old 07-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #36
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Challenger is by far the ugliest of the three muscle cars.
I feel the Challenger is the best looking of the three when you compare it to the 2019 Camaro.

Today.

- Camaro SS.
- Challenger Widebody.
- Mustang GT

Figure in the 2019 refresh.

- Challenger Wide Body.
- Mustang GT
- Camaro SS

If this comes with the widebody option then it might be a replacement for my 2SS in a year
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #37
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Lots of hate for something that GM is afraid to compete with other than by offering factory performance parts that VOID your warranty. FCA has the balls to offer the stuff on a warrantied and factory assembled car.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Camaro, but FCA has been catering to a lot of different fields lately. I'd park me a 1320, a Scat widebody and a Charger Scat in my driveway before a 6th gen unless its a Shock 1LE or ZL1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #38
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Challenger is by far the ugliest of the three muscle cars.

How true. It's built on an antiquated platform designed for large four door sedans. AND it's not a sports car like the Camaro and Mustang.
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:47 AM   #39
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I love what Dodge is doing these days with the Challenger. The Demon was crazy awesome, and a car that I though no car company would ever build. It's not my cup of tea, but I have to give props to a company that would go to the lengths they have gone for the 1/4 mile club guys. Trans brake, line lock, power chiller, etc...

Now they have come out with the Redeye version, which is awesome, a 1320 version of the Challenger, and they are going to put the Hellcat engine in a Ram and go after the Raptor. Again, not my cup of tea, but I have to give them props for going off the map on all these ideas and implementations. Let's not forget they also put the Hellcat engine in the Charger and a Jeep too.

At least they didn't put drag radials on it and then it overheats before you get 100 feet down the 1/4 mile, and then tell everyone it wasn't meant for the drag strip....
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #40
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Dodge is killing it, plain and simple. Excellent advertising, marketing, and branding. The no holds barred, politically incorrect, unapologetic attitude is refreshing. This is 1960s stuff while other companies are ashamed to tout HP, smoky burnouts, and brute force. They have a ton of models and choices for the consumer too. Dodge gets it. I just wish GM would take some lessons.

Meanwhile Ford is killing cars and Chevy has polite, real people lame ass commercials with vanilla sedans, trucks, and SUVs.

Anyway, this 1320 Challenger may be faster in a straight line, but it should be. Its built for drag racing. The Camaro and Mustang would still kill it in the twisties. All depends what you want out of a car.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:08 AM   #41
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Yes it is. I am sure I am not the only one that thinks its pretty kick ass what Dodge is doing for their customers with all these different packages and pushing the power envelope for the new muscle car wars. I will give credit where credit is due......

Yeh...I would look at one if the Camaro were not my first choice. They look good and are fast in a straight line.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #42
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hworth18 View Post
$45k for a brick that is only .2 seconds quicker than a bone stock A8 Camaro? I'd rather have the Camaro that can handle the twisties as well.

Uh huh.... .2 sec. whats that? About a car length and half ahead in the 1/4mile.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote