Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-30-2017, 07:11 PM   #1
DonnieDarko94

Drives: 2014 Z28
Question Brake pads, go stock or go aftermarket?

I need to replace my pads on my Z/28, they squeak a bit but the sensor on the pad hasn't gone off yet...? Supposedly I am at 3mm in the front and 4mm in the rear.
What I really want to know are some good aftermarket pad choices, what people though about them compared to Factory pads. And who might have a spare set of new pads laying around!
DonnieDarko94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:08 AM   #2
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
It isn't the normal squeal that we get from time to time is it?
Old 10-01-2017, 07:58 AM   #3
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko94 View Post
I need to replace my pads on my Z/28, they squeak a bit but the sensor on the pad hasn't gone off yet...? Supposedly I am at 3mm in the front and 4mm in the rear.
What I really want to know are some good aftermarket pad choices, what people though about them compared to Factory pads. And who might have a spare set of new pads laying around!
I would recommend to stay with the factory brake pads.
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:06 AM   #4
Foxrus14

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Foxrus14 Send a message via Skype™ to Foxrus14
Go aftermarket... you won't regret it. the factory pads are at he very least lacking.

www.pagidracing.com is where you should look for a dealer in your area. the Pagid pads are amazing.
Foxrus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:43 AM   #5
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
I know one of the guys at Pagid, actually very well. We have talked several times about pads for my Z28. I am on the 3rd set of factory pads. Because of the cost of the rotors and my factory warranty he has recommended that I stick with the factory pads.

Pagid Pads will make your car stop faster. I think the others I looked at were something like gLock. The brothers from carbotech. If you run the Pagid pads please let us know how the last and watch the rotors closely. Several companies are working on pads to increase the life of our rotors.

Personally, I am trying to reduce the cost of my track days not make my car faster. I am already in the top 2 faster cars on any given day. I am going to stay with the factory through next season. I have two years left of factory warranty and hope to get the dealer to replace the rotors close to it running out.

And mine make noise from time to time even when new after heat cycled. Oh well... I might add a sticker that says "Real Pad's Make Noise"
Old 10-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
Foxrus14

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Foxrus14 Send a message via Skype™ to Foxrus14
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchsquared View Post
I know one of the guys at Pagid, actually very well. We have talked several times about pads for my Z28. I am on the 3rd set of factory pads. Because of the cost of the rotors and my factory warranty he has recommended that I stick with the factory pads.

Pagid Pads will make your car stop faster. I think the others I looked at were something like gLock. The brothers from carbotech. If you run the Pagid pads please let us know how the last and watch the rotors closely. Several companies are working on pads to increase the life of our rotors.

Personally, I am trying to reduce the cost of my track days not make my car faster. I am already in the top 2 faster cars on any given day. I am going to stay with the factory through next season. I have two years left of factory warranty and hope to get the dealer to replace the rotors close to it running out.

And mine make noise from time to time even when new after heat cycled. Oh well... I might add a sticker that says "Real Pad's Make Noise"
If you are going for cheaper overall track investment, remove the CCM brakes and rotors and go down to steel rotors and ceramic pads. It will significantly decrease your cost. You can basically get a full system for the Padgid pad price tag.
Foxrus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrus14 View Post
If you are going for cheaper overall track investment, remove the CCM brakes and rotors and go down to steel rotors and ceramic pads. It will significantly decrease your cost. You can basically get a full system for the Padgid pad price tag.
Yes, that would work, but I don't want to go that far.
Those CCM brakes are wonderful.

Tags
pads, rotors, street, track car