Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 09-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #29
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
I was just reading the sales link FAQ, they state no tune required to run.
Obviously there is gains to be had with a tune but it should bolt on and be happy with stock tune
Right. It sorta make sense if you think about it (considering if you just plop this in place in an otherwise stock LT1): the air still has to go through the same up-stream intake system/restriction - you're just changing the efficiency of the air getting into the cylinders inside the manifold (equalizing runners and increasing plenum volume). Plus, if you look at what GM did LT1 vs LT2, the intake cam profile is the same (even the exhaust is pretty close) and the cylinder heads didn't change.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #30
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Right. It sorta make sense if you think about it (considering if you just plop this in place in an otherwise stock LT1): the air still has to go through the same up-stream intake system/restriction - you're just changing the efficiency of the air getting into the cylinders inside the manifold (equalizing runners and increasing plenum volume). Plus, if you look at what GM did LT1 vs LT2, the intake cam profile is the same (even the exhaust is pretty close) and the cylinder heads didn't change.
If the exhaust ports in the heads on GENV engines are always blamed for low flow, why do you think GM only increased exhaust duration? (and I think exhaust lift too?)

I guess it's for exactly that reason, to try to make up for the more restrictive exhaust port?
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:42 PM   #31
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
FYI, the areas that were cut/ground on, you can take a tourch, with a very small/lite flame, and go over the area to "seal" or blend the work that has been done. Works pretty good on these PA-GF materials. Just takes a quick back-and-forth over the area with the flame a bit away and off the material.

$390 is not all that unreasonable to the intake+booster fitting+work to add the fitting+work to remove the ribs+MAP extension harness.
when I ported the stock intake (MSD too, but to a lesser extent) there were areas that had valleys where the intake is glued together. What do people run to smooth this out? Black sillycone or 2 part epoxy? or something????
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:08 PM   #32
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
when I ported the stock intake (MSD too, but to a lesser extent) there were areas that had valleys where the intake is glued together. What do people run to smooth this out? Black sillycone or 2 part epoxy? or something????
ive seen port jobs that just left them and smoothed them out as much as possible. may make a difference to fill and smooth but might also be more work then the gain. With anything though if you have the time and the patience why not.
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:56 PM   #33
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Yeh I just smooth them out and left the valley, but somebody must have tried something??
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:32 PM   #34
QuarterMileSS
Camaro6 newbie

Drives: 2020 Riverside Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by parbreak View Post
$304 shipped vs $275 shipped. Not too bad for instant gratification.
And I'm still one of the only dealers in the country that have them.
QuarterMileSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:37 AM   #35
Awebb

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro LT1
Will this bolt up to the stock LT1 throttle body, and if bolting onto an otherwise stock LT1, what kind of power gains are people seeing?

Any pics of what it looks like installed? Assuming the stock engine cover would no longer work?
Awebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 01:17 AM   #36
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
nevermind the ashy larry stuff going on under there. dynos are showing ~15 whp. i have no dynos but the maf said it was moving 3-4 more lbs/min of air, that's good enough for me.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2020, 08:18 PM   #37
EricFormula350

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Only took me about two hours for the intake and catch can install. Suoer easy!!
Attached Images

2020 Camaro 2SS A10 - Garnet Red/Kalahari, LT2 Intake, RotoFab CAI, Velossa Tech Intake Snorkel, JLT Catch Can, IKON Motorsports Rear Diffuser, MBRP Axle Back Exhaust, Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Decklid, 1LE Splitter
EricFormula350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:28 PM   #38
atx_traveler

Drives: blue velvet
did you put some heat shielding back on? i'm assuming the stock heat blocking rubber had to be removed.
atx_traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:37 AM   #39
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
It’s an injector muffler lol
Old 09-04-2020, 07:57 AM   #40
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
It’s an injector muffler lol
100% truth. my car sounds like a 1693 cat from the cabin with the windows up. oh well
Old 09-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #41
EricFormula350

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_traveler View Post
did you put some heat shielding back on? i'm assuming the stock heat blocking rubber had to be removed.
I did not. I didn't feel it was seated correctly with it so I left it off. Talked with another person who left theirs on with the LT2 because he called GPI and they recommended leaving it on. At this point I don't feel like removing the intake to try and make it fit.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 - Garnet Red/Kalahari, LT2 Intake, RotoFab CAI, Velossa Tech Intake Snorkel, JLT Catch Can, IKON Motorsports Rear Diffuser, MBRP Axle Back Exhaust, Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Decklid, 1LE Splitter
EricFormula350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:07 PM   #42
2SSVERT

Drives: 17 garnet red 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRATX View Post
If anyone who orders one can measure how much taller the intake is over stock as I'm trying to see if it will fit under my strut brace.

Thanks!
The answer is yes and no. It will fit but I had to trim some ribs off the top to give some clearness under the stb.
2SSVERT is offline   Reply With Quote