Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #15
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Brettman, I wish you had. It is a cool setup, reliable and makes great power. I've been just riding along watching the issues of the Whipple. I have to say its all about testing, quality control and customer service, as a Team Member of Magnuson and knowing many of the staff there its been a great experience and it starts at the top with Mike Sitar (toohighpsi) who is the leader and is dedicated to the best product available. Plus he likes to go really fast and lives and breaths performance. Besides that he's a pretty cool guy to hang out with and just BS about the performance world.
I know, response to an OLD post. BUT, I hear you. This has been growing pains with the LT1. As you all see with other members. I have Harleys down pat (HP)
Now, a new game..lol
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #16
ex-SS-ve

The numbers were on a mustang dyno.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 07:01 PM   #17
Cool SS

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro 2SS
4 years later and I'm having similar problems. Wish I saw this thread before purchasing a Whipple. Since March of this year it's been nothing but a pain in the @$$ and an endless money pit.
Cool SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:42 PM   #18
ex-SS-ve

Thought i had it fixed back then and it shredded another belt a few months afterwards. So i took it on myself to eliminate the problem for good. I picked up a green belt, machined some .30 shims and corrected the spacing on the idler pulley. I ended up adding a 38% fuel lobe cam, 2” kooks longtubes & went down a pulley size. It now makes 750 rwhp in summer heat. Thats as far as ill push it for stock internals. I put 16k miles on this setup with zero issues with reliability or belt drive. It has been a strong running car.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #19
ex-SS-ve

Looks better now
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2021, 09:33 PM   #20
Cool SS

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro 2SS
My tensioner idler pulley has failed three times since march. I can barely get 500 miles between each failure. I don't do any machining but I can sure use some of those shims you made. Your car looks great!

Is your green belt the Gates K100816HD?
Cool SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 12:29 AM   #21
ex-SS-ve

Ill have to pop hood and look at number on belt. I installed it back in oct 2017. As for the shims i would machine you a few if i still had access to a cnc mill.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #22
SSUNDVL

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
bring a feeler garage to the hardware store and just get some washers to use as shim/s.
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote