Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #57
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
On the website it says run a quart more fluid to avoid uncovering the pickup on hard launches? That means the dipstick is marked to be a quart higher? Just asking so we know if when we add a quart if we were a quart "low" or simply doing a mod.
When we check the level it is idling in park?
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:59 PM   #58
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
On the website it says run a quart more fluid to avoid uncovering the pickup on hard launches? That means the dipstick is marked to be a quart higher? Just asking so we know if when we add a quart if we were a quart "low" or simply doing a mod.
When we check the level it is idling in park?
Dipstick is calibrated for the correct fluid level as not to uncover the filter under any circumstances.

Follow GM warm up procedure before checking fluid level.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 02-21-2019 at 04:24 PM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #59
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Dipstick is calibrated for the correct fluid level as not to uncover the filter under any circumstances.

Follow GM warm up procedure before checking fluid level.
So is that more than what is normally filled by checking via the port? Check idling in park or no? Neither answers answered my question.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:41 PM   #60
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Warm up fluid and check level when temps range from 85° to 125°, car level. Usually check in neutral (e-brake on) but I believe in park will work also. ‘Full hot’ range on dip-stick. This is an excellent upgrade — and I track (road course) mine a lot so this makes it easy to ck levels.

Yes a quart higher. I have a B&M deep pan so mine carries more. I have, with trans cooler, 10 quarts (not including the torque converter) and the level is @ the full hot mark...

I also use the ZL1/Suburban trans filter so there is more flow...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:02 AM   #61
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Warm up fluid and check level when temps range from 85° to 125°, car level. Usually check in neutral (e-brake on) but I believe in park will work also. ‘Full hot’ range on dip-stick. This is an excellent upgrade — and I track (road course) mine a lot so this makes it easy to ck levels.

Yes a quart higher. I have a B&M deep pan so mine carries more. I have, with trans cooler, 10 quarts (not including the torque converter) and the level is @ the full hot mark...

I also use the ZL1/Suburban trans filter so there is more flow...

-Don
Thanks Don. I ordered one and before I installed it, hoped to know what I was doing so I didn't over or underfill it. And to know it's normal that it was a quart low after the new dipstick.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #62
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Wait wait wait, Don, you are saying check it between 85 to 125 degrees? I've always checked mine when the gauge says 180 or really close to.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #63
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Wait wait wait, Don, you are saying check it between 85 to 125 degrees? I've always checked mine when the gauge says 180 or really close to.
I posted the proper procedure in my thread
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...70&postcount=3
I think it matches what Don said but this has pictures and helps clarify which ports and plugs and engine off vs on etc.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:31 AM   #64
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
You da man!! Thanks! I was just about to go out and buy another quart too but now I need to check it at these temps.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:47 AM   #65
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Get yours today people!

If you don't have one your missing out on the pure simplicity of checking and filling plus adjusted level so no sucking air on launches.

The 6L80E is much happier when full.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...it-6l80e-6l90e

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote